Others WIP [Translation Request] Haku Nyu Mu [Eden Island]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

JustXuX

Modder
Jr. Uploader
Jan 13, 2020
Is there anything in particular you want me to look out for when I play this demo?
If you spot anything wrong or disturbing, then tell me.
Initially I made this demo to showcase what the game might look like, to set a minimum of expectations.
I'm done with testing, and now I know the flow of the game.
But it's not final, so if you have any suggestions, you're welcome to share.

Assman4Life

Sep 9, 2020
Initially I made this demo to showcase what the game might look like, to set a minimum of expectations.
Sure. I'll play it tonight and tell you what I think

Nemesis287

Jan 12, 2021
Well, i played it and i'm wondering how you're going to translate the buttons you click between scenes, are they gonna be implemented or not. Also, i was hoping a little demo with some "fun" scenes to showcase sound editing.

KorsaroKhan

May 12, 2018
250 mb for such a small portion is quite telling. I wonder how big will be final game. Also I gotta say it's quite distracting how the scenes at the start loop when you don't press anything. If it can be done maybe they should go automatically in this intro at least. But it's your call.

JustXuX

Modder
Jr. Uploader
Jan 13, 2020
Well, i played it and i'm wondering how you're going to translate the buttons you click between scenes, are they gonna be implemented or not. Also, i was hoping a little demo with some "fun" scenes to showcase sound editing.
Buttons will be implemented, there are some sound effects that weren't present in original, the final game will have female voice and timed fucking sfx.

JustXuX

Modder
Jr. Uploader
Jan 13, 2020
250 mb for such a small portion is quite telling. I wonder how big will be final game.
With the final release of the game, I'll try to compress as much as I can everything, without visible quality loss.
Also I gotta say it's quite distracting how the scenes at the start loop when you don't press anything. If it can be done maybe they should go automatically in this intro at least. But it's your call.
I could do that, but like in the original game, you wouldn't have time to look at the scene and the text at the same time. I did that, because I wanted the player, to take his time. In the original the transition between scenes were so fast I couldn't even read the whole text. If you encountered the loops, then it means the animation time already passed :) , now answer me could you read comfortably the text before it began to loop?

Assman4Life

Sep 9, 2020
NOTE: I'll be referring to the original flash version of the game as "OG"

So I played the demo with headphones first, then the Demo AND the OG at the same time up until the demo ends, and here's:

What I noticed
1) The full screen option ratio doesn't completely cover the screen (added the image below). The OG wasn't completely full screen either so it probably has something to do with that. I don't know how aspect ratios work or if it's possible to make the game truly full screen, but it's something that caught my eye

2) Scenes will loop if the player doesn't touch anything. When the animation does loop, there is a small flash of black before the loop happens. Personally, I don't mind the looping animations in the intro but if you can do something about the flash of black that would be awesome.

3) The "About/Bonus" and "Tutorial2" images (which I've added below for reference) aren't present in the demo. The tutorial1 image is no longer relevant since this game is no longer using flash. However, the "About/Bonus" (because it's cool) and "Tutorial2" (because it shows the player how to play the game) images should definitely be in the final game.

4) There is no gallery. I know, I know: "There are no scenes so why would there be a gallery, Assman4life?" However, most of the games I've played have a gallery button regardless if the player unlocked scenes or not. It just takes them to a scene selection with unlocked scenes being viewable and locked scenes having a question mark. In the OG, you select scenes by clicking a butterfly. I wonder, how will you implement the replay feature in the final game?

5) After I finished the Demo, I went through the entire thing holding control (skipping) just to see if the game would break. It didn't :)

6) Quick save/load, hiding the text box with H key and loading a save in the middle of playing works too :)

6) There is slight delay transitioning between scenes. This is most likely due to porting from flash to RenPy

What I liked
Sound: The sound editing is superb. Gri's footsteps, the traffic, the heartbeat and opening music we're all top notch! Everything sounds clearer and more refined than in the OG. I like how the opening music repeats in your demo instead of it playing just once like in the OG

Visuals: This game in HD is FIRE. The shading is wonderful and Gri looks fantastic. Her red lips (attached as an image) are especially breathtaking now that they're in HD. The other things (buildings, street, MC's room) look improved too. Nothing looks "out of place" as if the only thing that looks good is Gri while the everything else is still the same as the OG.

In summation
Since the demo is so short, there's not too much for me to add. I thoroughly enjoyed it, though. Even if it there was no sex. It got me hype for the finished product! If you need clarification on any of the things I said or want to provide me with information in regards to the things I mentioned. feel free to do so and don't be afraid to go into detail. As I like to say "If you're not willing to read walls of text, then you shouldn't write them either".

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
HakuDEMO_Not_Fullscreen.JPG HakuDEMO_Missing_About_Image.JPG HakuDEMO_Missing_Tutorial2_Image.JPG HakuDEMO_Missing_Replay.JPG haku_beautiful.JPG

• Hey there
Reactions: JustXuX

Assman4Life

Sep 9, 2020
Buttons will be implemented, there are some sound effects that weren't present in original, the final game will have female voice and timed fucking sfx.
For Gri's voice sfx, I hope you'll go with something deep and sexy. A woman of her size shouldn't sound like a typically anime girl

Assman4Life

Sep 9, 2020
With the final release of the game, I'll try to compress as much as I can everything, without visible quality loss.

I could do that, but like in the original game, you wouldn't have time to look at the scene and the text at the same time. I did that, because I wanted the player, to take his time. In the original the transition between scenes were so fast I couldn't even read the whole text. If you encountered the loops, then it means the animation time already passed :) , now answer me could you read comfortably the text before it began to loop?
Like I mentioned in the review. I enjoy the loops. I thought "oh cool, I can read the text and not worry about the game moving faster than I could read". It was a nice touch. I don't know about other people, but I KNOW I couldn't read all the text before the loop. And even if I could, I'd still want to watch Gri walk for 5 (or 50) minutes before continuing.

Sorry, I know this wasn't directed at me but I just had to throw in that Gri walking joke and this was the perfect setup. Though I really wouldn't mind watch Gri walk for 50 minutes.

KorsaroKhan

May 12, 2018

I was able to, but yeah I wouldn't be able to look at the scene fully. But don't worry about it. It just felt kind of awkward to me. It probably will be better for others and I will get used to it. And it's still a really nice animation. Thanks for what you're doing.

JustXuX

Modder
Jr. Uploader
Jan 13, 2020
I was able to, but yeah I wouldn't be able to look at the scene fully. But don't worry about it. It just felt kind of awkward to me. It probably will be better for others and I will get used to it. And it's still a really nice animation. Thanks for what you're doing.
The weird quirks of this game such as, aspect ratio and loops are the result of porting an old game with initially strange aspect ratio, if I change the aspect ratio then it means I should draw some details myself, I'm not an artist, but I could look into some AI drawing utility that maybe could finish the drawings and I could change aspect ratio.
As for loops, I'm not sure, the only thing I could do is extend the background images three folds and force a scene change at the end of animations.
Thanks for feedback.

Last edited:

JustXuX

Modder
Jr. Uploader
Jan 13, 2020
1) The full screen option ratio doesn't completely cover the screen (added the image below). The OG wasn't completely full screen either so it probably has something to do with that. I don't know how aspect ratios work or if it's possible to make the game truly full screen, but it's something that caught my eye
If I change the aspect ratio then it means I should draw some details myself, I'm not an artist, but I could look into some AI drawing utility that maybe could finish the drawings and I could change aspect ratio.

2) Scenes will loop if the player doesn't touch anything. When the animation does loop, there is a small flash of black before the loop happens. Personally, I don't mind the looping animations in the intro but if you can do something about the flash of black that would be awesome.
The original images weren't suppose to loop and animations are pretty short too, so you see blinking images because of that.
I could extend the background images three folds and force a scene change at the end of animations. That will make it smoother.

3) The "About/Bonus" and "Tutorial2" images (which I've added below for reference) aren't present in the demo. The tutorial1 image is no longer relevant since this game is no longer using flash. However, the "About/Bonus" (because it's cool) and "Tutorial2" (because it shows the player how to play the game) images should definitely be in the final game.
The game will be so easy to understand and play that it wouldn't need any tutorial. About section of the game I replaced with the first image when you start the game, there's info about the heroine and a sexier photo than in the original. Bonus scenes will be included as part of the game, I'll name every part of the game Daydream 1,2,3 and such.

4) There is no gallery. I know, I know: "There are no scenes so why would there be a gallery, Assman4life?" However, most of the games I've played have a gallery button regardless if the player unlocked scenes or not. It just takes them to a scene selection with unlocked scenes being viewable and locked scenes having a question mark. In the OG, you select scenes by clicking a butterfly. I wonder, how will you implement the replay feature in the final game?
The gallery will be implemented later.

5) After I finished the Demo, I went through the entire thing holding control (skipping) just to see if the game would break. It didn't :)
I'm glad it didn't.

6) Quick save/load, hiding the text box with H key and loading a save in the middle of playing works too :)
Nice.

7) There is slight delay transitioning between scenes. This is most likely due to porting from flash to RenPy
The delay is due to RenPy limitations, RenPy prepares all the images for animation sequence. Can't do anything about it.

I even tested the Android version and it worked, although some tweaking needs to be done. But that's a bonus and later then the PC version. Thanks for feedback.

KorsaroKhan

May 12, 2018
The weird quirks of this game such as, aspect ratio and loops are the result of porting an old game with initially strange aspect ratio, if I change the aspect ratio then it means I should draw some details myself, I'm not an artist, but I could look into some AI drawing utility that maybe could finish the drawings and I could change aspect ratio.
As for loops, I'm not sure, the only thing I could do is extend the background images three folds and force a scene change at the end of animations.
Thanks for feedback.
To me you can leave it if you want to. I just want to see this game and I don't want to wait like a year for it (I know, I'm impatient).

JustXuX

Modder
Jr. Uploader
Jan 13, 2020
To me you can leave it if you want to. I just want to see this game and I don't want to wait like a year for it (I know, I'm impatient).
If it will take too much time, I will not bother.

Assman4Life

Sep 9, 2020
If it will take too much time, I will not bother.
I'd rather we have a finished product that's a bit rough around the edges (loops and full screen not quite right) Than for you to decide to drop this project because of too much time being taken on those tasks. I appreciate you trying to address the things we're saying - and if you can fix it, cool - but pleeeease don't drop this project because our nagging about the small stuff.

With that said. Take the time you need to prepare this in the best way you see fit. Since you're doing this for free in your own time, no one can really rush you. Experience has taught me that it's better to deal with a delay if it means a more polished game instead of rushing the devs (*cough* *cough* Cyberpunk *cough*)

Last edited:

JustXuX

Modder
Jr. Uploader
Jan 13, 2020
I'd rather we have a finished product that's a bit rough around the edges (loops and full screen not quite right) Than for you to decide to drop this project because of too much time being taken on minor tasks. I appreciate you trying to address the things we're saying - and if you can fix it, cool - but pleeeease don't drop this project because our nagging about the small stuff.

With that said. Take the time you need to prepare this in the best way you see fit. Since you're doing this for free in your own time, no one can really rush you. Experience has taught me that it's better to deal with a delay if it means a more polished game instead of rushing the devs (*cough* *cough* Cyberpunk *cough*)
I'll see it to the end, I'm not gonna leave after I invested my time into this :). Before this demo I thought about solving aspect ratio but it was hard to do, because I couldn't understand the flow of the game. But know that I have a basic idea of what the final would look like, I at least could try making it more pleasurable.
So, next time, I'll post a new demo, luckily with the new resolution and loops, I wanted those things too, but I was more concentrated on the code,engine stuff and how the game would look like in it's final stages. Later.

KorsaroKhan

May 12, 2018
I'll see it to the end, I'm not gonna leave after I invested my time into this :). Before this demo I thought about solving aspect ratio but it was hard to do, because I couldn't understand the flow of the game. But know that I have a basic idea of what the final would look like, I at least could try making it more pleasurable.
So, next time, I'll post a new demo, luckily with the new resolution and loops, I wanted those things too, but I was more concentrated on the code,engine stuff and how the game would look like in it's final stages. Later.
Do you have an idea how long it will take? No pressure. I'm just asking to make the wait less painful.

JustXuX

Modder
Jr. Uploader
Jan 13, 2020
Here's the second demo, there will almost be no changes in the prologue, aside from the last bonus scene. Enjoy:

I should finish the game in about 4 to 6 months.
Short description:
Now the game has 16:9 ratio. The blinking loops are gone, I added more background (enough to view the scene and read text), but if you stay too long the backgrounds will stop and the only loop will be the heroine.
The only problem now is the rest of the images that have this strange aspect ratio, and I need either to crop (I crop, only what's unimportant) or add to the image. In most cases I'll just crop, but if there will be a case that requires adding details to the image than I'll had to do it :( .

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote