Others Complete [Translation Request][Alicesoft] Dohna Dohna Isshou ni Warui Koto wo Shiyou

Shiro-Nyaa!!!

Jun 12, 2020
ps hope this is good enough for the items ? ( need to fill in a few more item descriptions i do that later tonight ^^ )

2020-12-23 (2).png
( ther is stil a lot to translate)
and i wont be online tomorrow so
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY ^^

Last edited:

KaiSkuyler

May 11, 2020
first File is the update
and second file is for Eraea its the item icons in english it needs to have the same name as in the script or it will show random icons on evry item

ps hope this is good enough for the items ? ( need to fill in a few more item descriptions i dod that later tonight ^^ )

View attachment 953377
( ther is stil a lot to translate)
and i wont be online tomorrow so
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY ^^
Happy christmas!!!

and you too ;)

Eraea

Jul 23, 2017
Shiro-Nyaa!!!
Is this ex file modified from the ver 1.01 update? I'm working what Surgy suggested before, and I got them to work.
I could just edit your ex file and post them if so.
Also I have to rework my Pact.afa file cuz of the update, just so it's compatible.

Up:
Seems to work, though everyone has hotdogs as weapons for some reason..... :LOL:
Anyways people, you can use these for now. Comes with English tutorial screens and Items translated by Shiro.
To install, just paste them over the game directory.
Names will be compatable with the pact.afa once I get to check any differences between the ver 1.00 (611 byte file size) vs the ver 1.01 (615 byte file) and edit them again. Idk what to call this.. maybe its translation ver 0.10?

Last edited:

Shiro-Nyaa!!!

Jun 12, 2020
Shiro-Nyaa!!!
Is this ex file modified from the ver 1.01 update? I'm working what Surgy suggested before, and I got them to work.
I could just edit your ex file and post them if so.
Also I have to rework my Pact.afa file cuz of the update, just so it's compatible.
Yeah its version 1.01 ^^

I hope it's not to mutch work and take your time :D

Ps I can also combine your and my file if you send it to me

So you can focus on the pact file

Reactions: James Eveleth

Eraea

Jul 23, 2017
Shiro-Nyaa!!!
Do you know how to do recursive importing on ALDExplorer2? I was able to do it once before, and it was very handy as it imported everything inside one folder directory. I just don't remember how I did it though lol

Eraea

Jul 23, 2017
I guess the files were ready to test in 1.01v so i did a quick test in a fresh game: There are blank items at the shop, the actual effects of girls traits are all at 0 and the tutorials are bugged XD.
I made sure I used original files when I introduced the additional afa file, and it worked so something might have messed up, have you tried applying the 1.01 update beforehand?

Meowstrophe

Jan 11, 2020
hwat

translation is actually doable? are the files not that hard to open and edit or something? holy shit didn't expect the game gonna get fan-translation this easy lmao (Translating the thing ain't gonna be easy, I know, just didn't realize that cracking the game open and translating it doesn't take too much effort. Or maybe just me and my smol brain didn't know how to do that kek)

Eraea

Jul 23, 2017
Okay so here's a problem. Modifying too much stuff messes the game's data retrieval. It was bad enough that I had to manually edit file names again (around 30-40 files I think?) just so the item pictures could be read again. :unsure:

Here's what I found out though, contained in the dohnadohnaEx.ex file are lists and tables of game data that are used for UI and Gameplay mechanics. Some are fine to be translated only if they are of the list, string text, function. There may be more, but these two are common so if possible we should avoid the string id functions found in tables or other simlar stuff.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You mean you applied the update and the translated files or only the translated files?
I installed a fresh copy of v1.00, then copied the translation files. That's all I did, nothing else. I also did this 5 times, so I know it works in my case. We'd need the input of others to know what could be the cause of yours not properly working as should be..
Also here's an updated file, if it helps. This fixes the item pictures, I also modified some item names to be closer to source material, and you can delete the tutorial.afa as that's redundant now.

Last edited:

Eraea

Jul 23, 2017
Ok so what youre saying is that you tested and it works in version 1.00 but have you tested in version 1.01?
Yes. My main game is on 1.01, which is what I am also working with for the translation, so I installed another copy of 1.00, and tested the translation there.

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Anything with ID in the name is used as a unique value by which to call the specific variable. Changing it even by a single character will break the game. Other "string" and "int" values can be changed and shouldn't impact the game at all, unless the string holds the ID for a specific skill.

In that case, when the game starts reading that character and filling out the character screen, it takes the ID housed in the string skill1, locates the skill with that same ID and then adds it to the character screen. If you find the skill with that ID in another/the same file and translate its "string name", it will be in English the next time you boot up the game.

On a side note, what program are you using to open the files?

Eraea

Jul 23, 2017
Anything with ID in the name is used as a unique value by which to call the specific variable. Changing it even by a single character will break the game. Other "string" and "int" values can be changed and shouldn't impact the game at all, unless the string holds the ID for a specific skill.

In that case, when the game starts reading that character and filling out the character screen, it takes the ID housed in the string skill1, locates the skill with that same ID and then adds it to the character screen. If you find the skill with that ID in another/the same file and translate its "string name", it will be in English the next time you boot up the game.

On a side note, what program are you using to open the files?
We could change the string IDs, the problem lies with the sharing of files and stuff as doing so would require A LOT of renaming inside the archive files.

I use alice-tools to dump data from the files which can be viewed in any text editor program, GARbro to check and extract the archive file names, and ALDExplorer2 to repack modded archive files.

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
We could change the string IDs, the problem lies with the sharing of files and stuff as doing so would require A LOT of renaming inside the archive files.

I use alice-tools to dump data from the files which can be viewed in any text editor program, GARbro to check and extract the archive file names, and ALDExplorer2 to repack modded archive files.
Well, yeah, string IDs could be changed, but as you said, finding and replacing the new name in all the places where each ID is used would be quite a lot of work. As it is currently, this is not needed.

Thanks for the info on what programs you use, I would like to take a look at the code myself at some point.