Others Complete [Translation Request][Alicesoft] Dohna Dohna Isshou ni Warui Koto wo Shiyou

Shimai777

May 29, 2020
this may be because I'm stupid and new to this, but after downloading the torrent, I tried to open the .exe but it only showed this message: "y AliceStart.ini z (then a bunch of gibberish)"

how do i fix this and get the game to start?

golfy2peace

Apr 18, 2019
Just wonder if anyonce has managed to combine erea's translation with the MTL one? When I tried to use both the dialogue is translated but some UI is broken (girl's status screen not displaying etc.

CapsUnlocker

Jul 15, 2017
Sorry for the late reply, i've been looking to clean and match ;s lines with ;m lines but they did not match, there are some ;s, i don't know if I did something wrong or what...

Anyway i extracted the dohnadohnaPact.afa files with alice-tools and translated the game buttons to see if they work but i have no idea of how to pack the files back to the .afa, maybe you or somepassingguy can help me with that.

I want to translate all the game UI left but first i want to know how to extract and pack things back
I dont know about the file format, but according to the of the tool:

Once you’ve created your manifest, run the pack command to create the archive,

alice ar pack manifest_filename

Dont know if it helps you.

CapsUnlocker

Jul 15, 2017
Thx but yeah i already tried and it gives me this error:

ERROR: can't determine size of file: Scene/00_Component/Common/Dialog/SceneInformationDialog.pactex
From what I can see of the source code, it looks like when you use the pack command, it looks through a list of files (which includes the "Scene/00_Component/Common/Dialog/SceneInformationDialog.pactex") in order to add up the size of the files. If it encounters a file which has a file_size <= 0, it returns that error.

I guess that you need a number of files in specific directories, which are then packed together to generate the .afa file?

Last edited:

CapsUnlocker

Jul 15, 2017
Yes, i'm using "alice ar list originalarchive.afa" to see the files list in the original and with that do the manifest file for the pack command.

When i extract the files from the original they are in the "Scene" directory and well organized, maybe i have to use the #BATCHPACK instead.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You could give it a try, doesn't do any harm. The Tool's website isnt clear on how to determine whether to use #BATCHPACK or #ALICEPACK.

golfy2peace

Apr 18, 2019
SUNCRIS1010 About combining eraea's translation and MTL, may I know how you did. I'm not able to get the screenshot right now but I'll try to describe the issues

What I did was extract eraea's translation first, then extract the MTL and overwrite eraea's file

The issues are
- Status bars' background image are not displaying, I just see the bar with no labels which bar is which (charm, technique etc.)(when try to use purely eraea's translation it works fine)
- Tutorial screen is not displayed at all

CapsUnlocker

Jul 15, 2017
I finally know how to pack the dohnadohnaPact.afa thx to the alice-tools author, and started to work in continue Eraea's translation.

A lot of things need checking, and i will gladly take any suggestion or changes to improve the translation.

Things left to translate:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The rest is ALL TRANSLATED.

I recommend starting a new game when applying the patch because some changes may not apply and u may encounter bugs otherwise, and like with any mod or patch make a backup of all before anything.
Glad to hear that you got it working.

I guess the machine translation is using Google's machine translation? Do you know about DeepL? I heard that DeepL's performance is better than Google's.

If you used Google's translation tool, did you input each line separately? Because I noticed that some sentences are spread out between multiple lines. So depending on what machine learning model the Google translator uses, providing the whole sentence may improve the translation accuracy.

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
Seems like an interesting game, will wait for the things left to translate to be done then will play it.