Others WIP [Translation Request] Haku Nyu Mu [Eden Island]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

KorsaroKhan

May 12, 2018
Here's the second demo, there will almost be no changes, aside from the last bonus scene. Enjoy:

I should finish the game in about 4 to 6 months.
Oh. Assman4Life Can we please get Volume 4 and 5 of GG Quatre please? No need for translated versions, normal ones will do. But Seriously good luck man and I hope you will not lose your drive on the way. But please at least those 2 volumes to make the wait less painful.

Assman4Life

Sep 9, 2020
Here's the second demo, there will almost be no changes in the prologue, aside from the last bonus scene. Enjoy:

I should finish the game in about 4 to 6 months.
Short description:
Now the game has 16:9 ratio. The blinking loops are gone, I added more background (enough to view the scene and read text), but if you stay too long the backgrounds will stop and the only loop will be the heroine.
The only problem now is the rest of the images that have this strange aspect ratio, and I need either to crop (I crop, only what's unimportant) or add to the image. In most cases I'll just crop, but if there will be a case that requires adding details to the image than I'll had to do it :( .
4 to 6 months, eh? That's longer than what I expected. My guess would be that it would take 3 months max. Then I remembered that you're not just porting the game from flash to RenPy, you're rebuilding it from the ground up! Making everything in HD, adding the 16:9 ratio, editing scenes to account for the looping animations, adding a voice to Gri to up the immersion factor, all of these things are more than I (or anyone in this thread) could've hoped for.

At first, I feared that this game would be lost to the void because it was so old and made with a dead technology but because of you, all of us can enjoy it the way it was meant to be enjoyed. I'm glad that you have the MOTIVATION to resurrect this masterpiece. If it takes 4-6 months, cool. It'll be worth the wait.

Do drop by from time to time, not just for updates but to say hi and chat. I don't wanna think you fell of the face of the earth for 4-6 months and just come back one day to tell us your done. I figure if we're gonna wait, we (all of us in this thread) may as well talk to each other.

Don't worry about being hounded, either. The most I'll ever ask for an update is once a month. I don't mean a playable demo, just a general progress update

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

JustXuX

Modder
Jr. Uploader
Jan 13, 2020
4 to 6 months, eh? That's longer than what I expected. My guess would be that it would take 3 months max. Then I remembered that you're not just porting the game from flash to RenPy, you're rebuilding it from the ground up! Making everything in HD, adding the 16:9 ratio, editing scenes to account for the looping animations, adding a voice to Gri to up the immersion factor, all of these things are more than I (or anyone in this thread) could've hoped for.

At first, I feared that this game would be lost to the void because it was so old and made with a dead technology but because of you, all of us can enjoy it the way it was meant to be enjoyed. I'm glad that you have the MOTIVATION to resurrect this masterpiece. If it takes 4-6 months, cool. It'll be worth the wait.

Do drop by from time to time, not just for updates but to say hi and chat. I don't wanna think you fell of the face of the earth for 4-6 months and just come back one day to tell us your done. I figure if we're gonna wait, we (all of us in this thread) may as well talk to each other.

Don't worry about being hounded, either. The most I'll ever ask for an update is once a month. I don't mean a playable demo, just a general progress update
I'm not gonna disappear. Like in my other project I'm currently translating, I'm doing frequent update posts, to maintain the hype and discuss stuff.
About the estimate, it's a rough one. Now, my side schedule is like this: 2 days for this project and other 2 days for another project, as this project is more engaging and interesting, I want to do 3:1 ratio. So the estimates would probably change.
I too want to see this done faster, but only if it doesn't compromise the quality.
Also, I'll make some polls, so that we can vote for Gri's voice and maybe other things that are subjective.
Later, amigos.

JustXuX

Modder
Jr. Uploader
Jan 13, 2020
Daamn, the original images are so crappy, I have to reduce specific noise in the image. They appear as black stripes in the image below.
With stripes
with stripes.png

Almost Without stripes
without stripes.png

Actually, most of the time of porting , takes processing and editing images. :) There are now 3 stages of image processing: upscaling, color adjusting, noise reduction.

Last edited:

KorsaroKhan

May 12, 2018
Daamn, the original images are so crappy, I have to reduce specific noise in the image. They appear as black stripes in the image below.
With stripes
View attachment 1021916

Almost Without stripes
View attachment 1021917

Actually, most of the time of porting , takes processing and editing images. :) There are now 3 stages of image processing: upscaling, color adjusting, noise reduction.
Ever since I get to know that it may take even 6 months these updates bring a bit of pain into my heart.

JustXuX

Modder
Jr. Uploader
Jan 13, 2020
Ever since I get to know that it may take even 6 months these updates bring a bit of pain into my heart.
Yep, I wish it was easier, but I need to work with what I have. it's not so bad actually, not all images have this kind of artifacts. Now I'm looking into how to make the transition between scenes smoother. This one will be the hardest.

jajjajjajaa

Aug 6, 2019
Yep, I wish it was easier, but I need to work with what I have. it's not so bad actually, not all images have this kind of artifacts. Now I'm looking into how to make the transition between scenes smoother. This one will be the hardest.
do you mind just giving us the untranslated version but converted to renpy

Assman4Life

Sep 9, 2020
Oh. Assman4Life Can we please get Volume 4 and 5 of GG Quatre please? No need for translated versions, normal ones will do. But Seriously good luck man and I hope you will not lose your drive on the way. But please at least those 2 volumes to make the wait less painful.
Patience comrade. I've got a surprise this whole thread will enjoy. I'll drop it mid-late March.

JustXuX

Modder
Jr. Uploader
Jan 13, 2020
do you mind just giving us the untranslated version but converted to renpy
Do you mind giving me 150$?
Or you could do it yourself:
1) Here's the tool to extract the sources from the flash game:
2) Here's the link for the RenPy engine:
3) And use Google translate in combination with Google Keep to transfer japanese text from the flash window to text.
4) Good luck.

Last edited:

JustXuX

Modder
Jr. Uploader
Jan 13, 2020
Rejoice, guys, I finally figured out how to make animations and transitions smoother, I optimized the code, got rid of sound clipping. It means the hardest part is done, now it's basically, image processing, scripting, audio production and translation :).
Now I could definitely say, that the porting will take no more than 3 months from now, if no issues arise.

vladimir95

Feb 5, 2021
Rejoice, guys, I finally figured out how to make animations and transitions smoother, I optimized the code, got rid of sound clipping. It means the hardest part is done, now it's basically, image processing, scripting, audio production and translation :).
Now I could definitely say, that the porting will take no more than 3 months from now, if no issues arise.
Good to hear ^^

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote