VN Onhold [Translation Progress] MamaxHolic -Atelier Kaguya BARE&BUNNY-

Kirashi

May 9, 2017
A small message to volux: Just played early with your translation, I am a bit lost why you dropped the honorifics while you added some japanese make up words like "Hoy" (even though they weren't here in the japanese sentence). Kuon calling Seira by her first name without honorirics make them look closer than they seemed to be in the first game (I only played love x holic). It's a bit anticlimatic but maybe it doesn't matter in the fandisk? Honorifics are very important considering the complex relationship between chara.
Another example:
Your first line with Suzuka:
Senpai Aoe, Senga senpai. It's time to let go of the Senpai. Just please let him go.
In jap: Kuh... Aoe Senpai, Senga senpai... Sorosoro, watashi no senpai wo hanashite itadakenai deshou ka.

Some small mistakes in the sentence (reverse senpai Aoe aside). Even though Suzuka is using keigo she doesn't hide the fact she is annoyed at all:
Kuh... Aoe senpai, Senga senpai... Can't you do me a favor and let my senpai go already?

Don't take me wrong I am not saying this to complain, just giving some advice in case you want to improve your work in some ways, feel free to ignore me if it's a bother.

Last edited:

Knight8

Sep 17, 2017
that's a typical text encoding problem. whoever did the translation didn't seem to pay much attention to things like that. and remember, people are paying that guy to do patches
I found a solution,you just have to use a locale emulator instead of changing the unicode

Knight8

Sep 17, 2017
If I get there, sure.
But I'm doing this in my freetime, between work and stuff... so I cannot give any etas when or how much time.
Which route of Mai has the better ending?The one without full affection or the one with full affection?