Others Partial [Translation Request] Mission Mermaiden ~Hasumi and the Deep Sea Sisters~ (hakkaku)

Mand21

Nov 25, 2020
Um, hey... I just downloaded the game, patched with translation, and have a bug in it... my character won't render. I just started it and I cannot see the MC nor any of her enemies. What do I do to make them, you know, simply appear so the game becomes playable?

Nov 4, 2018
I sometimes have issues with the character's sprite disappearing sometimes, and have to exit the stage to fix it. But I've never experienced the sprite not appearing at all from the start of the game.

Mand21

Nov 25, 2020
So, I fully deleted the game's folder, then extracted it again from the zip. What exactly am I supposed to do to get this to work? Even without translation, it STILL doesn't render the sprites in...

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
So, I fully deleted the game's folder, then extracted it again from the zip. What exactly am I supposed to do to get this to work? Even without translation, it STILL doesn't render the sprites in...
That's really weird. Never heard of that problem before. Is this the only computer you have access to?

trocolloo

Jul 18, 2018
Most definitely, yes.
Not sure if it will work but have you tried extracting the game with Japanese encoding? Cause maybe the images titles of the PG aren't getting out right, so open the rar file and go to option > file name encoding > Japanese shift-JIS

And run the game with AppLocale or set your sistem locale to Japanese, these two things along with having the RPG Maker rtp for every version installed always solved all my problems

Reactions: Mand21

trocolloo

Jul 18, 2018
Is this game even from RPG Maker, tho? I'll try your tips one by one and gradually stack them on top of each other, though.
Lol true, don't mind the last thing then XD, instead as last tip you can try running it in compatibility mode, this helped me solve problem with a non-RPG maker game which wasn't showing some backgrounds, basically just right click on the game > run compatibility troubleshooter > let it do the thing > if it works confirm to keep the changes

Mand21

Nov 25, 2020
1607282386021.png
Btw, there are definitely errors in how the names are being extracted, since there are folders and files with names that look like this... I'm assuming this should be a bunch of kanji and kana, right?

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
You need to install Japanese language encoding into windows.

Aug 22, 2018
Final Update:

Because I was basically there anyway and there's been no news on the supposed official translation in a while (at least from what I know - Google Translate isn't exactly helpful in trying to comprehend the dev's blog), I decided to release one last update to my fan-translation file with the last few missing bits I could find - which is the non-100% ending, a few lines of the credits, and the single line of dialog that happens when you talk to Minegishi with a lot of status effects. As always, put it in the game folder under AutoTranslator/Translation/en/Text if you're using the translation patch linked on an earlier page.

If you're newly installing the translation patch (or a returning customer who's running into bugs), friendly reminder that you need to change one option in the AutoTranslator config.ini file after installing to prevent a few bugs. The "TextGetterCompatibilityMode" setting needs to be True instead of False, otherwise the shop won't work and status effect descriptions won't appear.

The last few hurdles would be any text that features changing numbers (achievement hints and not-enough-money dialog), which I still can't figure out how to make AutoTranslator ignore the numbers in and I refuse to copy-paste it for every imaginable number.

I'm not going so far as to repack the game, because I still feel like I want the dev to do a proper, non-hack-job translation and offering the game plus fan-translation here for free might get in the way of that.

hey can someone help me out here the game wont give me items I try to buy
See above. This is the exact shop bug that's caused by the wrong TextGetterCompatibilityMode setting.

Last edited: