Others Complete [Translation Request][Alicesoft] Dohna Dohna Isshou ni Warui Koto wo Shiyou

dyra

Mar 20, 2018
Interesting game. I love the art and the colors. Pretty enjoyable and it's playable without translation (unlike Rance X, too hard to not understand anything). Of course a full translation would be more than appreciated.
The gameplay is good, but I prefer Evenicle. That part about selling prostitutes... meeh. At least there could be some more CG

Syncaroonie

Jan 4, 2021
Alrighty, here's a very rough MTL of the game's story content. I've given the first scene a quick once-over to try and make it more legible, but I haven't even played past that point yet, haven't had time. I might continue to update this patch if I have time, but feel free to use this as a basis if anyone else wants to do a proper clean up of the script.

To install just copy dohnadohna.ain into the game files.

Eraea

Jul 23, 2017
I'm taking a break from working on this for a day or two. Was working on some interface stuff and got it to work properly, then music started bugging out (doesnt play bgm and some effects), got REAL confused and had to look around what I may accidentally have touched that shouldn't have, nothing was wrong at all so I reverted to an earlier version of what I was working on, tested it again, then the music got fixed but the interface I was working on is now somehow bugging out (only half of the 6 words I changed gets recognized to display in game) and this just made me dizzy looking around back and forth for what the problem was. Sigh :cautious:

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
I'm taking a break from working on this for a day or two. Was working on some interface stuff and got it to work properly, then music started bugging out (doesnt play bgm and some effects), got REAL confused and had to look around what I may accidentally have touched that shouldn't have, nothing was wrong at all so I reverted to an earlier version of what I was working on, tested it again, then the music got fixed but the interface I was working on is now somehow bugging out (only half of the 6 words I changed gets recognized to display in game) and this just made me dizzy looking around back and forth for what the problem was. Sigh :cautious:
Don't feel discouraged. It sometimes is just like that when working with code.

Take a break, regain your motivation and come back with new ideas and new strength.

What you are doing is incredibly hard and time consuming, so, again, thank you for your work!

jesebar

Jan 14, 2018
Alrighty, here's a very rough MTL of the game's story content. I've given the first scene a quick once-over to try and make it more legible, but I haven't even played past that point yet, haven't had time. I might continue to update this patch if I have time, but feel free to use this as a basis if anyone else wants to do a proper clean up of the script.

I might be interested in trying this, but how do I decompress the ain file? AINDecompiler isn't working for me.

Syncaroonie

Jan 4, 2021
Good job!
Syncaroonie Btw this ain file is from the 1.01 version of the game?

Because Eraea is working on 1.01 version and it may not be compatible

Yeah I am running on Version 1.0.0, so I can't vouch that it'll all work correctly, but from what I've played with both patches it seems to be working fine.

Eraea

Jul 23, 2017
Okay I pinpointed what the problem was so I will be working again, though I won't be touching the text I tried to change before as those seem to be more hardcoded than I thought (deep inside .jaf source code I think) so if I try touching it via .ain, stuff like music playing breaks and I couldn't find a way to modify them via pact either so I'm gonna ignore it for now.

I think I'm pretty much done on the first act of the game's interface too so next version will take longer as I'll have to play through the game to get the other interfaces.

Eraea

Jul 23, 2017
The music problem was solved by that anon from chan board by renaming variable into English, see what was done after ;; schedule {{{ in src\translation.txt (this is .ain text dump mod) and in src\ex\modified\111_音楽設定.x files.
Yeah I fixed it yesterday after looking over the text again as I actually overlooked that part of the ex file, the stuff I changed is properly working now.

Most of the stuff I've changed seem to be working as expected and most text changed to english are not overflowing so I'm currently playing through the game to get the rest of the interface be available to me and get the new characters.

Ragingpeanut

Oct 28, 2020

Thank you so much

Eraea

Jul 23, 2017
0.40 update changelog
- Adjusted dialogue window to accomodate more text in english, should be enough to fit 4 moderate length lines using line-breaks or by using the games internal message slots (the latter varies per scene and per dialogue)
- Translated dialogue speaker names of some characters (All of the playable characters & shopkeeper) for all the scenes
- Translated almost everything inside the girl training menu (Girl names & description are not of importance for now)
- Store item types are translated so you know what they are for e.g. RECOV is recovery item, TRAIN is for training girls, AZITO items affect your hideout facilities, etc.
- Tips shown at the bottom of the screen are adjusted for english; translated until I think episode 3.
- Save file names on load screen are translated (Won't fix old saves as this is only in engine, not what is written inside the saves if I'm correct.)
- UI translations should be around 55 to 60% done.
- A little peek of a semi-MTL with a little proofreading translation of the story (Starting part of episode 1 only, used as testing for dialogue window adjustments)