RPGM [Translation Request] Obscurite Magie ~ Corrupt Town of Luedidalia [Instant Flowlighter]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Jan 2, 2020
Hey y'all. Rather than respond to each one of you and try to diagnose your problems, some lovely soul has uploaded the game and my translation patch to this website, so you can go grab it if you still can't figure out how to apply the patch yourselves.
Not all heroes wear capes

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Nice! I'm sure it's better (and far more accurate) than my version.
Since this is the official translation, however, my own edits and added features will probably be lost.
Before bothering translating next time, you may want to check upcoming releases of Kagura first:

This way you will be less likely to waste your time. :giggle: :coffee:

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
Before bothering translating next time, you may want to check upcoming releases of Kagura first:

Well, they keep adding to their list ya know. So you can never really know if any project will receive any kind of official localization.
As evidenced by the recent unexpected announcement that Shiravune'd be doing Dohna. People've been messing around with that one here for a while now and of course they couldn't have known it'd get a corporate localization ya know.

There have been others too of course. Some Clymenia games got their day in the EN sun way before Kagura got their hands on it for example. Serafina, still in Kagura's list, but already available around here for a while now.
I opted not to play Serafina when I found out Kagura was doing it, but the Clymenia 'Robots 2' game ... I'd already gone through it before, so I skipped Kagura's version. It happens. :sneaky:

It's just a fact of life that we don't have a crystal ball. :p

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
It's just a fact of life that we don't have a crystal ball.
Yes well, that's why i said "less likely." :WeSmart:
Personally, i find MTL disgusting so i never play MTL'd games.
As for something slightly better than MTL... well, generally pass on those as well.
They often end up being barely better than MTL anyway. Better wait for quality translation by Kagura, takes time sure but to me it ain't a big problem, i am patient, and we got other games too.

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017

Nah, I actually started my translation first lol, long before Kagura (I think I mentioned it either in the beginning of this thread, or in this game's translation request thread). I was nearly done when Kagura announced they'd be translating this one and I figured I might as well complete my own, given they take forever to finish (and they've also got a huge backlog of stuff). Sure enough, I think this one took them a year or so, so most folks just used my translation until now.

And yes, as Goku said, there's no way of knowing which game they'll pick up until they announce it. So it's either I risk translating the few out of literally thousands upon thousands of H-games that Kagura MIGHT translate, or I stop altogether.

Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
And yes, as Goku said, there's no way of knowing which game they'll pick up until they announce it. So it's either I risk translating the few out of literally thousands upon thousands of H-games that Kagura MIGHT translate, or I stop altogether.
Well, that is something you decide i guess.
I just figured it may be useful to keep an eye on Kagura's upcoming section. :)
And who knows, perhaps you'll be as good as Kagura one day, all this translating is also practice after all.
If one is to view it like this then the effort you've put into your translations is never a waste.

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Well, that is something you decide i guess.
I just figured it may be useful to keep an eye on Kagura's upcoming section. :)
And who knows, perhaps you'll be as good as Kagura one day, all this translating is also practice after all.
If one is to view it like this then the effort you've put into your translations is never a waste.
Fair enough. And yeah, I check out Kagura's upcoming section from time to time. It's a bit difficult to manage figuring out exactly WHO is working on translations though - F95 has a board, ULMF has a board, and official translations/teams like Kagura are also translating, and that's not even including folks who don't post what they're translating until they're done (such as myself), or folks who begin a translation and just abandon it. So even if I finally pick out a game I'd like to translate, it gets so muddy regarding logistics and jurisdiction, in a sense, that I don't bother.

As for practice, not to toot my own horn, but I feel I'm established enough - given I've translated over a dozen games - that while practice is always good, I think I know what I'm doing. I'm also not a native Japanese speaker, I'm not part of a team like Kagura, and I'm also not for profit. Thus, my translations will likely never be as good as actual localizations. And speaking of practice, I'm probably going to be "retiring" soon in a sense, so I may not need it, haha.

Anyway, I digress. I'm happy this game is officially translated and I hope others enjoy the game regardless of whether they use my translation or Kagura's.

Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler
3.00 star(s) 1 Vote