Others Complete [Translation Request][Alicesoft] Dohna Dohna Isshou ni Warui Koto wo Shiyou

Eraea

Jul 23, 2017
if you mean the back button img files these dont seem to do anything ( when i imported this nothing changed ) i still have no idea wher the once are that change it same for setting menu and so on

its possible that you can change these names in a script somwher to the fact that if you delete the font file the back button letters disapear ( and other stuf just try it yourself :p ) but t could also be that i looked over it a 100 times in the img files or i am just completley wrong :D

ps thank you ^^
Ohh I guess the buttons are solid color images layered with stylized fonts via game engine then?
That's something I have no understanding on lol

Reactions: Shiro-Nyaa!!!

Shiro-Nyaa!!!

Jun 12, 2020
is anybody translating the UI like the pic below ? just a fast transaltion in the Todo ( and yes i know the translation is wrong it was just a fast test ther ^^)

i will wait for 1 day for a repsonds until i start transalting it for real ^^
i belief i also saw stuf like item names. item description. skills. and so on maybe also the setting names :p

update i could not find anything to change somthing like return button or other buttons the only thing i can translate setting related is the message it give like: do you whant to exit the game ? : do you whant to hire this worker ? and so on ;(
2020-12-18 (3).png

Last edited:

Eraea

Jul 23, 2017
is anybody translating the UI like the pic below ? just a fast transaltion in the Todo ( and yes i know the translation is wrong it was just a fast test ther ^^)

i belief i also saw stuf like item names. item description. skills. and so on maybe also the setting names :p

update i could not find anything to change somthing like return button or other buttons the only thing i can translate setting related is the message it give like: do you whant to exit the game ? : do you whant to hire this worker ? and so on ;(
Looking at this, I am assuming that if we can read the .FNL file that contains the fonts, we could somehow get the proper fontstyle to use for the translations as it seems that it contains the alphabet along with hiragana and katakana.

Will try looking to what's actually used to display words in game on the code side, if my measly coding skills even help a bit :whistle::whistle:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018

View attachment 945286
Looking great so far, Shiro!

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Looking at this, I am assuming that if we can read the .FNL file that contains the fonts, we could somehow get the proper fontstyle to use for the translations as it seems that it contains the alphabet along with hiragana and katakana.

Will try looking to what's actually used to display words in game on the code side, if my measly coding skills even help a bit :whistle::whistle:

Wooooo-fucking-hooo! It's looking awesome! Can't wait for you guys to combine what you've done!

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Just some simple MTL for testing.
Seems like we gotta figure out how to change font sizes too. That weapon description couldn't fit lol
We could change the font, find a way to word wrap the text or simply make it more concise.

Changing the font size might make the text too hard to read, which wouldn't be fun.

Can you split the text into more rows with a "/n" symbol or by pressing "Enter" inside the text box? Adding another row could fix the issue of the text being too long.

Making the text more concise while also keeping its meaning would require a bit more creativity, though it could be perceived as the translators not being faithful to the original translation.

Last edited:

Eraea

Jul 23, 2017
That should work since I've been seeing the use of "|" and "\n" line breaks on the strings for descriptions, then we need to translate them as such that they get the point across while being short enough that we wouldn't need to use too much line breaks.

Heads up, it seems that messages (ie. the words on textboxes that the characters speak) seem to be only modifiable via the text dumps, while the Speaker's names are modifiable via the code dump and maybe the ex file dumps. So anyone interested in helping translate Character names, items, weapons, skill descriptions, you can dump the dohnadohnaEx.ex file to edit on any suitable text editor.

Last edited:

Shiro-Nyaa!!!

Jun 12, 2020
just finnished unpacking dohnadohnaPact.afa ex files lets see if i can find somthing ther ^^

or is this what you wher working on Eraea ?
i leave the file here if sombody needs it in the futer ^^

( ps ther is this line データ = (list) { "Button", "CG,立ち絵,音楽,戻る" }, in file number 165 )
gonna test it for a sec ^^ ( later need to do somthing first )

Last edited:
Reactions: James Eveleth

Shiro-Nyaa!!!

Jun 12, 2020
Amazing work guys!
I have a question, the translation will work on patch 1.01?

If it helps, some guy did full dialogs translation of the dohna dohna trial: mega,nz/file/vJd1ACLC#lCY4q6D5x_Yue2S4JVw_6cimjxMO06lpVw5ipKy6nm4

And other guy posted the update 1.01 with a interface patch that translate some objects and the special traits from workers: mega,nz/file/dAgQjAKK#BiHiGAPd0WetwefOvb4CNQ7SahhbBYGKizSkfxbAdso

Idk anything about coding but the interface patch guy use a custom dohnadohnaCG.afa named dohnadohnaCGmod.afa, i guess it overwrites the original?
thank you i check it later ^^

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Amazing work guys!

If it helps, some guy did full dialogs translation of the dohna dohna trial: mega,nz/file/vJd1ACLC#lCY4q6D5x_Yue2S4JVw_6cimjxMO06lpVw5ipKy6nm4

And other guy posted the update 1.01 with a interface patch that translate some objects and the special traits from workers: mega,nz/file/dAgQjAKK#BiHiGAPd0WetwefOvb4CNQ7SahhbBYGKizSkfxbAdso

Idk anything about coding but the interface patch guy use a custom dohnadohnaCG.afa named dohnadohnaCGmod.afa, i guess it overwrites the original?
Hey there! Where did you find those translations? And is there a way to reach out to the translators? They might be willing to come here and work on the full translation together with our guys.

Shiro-Nyaa!!!

Jun 12, 2020
hm small update the part i extracted i think they are ussles for now

more like if i repack it the file is smaller so i am missing some files
i also have no idea how to repack all these files whit alice-tools

if i open this file whit GARbro i pretty mutch see a whole difrent file 14 maps whit difrent names like adv. title. home. member. worker and so on whit files that i can`t extract (file Name.pactex) at least i dont know how

i will try some other stuf but i dont think its gonna work

also the font file had nothing intresting just fonts for output in the game was kinda expecting it but you never know :p

Last edited:
  • Sad

Shiro-Nyaa!!!

Jun 12, 2020
alice tools updated 5 days ago maybe it helps
hm it seems to pick up the command this time but i get the ERROR: At line 1: syntax error

i try to export all the files whit GARbro make a new afa file and then see what alice-tools does ^^

i also looked at the trial files looks intresting but i have no idea how he did it ;P or how it works ^^

ps thank you ;D

hm never mind i cant add these files into a afa file at least not whit what i got now............
aa well i am getting the feeling that this is not it anyway ^^

Last edited:

Shiro-Nyaa!!!

Jun 12, 2020
"i try to export all the files whit GARbro make a new afa file and then see what alice-tools does ^^"

I thought alice-tools could export all the files including afa files and build the files again :c
it can but i seem to get a error evry time and then it stops could also be that i am doing somthing wrong ^^

Eraea

Jul 23, 2017
Amazing work guys!

I am not sure, the game version I'm working on is base 1.00, also your links doesn't seem to work. Might just be me though.

I've found some stuff that gets called code side and I think I found the buttons for save and load and stuff.
The game calls for this specific location "DJCPP\\scene\\00_Component\\Common\\Footer\\Footer.jaf" in a function with the name Footer Button which I assume should be the buttons that are always right at the bottom of the screen. The call retrieves text data for the button that I think is where the UI text is stored.

Shiro-Nyaa!!!

Jun 12, 2020
first link
mega.nz/file/vJd1ACLC#lCY4q6D5x_Yue2S4JVw_6cimjxMO06lpVw5ipKy6nm4
second link
mega.nz/file/dAgQjAKK#BiHiGAPd0WetwefOvb4CNQ7SahhbBYGKizSkfxbAdso

maybe it works now ?

and thats some good news ther :D