Wolf RPG None [Translation Request] cosplayers quest [dyupariyahonnpobekkan]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

gfurst

Nov 6, 2019
My Japanese is rusty and wolf RPG editing even rustier, but I'll try working on a translation. This game is hella long text wise. Probably would take months but the spirit of human perseverance guides me. I'll probably post a patch for the menus and items in the near future.
Honestly I would not, dev mentioned they were already working on making a official translation, tho not much detail was given as to who or when it could be done. If you didn't diving into the wolfrpg editor, I recommend looking up something that can just copy dialog to clipboard so anyone can you use their external translation tool. I'm not sure how it works if it was a script or something specific, but I saw another wolf game that had that feature built-in. A partial UI translation would also be good enough.

Bruhmo

Jul 3, 2020
Honestly I would not, dev mentioned they were already working on making a official translation, tho not much detail was given as to who or when it could be done. If you didn't diving into the wolfrpg editor, I recommend looking up something that can just copy dialog to clipboard so anyone can you use their external translation tool. I'm not sure how it works if it was a script or something specific, but I saw another wolf game that had that feature built-in. A partial UI translation would also be good enough.
You can use MTool for that. I'm currently trying to do a more understandable and readable translation for most of the menus because A. They're the most complicated ones due to spaghetti code, B. MTool will simply translate these without context which will not make it understandable at all. and C. The fonts used will make some text unreadable because they make em too big for english characters, unless you change the properties. Here's an example of what I've been working on.
1690658932642.png

Estka

Dec 16, 2019
I don't want to use Mtool, I want to have the text copied to clipboard so I can translate it myself.
Best options then are the archaic agth or Textractor. IMO textractor is the better option, since you can use it to manually look for hooks to pull the text out of.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes