Others Complete [Translation Request][Alicesoft] Dohna Dohna Isshou ni Warui Koto wo Shiyou

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
So, Kagura Games not gonna take this one?
Probably not. Dohna Dohna is an Alicesoft game and they can handle their own translation if they feel like it. Also, it's new, and new games rarely receive an English translation. Even if an official translation begins, it would probably take upwards of an year or so until it's completed.

The great people working on the fan translation are our best bet of playing this game as soon as possible. You rock, guys!

Reactions: HunterSeeker

May 6, 2017
So, Kagura Games not gonna take this one?
No, Alicesoft game official translation have been bought exclusively by Mangagamer, so if anything, it will entirely depend on Mangagamer decision.
I will not expect anything from them though, especially when we still havent gotten any news on what happen to Daiteitoku, the only reason why they did their work on Rance series and Evenicle is because popularity reason but i have my doubt on anything outside those series.

Not to mention, among other Vn project Mangagamer take on, it gonna be a really long time before we even get news of official translation on this game

Last edited:

Eraea

Jul 23, 2017
I'll look into what caused the map problem, I must have overlooked something since I haven't experienced it yet. Sorry for the trouble and thanks for the feedback!

Update:
The problem was that I was trying to translate the location names on the overview map and it didn't work so I had to put it on the back-burner.
Turns out I forgot to revert what I was working on before I posted the recent version. It should be fixed now, as I tested 3 times.

Again thanks for the feedback!

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2019
I'll look into what caused the map problem, I must have overlooked something since I haven't experienced it yet. Sorry for the trouble and thanks for the feedback!

Update:
The problem was that I was trying to translate the location names on the overview map and it didn't work so I had to put it on the back-burner.
Turns out I forgot to revert what I was working on before I posted the recent version. It should be fixed now, as I tested 3 times.

Again thanks for the feedback!
Great! I'll be testing things for future releases just to make things progress easier, again, thank you for all the works so far! If i can help by any means, you could even teach me some basic stuffs! btw the download link is not working as i'm typing this.

Reactions: James Eveleth

Eraea

Jul 23, 2017
Great! I'll be testing things for future releases just to make things progress easier, again, thank you for all the works so far! If i can help by any means, you could even teach me some basic stuffs! btw the download link is not working as i'm typing this.
Huh. Seems to be on F95's side, I couldn't download it as well.
Weird, but here's a link as an alternative

Eraea

Jul 23, 2017
Fast note, if you're gonna apply Eraea's latest translation, you'll have to replay the game with a fresh save with his translation applied, previous save would crash the game during Haruuri.
Yeah that warning is inside the README file, if anybody even bothers to read it.
Anyways to explain this, the game saves almost everything it reads inside the .ain file along with your save data.
This makes the vanilla save files contain the unmodified variables and strings that are also used as text in the game's UI.
All the stuff is in engine and I can't do anything about that unless you don't want to understand what you are pressing...
The pact.afa archives are loaded independently whenever they are needed by the game though so modifying files in there don't affect your save files.

RayePappens

Jun 9, 2020
Yeah that warning is inside the README file, if anybody even bothers to read it.
Anyways to explain this, the game saves almost everything it reads inside the .ain file along with your save data.
This makes the vanilla save files contain the unmodified variables and strings that are also used as text in the game's UI.
All the stuff is in engine and I can't do anything about that unless you don't want to understand what you are pressing...
The pact.afa archives are loaded independently whenever they are needed by the game though so modifying files in there don't affect your save files.
All of the dialogue is in Japanese, is that normal? The menu options and whatnot are english though anyways game is fun thanks for the trans

Eraea

Jul 23, 2017
All of the dialogue is in Japanese, is that normal? The menu options and whatnot are english though anyways game is fun thanks for the trans
Yes, I haven't worked on the story except for the small part at the start which I used to test out UI adjustments for the dialogue windows.
Though you can use M14's MTL for now which is around page 16-17 if you're looking for translations storywise, as I'm more focused working on UI translation. Someone else has also offered to translate the story with a bit more effort than just plain MTL so we'll see how that goes too.

Dec 2, 2019
Here is
Finished the game ! Gotta say that if you wanna have a fun and challenging playthrough, quickly progress through the story until episode 22 because until then you'll be not very strong and will have to play strategically. In episode 22 the difficulty starts diminishing as the EXP gain increases by a huge margin, you'll get rank 5 weapons and unlock more powerful skills, the stat gains will scale very hard (% of total stats increase each level) and you'd eventually oneshot anything. There'll also be flat stat bonus items that will straight up add more stats to your characters. Here's an example of what i meant (via some Cheat Engine and left click spams)
This is with items that add flat stats to your hero.
1611995563471.png
This is what how they look like with just basic stats at lv99 1611995660922.png

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Here is
Finished the game ! Gotta say that if you wanna have a fun and challenging playthrough, quickly progress through the story until episode 22 because until then you'll be not very strong and will have to play strategically. In episode 22 the difficulty starts diminishing as the EXP gain increases by a huge margin, you'll get rank 5 weapons and unlock more powerful skills, the stat gains will scale very hard (% of total stats increase each level) and you'd eventually oneshot anything. There'll also be flat stat bonus items that will straight up add more stats to your characters. Here's an example of what i meant (via some Cheat Engine and left click spams)
This is with items that add flat stats to your hero.
View attachment 1010985
This is what how they look like with just basic stats at lv99 View attachment 1010986
Thanks for the tips! How was the MTL quality? Was everything understandable or did you catch yourself fast forwarding through the story due to nonsense and bad grammar?

orpi

Jul 31, 2017
dunno if im late i played this time ago without understand nothing and reallly enjoyed the game.
for th guy translating the UI dunno if you have the psd i think this font fits perfectly in the game.

6548208fe2ff1c7723bb062144788c99.jpg

The font name is .

what u guys thinks? pd picked the image from a youtube video.
and sorry i know it may be a bit late for asking for fonts.

Reactions: userstarwars54
Dec 2, 2019
Thanks for the tips! How was the MTL quality? Was everything understandable or did you catch yourself fast forwarding through the story due to nonsense and bad grammar?
I'd say i understand up to 90% of the gibberish from the MTL, mostly through listening to the whole voiceline and doing guesswork with my very small knowledge of Japanese ( gained mostly through watching weeb stuffs).

Reactions: James Eveleth

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
dunno if im late i played this time ago without understand nothing and reallly enjoyed the game.
for th guy translating the UI dunno if you have the psd i think this font fits perfectly in the game.

View attachment 1012086

The font name is .

I think that the font that is currently used in the game translation efforts fits it well and looks really nice. Thank you for bringing this up, though.

Reactions: assfilledwithgems

arkofseven

Jan 28, 2021
Hello! I'm kind of new to this and I can't seem to find the right one after backreading. Where can I find the patch for the game with a version of 1.00? I only had the patch for 1.01 so it doesn't work on mine after pasting the files on the root of the game directory. Thank you very much for the help!

Eraea

Jul 23, 2017

The font name is .

The game engine comes with it's own english character fonts specifically made for the game, so I'm sorry but I don't think we'll replace that.

Also all the talk about the fonts and stuff from the earliest pages were concerning menus that can be replaced via images, and I've had the trouble to make a font database ripping from the game itself just so the recent menus are using the same english character fonts from the game.

Here's a packed font file from the game, though it's just a really basic A-Z, 0-9, and some special characters since I didn't want to trouble myself with making a complete one when I made it.

On the other hand, I'm still playing the game going along without using CE so it might take sometime for me to update something new in the patch as I'm kinda stuck right now looking for materials to power up my weapon since goddamn story wont continue until I get to do so. If you notice something wrong, just post a screenshot of it and I'll look to fixing it.

I'm also waiting for any updates for the game as I heard there was a poll from alicesoft a while ago on the game, and from the guy that offered to clean up the story MTL so it wouldn't be hard to read.

Hello! I'm kind of new to this and I can't seem to find the right one after backreading. Where can I find the patch for the game with a version of 1.00? I only had the patch for 1.01 so it doesn't work on mine after pasting the files on the root of the game directory. Thank you very much for the help!
Hi there! this patch and copy everything on to the game's root directory.
If you're looking for the patch with english translation of the story, go to this thread's page 19 and download the MTL from M14's post.

Kanyeet

Oct 16, 2018
For anyone who can stand with the retardation of GG translate and want to play the game with google MTL, i've run the rest of Eraea's Translate ver0.40 (the story part that was not translated yet by Eraea after his semi translation) through Google Translation. Plz download Eraea's Translate 0.40 and then replace the dohnadohna.ain in there with this file. PS: it's MTL only ...
EDIT: Update along with Eraea's new releases.
Unable to download file, due to being trashed