Others Complete [Translation Request][Alicesoft] Dohna Dohna Isshou ni Warui Koto wo Shiyou

Surgy

Modder
Apr 23, 2018
if i use my files whit the original i have no problems evrything works as it should but when i use your Pact.afa and CG i get a error after error
You need to use his .ain too, if he used the additional .afa mod file, because the .ain should have a changed code section to allow mod file loading (using .jaf file) then.

Basically full translation is this:
  • Translated images with keeping their name.
  • Translated and renamed images whose EX file references was translated because game used them for both image retrieval and for text display (that goes for items it seems).
  • The first two are packed into a separate .afa with .ain code modified.
  • Translated EX and PACT strings that are used only for text display.
  • Translated EX and PACT strings that are used for text display and as reference: they need to be renamed in every EX file and in s[] fields of the .ain which is annoying AF but seems necessary for items and personalities.
  • Translated AIN file m[] messages, plain and simple but without any fancy unicode characters because building .ain back will break on those.
  • Translated AIN file references and strings in s[], only when necessary, like if it references translated id in EX file or if it used as a string to display in rare cases.
PS: To all who translates texts: can you please use the .csv translation format I provided earlier. If people will just modify .x and .txt dump files directly, or provide only compiled builds, it would be difficult to merge all those translations into one later or to re-apply the translations to a future updates.

To all who translates images: it would be nice if you also upload files in your editor format (.xcf for GIMP or .psd for Photoshop) in addition to .png so other people could typeset/experiment with positioning or change texts.

PM me if any of you want to apply the translation script .csv files, I posted earlier, to alice-tools dump format and have some questions regarding the tool, or if you want me to do it for you. Also the game_regexps.csv file describes for text, which is especially important for searching the translatable strings in .x files, if you find an undetected stuff its RegExp is missing/incorrect there, ping me if you find those, too.

Last edited:

Eraea

Jul 23, 2017
The file "mod.afa" is an additional CG archive that contains the new files required by the game to display tutorial images. Don't rename it to any dohnadohna archive or game will break. I'm still working on the pact afa file.
I'll upload an csv sheet of all translated/changed words later

Reactions: James Eveleth

Eraea

Jul 23, 2017
Version 0.22
-added Player status translate (Both small and big version)
-added the last missing item pictures
-Around 38% UI and buttons are translated with this version.
-comes with the modified pact.afa to fix some UI problems
-also put my name to differentiate from other versions (if someone wants to modify them further)

Install Instructions: Copy directly to your game's root folder (where your dohnadohna.exe is found)

Surgy I'm in the process of documenting the words I changed (Items, UI, Names, etc.) but it's gonna take a while to do all of them.

Cheers and have a wonderful Christmas!

RayePappens

Jun 9, 2020
I assume there's not a playable english version of this anywhere? Or at least bad translation thats semi playable lol.

Eraea

Jul 23, 2017
Eraea What version of the game is that for? 1.0 or 1.01?
I expect it would work on both. There are 4 files patched by the 1.01 update and I have modified all of them, which are all found in the 7zip file I uploaded.
I assume there's not a playable english version of this anywhere? Or at least bad translation thats semi playable lol.
There was one from a 4chan board that had translations for girl traits and items, but I have no news if they ever did more than what we're doing now.

Eraea

Jul 23, 2017
Hi guys, I got a small request.
If anyone figures out where it's base code(not the ex file I assume) and how this line "$1 conversation results|There was a small improvement" from the .ex file works, please let me know.
I could'nt figure out how dollar sign refers to a function as I couldn't find it in the .ain file dumps...
maybe it's inside the pact.afa file, I don't know, but it'll be great if we figured it out since it could fix some text errors (some out of place text) that I temporarily adjusted so it isn't that bad to see.

Eraea

Jul 23, 2017
is the op torrent 1.1?
It's fresh 1.00. The translation files are 1.01 that will also directly update your gameversion 1.01 so don't worry.

Sidenote, Surgy I've compiled the words I changed in a .xlsx file(if that's fine), it's around 75% of what I changed, but contains the complete stuff (Item names and Character names, along with the filename they are found in and their associated filetypes accordingly)

Shiro-Nyaa!!!

Jun 12, 2020
Hi guys, I got a small request.
If anyone figures out where it's base code(not the ex file I assume) and how this line "$1 conversation results|There was a small improvement" from the .ex file works, please let me know.
I could'nt figure out how dollar sign refers to a function as I couldn't find it in the .ain file dumps...
maybe it's inside the pact.afa file, I don't know, but it'll be great if we figured it out since it could fix some text errors (some out of place text) that I temporarily adjusted so it isn't that bad to see.
$1 stands for the name
$2 stands for item name or somthing just test it in some random line
The ex file i translated had a few of them whit 1 and 2 in the same lines so you can easily check it after in game

The 4chan guy just updated his patch , he translated main characters skills and others things, he included the source files

And Eraea you should also put the version.txt file to avoid confusion.
That makes me glad that I only translate a few skills yesterday

Once I filled those in I think I will be close to being finnsihed whit the file or maybe I can finnaly recheck my text and say I am done yes the motivation to finnish this is fairly low i am not enjoying this as mutch as the past games not gonna lie

Last edited:

Shiro-Nyaa!!!

Jun 12, 2020
whit this i am gonna drop the transalation you can say

my apologies but with the mindset i have right now its better if i just quit

here are the latest files i looked trough the files from 4chan and copied the spots i didnt have translated in the this file i also replace some part that wher better translated

if a person picks this up in the futer i left a extra file in ther for the parts that stil need to be replaced and so you already know what you still have to translate in the original file

fully untranslated part are marked whit //

the needs to beee translated and re-checked for any text falling out of the menus in game

good luck i hope you guys can make a great translation of the game ^^

and yes feel free to hate me and sorry for holding you back like this

assfilledwithgems

Apr 10, 2020

here are the latest files i looked trough the files from 4chan and copied the spots i didnt have translated in the this file i also replace some part that wher better translated

if a person picks this up in the futer i left a extra file in ther for the parts that stil need to be replaced and so you already know what you still have to translate in the original file

the needs to beee translated and re-checked for any text falling out of the menus in game

We appreciate the effort man!;)(y)

Reactions: paultheperve

Surgy

Modder
Apr 23, 2018
Anyone tried MTL'ing the entire story? Or putting demo translation in main game?
There is a full-text unedited MTL in my post earlier, but it needs too be cleaned of unencodable unicode characters, applied to the game text dump and rebuilt into the game file. In any case the translations nowhere near a play-ready state, you will definitely spoil your experience if you try now.

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018

While it's sad to see you go, I want to thank you for all the hard work you have put in this project. All the best wishes for the new year!

JohnHunk

Nov 6, 2018

Good bye. I was kinda afraid because of your grammar at first but it's sad to see one volunteer translator go. Happy New Year!