Others Complete [Translation Request][Alicesoft] Dohna Dohna Isshou ni Warui Koto wo Shiyou

Monarch Of Space

Dec 27, 2020
whit this i am gonna drop the transalation you can say

my apologies but with the mindset i have right now its better if i just quit

here are the latest files i looked trough the files from 4chan and copied the spots i didnt have translated in the this file i also replace some part that wher better translated

if a person picks this up in the futer i left a extra file in ther for the parts that stil need to be replaced and so you already know what you still have to translate in the original file

fully untranslated part are marked whit //

the needs to beee translated and re-checked for any text falling out of the menus in game

good luck i hope you guys can make a great translation of the game ^^

and yes feel free to hate me and sorry for holding you back like this
You did good enough, you deserve a break for what you have contributed

Monarch Of Space

Dec 27, 2020
How do i change the buttons to english or there is no possible way yet ? and how do i make the power,speed and tech turns to english ? because its still in jp for me

Edit: i've download the english screen translation but i absolutely have no clue where to put it

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: cyan101

Laiin

Sep 1, 2018
There are so many link here i don't exactly understand what do i need to download so do i need to download the latest link i see or there are more ?

Eraea

Jul 23, 2017
There are so many link here i don't exactly understand what do i need to download so do i need to download the latest link i see or there are more ?
If you're fine with playing with some minor translations (like some UI stuff and tutorial screens only) you just need to download and apply the translation patch I posted on page 15.
I still haven't gone to the story part yet as that's the least on my priority list for this.

I'm still enjoying the holidays so I'll get back to working on this next year. Cheers

DMNDCE

Jun 14, 2017
Wow, had no idea this was coming. Really love the aesthetic. Reminds me a bit of 7th Dragon and Etrian Odyssey with that art style. Looking forward to the eventual translation. If we leave it up to MangaGamer we may have it done in the next 7 years!

Xlore

Jul 12, 2017
So I found this thread trying to look for tools to unpack Heartful Mama.

I can translate, but I have no idea how to go through the unpacking/scripting/repacking process without breaking everything. I want to learn though so I can go through Heartful Mama's files.
I'll probably just bang my head around with the unpacking files while I wait on a response if translators are still needed.

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018

I can translate, but I have no idea how to go through the unpacking/scripting/repacking process without breaking everything. I want to learn though so I can go through Heartful Mama's files.
I'll probably just bang my head around with the unpacking files while I wait on a response if translators are still needed.
Hey there! Welcome to this translation thread. Here are a few posts that I believe can help you. Going through the whole thread might still be advisable, just so you can see in what area the translators have progressed and what else is needed.

In their post Eraea detail what programs they use to work on the game and what they do with them.
I use alice-tools to dump data from the files which can be viewed in any text editor program, GARbro to check and extract the archive file names, and ALDExplorer2 to repack modded archive files.
Surgy, meanwhile, gives advice on some good practices for everyone translating and offers help if you have any questions regarding repacking.
Basically full translation is this:
  • Translated images with keeping their name.
  • Translated and renamed images whose EX file references was translated because game used them for both image retrieval and for text display (that goes for items it seems).
  • The first two are packed into a separate .afa with .ain code modified.
  • Translated EX and PACT strings that are used only for text display.
  • Translated EX and PACT strings that are used for text display and as reference: they need to be renamed in every EX file and in s[] fields of the .ain which is annoying AF but seems necessary for items and personalities.
  • Translated AIN file m[] messages, plain and simple but without any fancy unicode characters because building .ain back will break on those.
  • Translated AIN file references and strings in s[], only when necessary, like if it references translated id in EX file or if it used as a string to display in rare cases.
PS: To all who translates texts: can you please use the .csv translation format I provided earlier. If people will just modify .x and .txt dump files directly, or provide only compiled builds, it would be difficult to merge all those translations into one later or to re-apply the translations to a future updates.

To all who translates images: it would be nice if you also upload files in your editor format (.xcf for GIMP or .psd for Photoshop) in addition to .png so other people could typeset/experiment with positioning or change texts.

PM me if any of you want to apply the translation script .csv files, I posted earlier, to alice-tools dump format and have some questions regarding the tool, or if you want me to do it for you. Also the game_regexps.csv file describes for text, which is especially important for searching the translatable strings in .x files, if you find an undetected stuff its RegExp is missing/incorrect there, ping me if you find those, too.
And finally, this is Shiro-Nyaa!!!'s final contribution to the project. They did a lot of good work and even marked the text that they didn't have the time to get to for other translators.
whit this i am gonna drop the transalation you can say

my apologies but with the mindset i have right now its better if i just quit

here are the latest files i looked trough the files from 4chan and copied the spots i didnt have translated in the this file i also replace some part that wher better translated

if a person picks this up in the futer i left a extra file in ther for the parts that stil need to be replaced and so you already know what you still have to translate in the original file

fully untranslated part are marked whit //

the needs to beee translated and re-checked for any text falling out of the menus in game

good luck i hope you guys can make a great translation of the game ^^

and yes feel free to hate me and sorry for holding you back like this
There haven't been any posts from the main translators since then, so I can't say at what state the translation is currently. Perhaps waiting for a reply from one of them before you start work on the game would be best, so that there aren't any overlaps.

Thank you for offering to contribute and I hope that you will enjoy this project and learn a lot while working on it!

Reactions: radio-attack

Eraea

Jul 23, 2017

For me it's actually has been a process of trial and error, it's like that most of the time. Also as James quoted before, I listed the programs I've used to unpack the necessary game files. I'll send you a message if you need help and stuff. Surgy may also be of help if you ask him.

On the topic of the game translation, I've been play testing all the stuff I could do on the early acts and see if there's any interface I missed aside from those that I couldn't find any text source I can change. I could release a new version now but there won't be any much difference from the version before.

Syncaroonie

Jan 4, 2021
Hi all,
I don't know any Japanese but I am trying to get a machine translation going so the game is somewhat playable. I'm using Google's API and so far it seems to be doing a passable job.
Once I figure out how to recompile the .ain file I'll post it up here, will probably edit it as I play the game myself but obviously it'll only be as accurate as Google Translate was.

Last edited:

Eraea

Jul 23, 2017
I would glady welcome anyone that wants to translate the game's story section, I'm not even sure what happened to NamelessMagician's MTL at this point.
Depends on you how you do it, MTL or otherwise, though I will do my take on it when I finish my priorities right now.
You guys can use my .ain file so it's compatible with what I'm working on too.
Anyways, here's a new version

v0.34 Changelog:
-Reverted to non-linebreaked character names, it looked good in concept, but with not being able to mess with the game's source code, usage of the line-breaked names make some system lines janky and are bothersome to deal with. Compensated with adjusting the font sizes instead.
-Translated 5 starting Character's Passives and Skills, Torataro's are in WIP since I'm aiming on mixing Romaji and English on his skills (They are mostly in kanji that gets translated badly by google/deepl from japanese and gets recognized as chinese too)
-Fixed some icons not properly read by game
-Modified status screens, added customer and girl screens in english

Last edited:

desgrasa

Oct 23, 2018
if i at least know to make something other than a calculator in java(that i think i don´t know anymore),i would help with something,but,brazil inst the best place to get progamming class that i can afford,and,well,i literaly live in a hole;-;,all i can do is give my support,if that would at least mean something.

Imperator753

Aug 5, 2016
Is this translation the same as the haniho thread?

(Link to their interface translation if it's not):

for more info

Syncaroonie

Jan 4, 2021
Really keen to take a look at your patch when I get a chance Eraea. On the MTL front, I finished bulk translating every message string in the game, though without any editing yet it's not entirely easy to comprehend. I'll post it later on today, want to have a crack at cleaning up the opening scene before I do.

Reactions: James Eveleth

Eraea

Jul 23, 2017
Is this translation the same as the haniho thread?

(Link to their interface translation if it's not):

for more info
No, we aren't associated with that translator that did that. Someone had mentioned it a couple pages before, though I haven't taken a look at it. Mega link doesn't like to load up properly for me, IDK why.

Really keen to take a look at your patch when I get a chance Eraea. On the MTL front, I finished bulk translating every message string in the game, though without any editing yet it's not entirely easy to comprehend. I'll post it later on today, want to have a crack at cleaning up the opening scene before I do.
I haven't really touched the .ain file that contains the story aside from modifying it's loading process to read aditional archives and some interface words that were not present in the file I'm working on. I've only really touched on the Ex.ex and Pact.afa files as those have most of the stuff found in the interface.

Last edited:
Reactions: James Eveleth