Others Complete [Translation Request][Alicesoft] Dohna Dohna Isshou ni Warui Koto wo Shiyou

Shiro-Nyaa!!!

Jun 12, 2020
oke i am not gonna lie the translations deepl gives me kinda makes me just whant to give up
i actualy dont think its that difrent from google translate sure its a bit better but is it realy worth it ?

and belief translater++ is gonna give a update in the futer for deepl

anyway i am gonna take a small break from it ^^

sorry

Last edited:

Eraea

Jul 23, 2017
oke i am not gonna lie the translations deepl gives me kinda makes me just whant to give up
i actualy dont think its that difrent from google translate sure its a bit better but is it realy worth it ?

and belief translater++ is gonna give a update in the futer for deepl

anyway i am gonna take a small break from it ^^

sorry
Don't apologize, you're doing this voluntarily ^^

Also yeah I agree DeepL doesn't seem to that much better compared to Google or Yandex. Still much better to have someone that actually knows Japanese. Also I am working on the tutorial screens for now, will post again when I finish those.

Shiro-Nyaa!!!

Jun 12, 2020
Don't apologize, you're doing this voluntarily ^^

Also yeah I agree DeepL doesn't seem to that much better compared to Google or Yandex. Still much better to have someone that actually knows Japanese. Also I am working on the tutorial screens for now, will post again when I finish those.
do you have all the tutorial files ?

there are 17 tutorial files

Reactions: LoliNlol

Eraea

Jul 23, 2017
I'm around 9/17 tutorial images done, I think I can post them come tomorrow.

I took liberty in translating some stuff that wouldn't make much sense for a tutorial scene (eg. dohnadohna being slang for abducting/capturing in Japan as stated on the Alicesoft wiki) but you guys can still translate those exactly as they are for the story.

Though if you want me to stick to literal translations just give me a heads up. (y)

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
I'm around 9/17 tutorial images done, I think I can post them come tomorrow.

I took liberty in translating some stuff that wouldn't make much sense for a tutorial scene (eg. dohnadohna being slang for abducting/capturing in Japan as stated on the Alicesoft wiki) but you guys can still translate those exactly as they are for the story.

Though if you want me to stick to literal translations just give me a heads up. (y)
The one thing that makes a translator really stand out from all the rest is their ability to locate the places where a literal translation would not work and use their best judgement to find a suitable replacement.

I say go for what you feel is best, since translating everything like a robot would get the game done faster, but with less soul.

Also, writing down what word you used for each specific term in a list of sorts could help with consistency when the translation is being proofread.

Megumin.

Donor
Jan 12, 2018
I took liberty in translating some stuff that wouldn't make much sense for a tutorial scene (eg. dohnadohna being slang for abducting/capturing in Japan as stated on the Alicesoft wiki)
What did you changed it to?

Last edited:
Reactions: Eraea

wizyte

Oct 27, 2020
I don't think anyone here is expecting perfection from people translating stuff. I think we're all hoping for something that's good enough to play the game with an understanding of what's happening. When it comes to stuff that doesn't quite make sense translated literally... I'm sure if you use your best judgment everyone will be incredible grateful regardless. We appreciate your time.

Reactions: radio-attack

Eraea

Jul 23, 2017
What did you changed it to?
ドーナドーナ (Dōna-Dōna) to "Capture" and
ジンザイ (Jinzai) to "Girl" cause while it's in Katakana, it could be referring to 人材 (Jinzai) that means manpower

This is just for the tutorial screens anyway so the players know what the purpose of some actions are in specific parts of the game. I have experienced some lazy fan translates that didn't even actually fit what the tutorial was talking about or stuff so I just wanted to help some people to be able to play the game properly :)

Anyways I reverted "Charm" back to "Looks" cause that word is just almost everywhere (Items, Bonus stats, etc.) so I wanted to avoid confusion for now since the game isn't even fully translated.

BTW are the buttons images too or are they in a different format? I could help doing those if they were simple image formats.

Shiro-Nyaa!!!

Jun 12, 2020
ジンザイ (Jinzai) to "Girl" cause while it's in Katakana, it could be referring to 人材 (Jinzai) that means manpower

This is just for the tutorial screens anyway so the players know what the purpose of some actions are in specific parts of the game. I have experienced some lazy fan translates that didn't even actually fit what the tutorial was talking about or stuff so I just wanted to help some people to be able to play the game properly :)

Anyways I reverted "Charm" back to "Looks" cause that word is just almost everywhere (Items, Bonus stats, etc.) so I wanted to avoid confusion for now since the game isn't even fully translated.

BTW are the buttons images too or are they in a different format? I could help doing those if they were simple image formats.
if you mean the back button img files these dont seem to do anything ( when i imported this nothing changed ) i still have no idea wher the once are that change it same for setting menu and so on

its possible that you can change these names in a script somwher to the fact that if you delete the font file the back button letters disapear ( and other stuf just try it yourself :p ) but t could also be that i looked over it a 100 times in the img files or i am just completley wrong :D

ps thank you ^^

Reactions: Eraea

assfilledwithgems

Apr 10, 2020

Hey really grateful you guys are trying to do this! :)
Also how do I actually use these in game?