Others Complete [Translation Request][Alicesoft] Dohna Dohna Isshou ni Warui Koto wo Shiyou

DMNDCE

Jun 14, 2017
God damn I love the style of this game. Art and animation is top tier. Glad to see Alicesoft take on a more modern setting. I was a bit sick of their swords and monsters games.

The WIP translation has been a great help so far.

Reactions: James Eveleth

terratest

Aug 5, 2017
how do you upgrade equipment from the shop? got that on my todo. Theres nothing on the shop except the usual things

Reactions: Eraea
Dec 2, 2019
0.40 update changelog
- Adjusted dialogue window to accomodate more text in english, should be enough to fit 4 moderate length lines using line-breaks or by using the games internal message slots (the latter varies per scene and per dialogue)
- Translated dialogue speaker names of some characters (All of the playable characters & shopkeeper) for all the scenes
- Translated almost everything inside the girl training menu (Girl names & description are not of importance for now)
- Store item types are translated so you know what they are for e.g. RECOV is recovery item, TRAIN is for training girls, AZITO items affect your hideout facilities, etc.
- Tips shown at the bottom of the screen are adjusted for english; translated until I think episode 3.
- Save file names on load screen are translated (Won't fix old saves as this is only in engine, not what is written inside the saves if I'm correct.)
- UI translations should be around 55 to 60% done.
- A little peek of a semi-MTL with a little proofreading translation of the story (Starting part of episode 1 only, used as testing for dialogue window adjustments)
For anyone who can stand with the retardation of GG translate and want to play the game with google MTL, i've run the rest of Eraea's Translate ver0.40 (the story part that was not translated yet by Eraea after his semi translation) through Google Translation. Plz download Eraea's Translate 0.40 and then replace the dohnadohna.ain in there with this file. PS: it's MTL only ...
EDIT: Update along with Eraea's new releases.
check page 19 for ver 0.41

Last edited:

Eraea

Jul 23, 2017
how do you upgrade equipment from the shop? got that on my todo. Theres nothing on the shop except the usual things
Ah right I mistranslated that, my bad. If you didn't remind me I'd forget posting this right until the next patch.

0.41 Changelog
- Fixed a mistranslated ToDo hint
- Translated Girl traits/personalities(those pink boxes); Along with adjusting their UI so there's no text overflow.
- Adjusted detail view of the traits when you click on them and translated them
- Minor adjustments to some screens

Dec 2, 2019
Ah right I mistranslated that, my bad. If you didn't remind me I'd forget posting this right until the next patch.

0.41 Changelog
- Translated Girl traits/personalities(those pink boxes); Along with adjusting their UI so there's no text overflow.
Will update MTL equivalent versions of Eraea's Translate whenever he updates a new one. Delete the "(0.41)" and replace with the file in Eraea's Translate v0.41 to play the game with Google MTL while still having Eraea's amazingly translated UIs. I'll be trying out the game now... finally !
EDIT: waiting for bug fix.

Last edited:

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018

0.41 Changelog
Thank you for your hard work! It's awesome how fast you are progressing with the translation!

Will update MTL equivalent versions of Eraea's Translate whenever he updates a new one. Delete the "(0.41)" and replace with the file in Eraea's Translate v0.41 to play the game with Google MTL while still having Eraea's amazingly translated UIs. I'll be trying out the game now... finally !
Good job! Do tell how your playthrough is going.

Reactions: radio-attack
Dec 2, 2019
Did you get a tutorial that told you how to end the phase? If not, try pressing Esc or Tab to try and open a menu, or perhaps "M" to try and close the map?

If there was a tutorial and the icon you have to press is not on the map... Well, fuck...
So i extracted a fresh copy of the game, went through the tut and progressed normally. Then i tried Eraea's translation ( 0.41) on another fresh copy, couldn't progress. Yet however, if i load the auto save file that generated while testing out the fresh vanilla copy ON the one with Eraea's applied, it works... (save with JP texts which was generated by playing through vanilla copy works and allows progression). 1611428577952.png

Last edited:
  • Sad
Dec 2, 2019
So i extracted a fresh copy of the game, went through the tut and progressed normally. Then i tried Eraea's translation (both 0.40 and 0.41) on another fresh copy, couldn't progress. Yet however, if i load the auto save file that generated while testing out the fresh vanilla copy ON the one with Eraea's applied, it works... (save with JP texts which was generated by playing through vanilla copy works and allows progression). View attachment 999469
Yep ! After testing out like 10 times, starting a new game with zero saves, with fresh copies of vanilla game, applying Eraea's Translation somehow removed the dots on the map. If i loaded the saves created by a vanilla playthrough, it would crash the game in Episode 2.
EDIT: Only 0.41 got the error, 0.40 still works fine.

Last edited:

terratest

Aug 5, 2017
applied the new fix but it still says to upgrade weapon in the shop now and i dont know how to do that, since theres nothing in the shop like that

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Yep ! After testing out like 10 times, starting a new game with zero saves, with fresh copies of vanilla game, applying Eraea's Translation somehow removed the dots on the map. If i loaded the saves created by a vanilla playthrough, it would crash the game in Episode 2.
EDIT: Only 0.41 got the error, 0.40 still works fine.
Sounds like a bug. It's really helpful that you tested out so many possibilities, Eraea should have an easier time to locate and fix it thanks to that information.

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
So, Kagura Games not gonna take this one?
Probably not. Dohna Dohna is an Alicesoft game and they can handle their own translation if they feel like it. Also, it's new, and new games rarely receive an English translation. Even if an official translation begins, it would probably take upwards of an year or so until it's completed.

The great people working on the fan translation are our best bet of playing this game as soon as possible. You rock, guys!

Reactions: HunterSeeker

May 6, 2017
So, Kagura Games not gonna take this one?
No, Alicesoft game official translation have been bought exclusively by Mangagamer, so if anything, it will entirely depend on Mangagamer decision.
I will not expect anything from them though, especially when we still havent gotten any news on what happen to Daiteitoku, the only reason why they did their work on Rance series and Evenicle is because popularity reason but i have my doubt on anything outside those series.

Not to mention, among other Vn project Mangagamer take on, it gonna be a really long time before we even get news of official translation on this game

Last edited: