Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
whenever you said "picture-based-text" and there is me~~ :illuminati:
here you go again,

i found only a few picture that contained txt
Woah... how did you even do that?
I wouldn't even know how to decrypt/encrypt the pictures in MZ.
In any case, Good Job!

Edit: Found a way. Didn't know Petschko added MZ support to his stuff. I was still using a super old MV-only version.

Last edited:
Reactions: backtrow

backtrow

Dec 24, 2020
Woah... how did you even do that?
I wouldn't even know how to decrypt/encrypt the pictures in MZ.
In any case, Good Job!

Edit: Found a way. Didn't know Petschko added MZ support to his stuff. I was still using a super old MV-only version.
yes, that was the website he made i used

Reactions: Shisaye

seraphiel722

Jul 5, 2017
Bold move to already request a game thread when I clearly wrote that I ddin't even test it for more than 5 minutes yet.
Welp let's hope for the best. :KEK:
It should be fine if i'm basing it on the previous mtl's stability on the older version (but hey more playtesters... right? :WeSmart:). But if you're getting shy, feel free to tell me to take down the request.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
That is a typical locale error and not an issue with the translation.

This usually means that your system cannot read Japanese characters and thus fails to read the file or the file had its name broken during extraction because of the same issue.

The game needs to be extracted and launched with the Japanese(Japan) locale.
There's multiple methods/programs to do that but personally I just use the option already shipped with windows.

To use that method go to "Control panel" -> "Region and Language" in windows 7 / "Region" in windows 10-> "Administrative" -> "Change System Locale" and switch it to "Japanese (Japan)".
This will require a restart.

Afterwards download and extract the game again and the error should be gone.
(Unless your download source is already broken. I only provide the translation.)

Reactions: BaasB

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018
i got it working, downloaded another 1.06 applied the MTL patch works like a purring kitten

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I found some status messages that probably need translations, but they have a weird repeating formatting and there's a lot of them.

My current approach is manually editing them one by one in this way:

{"message":"\\n[\\v[84]]got lost when I escaped.","icon":""}]},{"code":657,"indent":1,"parameters":["\u30e1\u30c3\u30bb\u30fc\u30b8 = \\n[\\v[84]]got lost when I escaped."]},

No idea if this will work, but it's worth a try.

Reactions: seraphiel722

backtrow

Dec 24, 2020
Edited 1:
I found the line that you said that have many unknown weird format its in
1637081910671.png

Edited 2:
It's a custom plugin that author used, in game it looks like a dark long bar that appear and disappear in the bottom of the game screen,
just to notify you what gain what lost, something like that.
1637082055644.png

Edited 3: it looks weird having so many unknown symbol or format, it might be cause they are custom plugins, which wasn't supposed to be the base game.

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Successfully translated the UI top right:
ui.jpg
I'm still missing some status messages, but I'm confident now that I can get rid of all remaining moonrunes.

Reactions: seraphiel722

seraphiel722

Jul 5, 2017

seraphiel722

Jul 5, 2017
I've finished the game and used DMTL2.2. Haven't encountered any bugs and mostly everything translated (not sure if it's because of my save that's why the text on the lower left still has some untranslated text [usually it related to raped villagers] but everything relevant seems to be translated).

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I've finished the game and used DMTL2.2. Haven't encountered any bugs and mostly everything translated (not sure if it's because of my save that's why the text on the lower left still has some untranslated text [usually it related to raped villagers] but everything relevant seems to be translated).
Ah darn so I missed some after all. :(
I'll look into it, but that's really it then? Just some status messages about villagers being raped? Everything else is fine?
I don't want to annoy BaasB by constantly asking for the game thread to be updated.

Edit:
I found and translated some stuff but it was all like:
"Julia has been hit by the tail of a monster!"
I didn't find any untranslated rape stuff yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: backtrow

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Added the "was hit by monster tail" messages in DMTL2.3 now, but I really can't find any rape ones. :confused: