RPGM [Translation Request] Re-Public of Baldrheimr [H.H Works]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

mlkey

Oct 4, 2018
Looks? Well, yes.
Is it really? I don't think so.

Take a look into 'www/img/pictures' directory. Use any RPG Maker MV decoder to turn "encrypted" images into a regular PNGs.
There are huge amount of them at first glance, but it's mostly duplicates. Animation and color variation were done in the worst way possible - every animation frame and every color variant is a separate image. This causes very noticeable lag when loading thousands of pictures in memory and decoding them.
Though game size is huge, there is not much in terms of interesting content. I was disappointed after glancing through those pictures.

Finally, this game was scripted in a very dubious way, translating it from Japanese to other languages must be done extremely carefully - the code is very fragile and much of the changes need to be checked manually. The dev does not seem to have implied the possibility of translation even theoretically. However, in one of their blog posts on Ci-En they wrote something about their desire to publish future games in English as well, so maybe thing will get better in the future. I wouldn't count on it, though.

I have unfinished MTL project for this game, but it lies stale for near a month now. I don't really feel motivated to work on it.
Just wanted to say it works great with mtool, no need to use translator++.

However theres quite a few bugs still present that annoyed the fuck out of me. game bugs not caused by mtool btw

Last edited:

RottenCitizen

Aug 27, 2020
Just wanted to say it works great with mtool, no need to use translator++.
Good to know. Probably everyone who wanted to play this really bad already did so using MTool.
I don't have much experience with it, as AFAIK it needs constant internet connection to talk to online translation services, which is a big no-no in my book. A decent translation must be self-contained within the game and work offline.

Translator++, although no doubt a useful instrument for some, is a piece of very questionable bloatware in my opinion. It is Windows-only, closed source, takes over 400 Mb of space (!), contains interpreters for JavaScript, Ruby and PHP (!!), tries to do everything under the sun including talking to the network, being a text editor and a dictionary, contains within itself programs made by other people who I doubt gave consent to this, and as a cherry on top it is developed by a shady character that wants money for this.
At least it in part inspired me to roll out my own tool.

Reactions: mlkey and RemoraDFC

mlkey

Oct 4, 2018
Good to know. Probably everyone who wanted to play this really bad already did so using MTool.
I don't have much experience with it, as AFAIK it needs constant internet connection to talk to online translation services, which is a big no-no in my book. A decent translation must be self-contained within the game and work offline.

Translator++, although no doubt a useful instrument for some, is a piece of very questionable bloatware in my opinion. It is Windows-only, closed source, takes over 400 Mb of space (!), contains interpreters for JavaScript, Ruby and PHP (!!), tries to do everything under the sun including talking to the network, being a text editor and a dictionary, contains within itself programs made by other people who I doubt gave consent to this, and as a cherry on top it is developed by a shady character that wants money for this.
At least it in part inspired me to roll out my own tool.
oh? will you ever release said tool?

RottenCitizen

Aug 27, 2020
Sorry for going off-topic.

oh? will you ever release said tool?
TBH not sure yet. I'd like to release it under my real name, but it means I would not be able to post it with tutorials/examples/etc here on F95.
It is a program similar to by Habisain (probably the biggest inspiration) but striving to be more general - it's purpose is to extract and replace text not only from RPGMaker games, but from any directory with files in a known format - like JSON, YAML, CSV, SQLite databases, source code in various programming languages, etc, etc. It also has no GUI whatsoever and probably will never be popular. The idea was to make an instrument simple enough to be applicable in many cases, and flexible enough to be able to automate game-specific checks to avoid having to check thousands of text lines using just my eyes.

To this point I have used this tool (technically its predecessor, there was a major rewrite) to make my edited MTLs of Fuyou's games.
I've also had success with using it to translate some and one oldie WolfRPG game that WolfTrans* crashed on, but I didn't post the results here. There is just too much editing work to make the rough machine translations up to standard for publishing.
I should probably return to this game (Republic of Baldrheimr) and publish at least something to test my design on a real-world, hard example.

*Another great tool BTW, written by . Works only for WolfRPG and written a bit sloppily, but still very useful and it was another inspiration.

Reactions: mlkey

Black Sparrow

Oct 2, 2018
Here's end game save, you can find recollection on the pc, downstairs is monster interactions and a slave that you can change if you talk to normal npc's and use collar. The girls bathroom scene 3 was not showing up, did get it to work i think on a new fresh game folder but didn't feel like playing it all the way. The adventurer quests don't really matter, ranking up makes more quests show up on refresh, only get better title, but the only one i used was the snow event one, since it increases drop rates. You can do a new game plus at 2nd floor adventurer's red box by being a new lvl 3 adventurer in a new game if you want. No idea how to get the snow map last event, says need footjob and clothed but couldn't find it even with the danger circle being red.

FurikusuJin

Jan 8, 2021
every time I try this game translated I get stuck in the same point: can't equip underwear. So every time I die I have to save, revert the translation, equip underwear, save, place back translation, etc.

Tman45

Feb 23, 2019
every time I try this game translated I get stuck in the same point: can't equip underwear. So every time I die I have to save, revert the translation, equip underwear, save, place back translation, etc.
You have to edit the translation so only dialog is translated. Its annoying and maybe one day I'll feel like translating another game. So I get why no ones is attempting to make a edited MTL for this game.

Lycal90

Jun 29, 2021
if this game has translation tool, please link them to me and tell me how to use them, if it can't be translated and won't be translated, also inform me so that i skip it, and move on.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote