Others Partial [Translation Request] Mission Mermaiden ~Hasumi and the Deep Sea Sisters~ (hakkaku)

Mand21

Nov 25, 2020
Not sure if it will work but have you tried extracting the game with Japanese encoding? Cause maybe the images titles of the PG aren't getting out right, so open the rar file and go to option > file name encoding > Japanese shift-JIS

And run the game with AppLocale or set your sistem locale to Japanese, these two things along with having the RPG Maker rtp for every version installed always solved all my problems
HEY! I tried that, and it still doesn't work!
But why do I have to set my system locale to Japanese?

1615227725255.png
This is what the folder looks like, btw... it's probably something to do with the files being extracted with fucked up names. How do I change that? I already tried extracting the game with Japanese shift JIS.

trocolloo

Jul 18, 2018
HEY! I tried that, and it still doesn't work!
But why do I have to set my system locale to Japanese?

View attachment 1074026
This is what the folder looks like, btw... it's probably something to do with the files being extracted with fucked up names. How do I change that? I already tried extracting the game with Japanese shift JIS.
Can you share the link you're using? Cause I just tried the game from the post right above yours and it works with default extraction and without applocale
But in general if the name is fucked up there's a problem with the extraction, if you extracted with shift JIS then maybe the file was corrupted from the start

Aug 22, 2018
Fun fact, that folder isn't actually *necessary* for the game to run. It just contains the "manual" for how to set up controls if you want to change them (or use an XBOX controller). The game runs just fine with the ducked up folder, none of the actual game files have Japanese names.

Aug 22, 2018
Last edited:

Raijin793

Oct 5, 2020
Um, hey... I just downloaded the game, patched with translation, and have a bug in it... my character won't render. I just started it and I cannot see the MC nor any of her enemies. What do I do to make them, you know, simply appear so the game becomes playable?
Hi, I'm having the same problem as this guy. Was it fixed? I've tried name encoding, AppLocale, and System Locale. Yet still the same.

Aug 22, 2018
Hi, I'm having the same problem as this guy. Was it fixed? I've tried name encoding, AppLocale, and System Locale. Yet still the same.
None of this game's actual game files have Japanese filenames, so we can semi-safely discard that solution. From my knowledge, while the translation patch can cause issues if it's mis-configured, it doesn't just make everything vanish.

Given that this is a Unity game (and thus pretty much self-contained dependency wise), what we're left with is either a borked download or a graphics-driver issue. Try re-downloading the game, ideally from the "completed" thread. If that didn't work, check your graphics drivers.

Reactions: Raijin793

Mr Nothing

Aug 25, 2021
Hey there, I really enjoyed this game and I'm trying to translate it to my language (french), but the letters with accents won't appear in-game (é, è, â, etc...), do you know how to fix this issue or should I just translate it without these letters ?

Reactions: colorlessblue