None [Translation Request] [RJ362203] (Tales of Tei) テイテイ ~テイルズ・オブ・テイ~

Jaspy

Aug 17, 2021
How do you guys trigger another paizuri cg of Iska where she grabs your hands instead of her arms are lying down still.

Delf5

Mar 8, 2019
Complete the QTE during Isuka's paizuri and you will get an additional short scene with that CG. If you fail or do nothing in the QTE, the scene ends earlier.

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Hey all. Just found this game and it looks interesting.

I wanted to check to see if anyone was working on a polished translation. If so, I will back off.

nightmare054

Jan 1, 2018
Hey all. Just found this game and it looks interesting.

I wanted to check to see if anyone was working on a polished translation. If so, I will back off.
no one yet AFAIK. if you want to translate it, YOU'RE VERY WELCOME (but please at least edited MTL instead of full MTL if you didn't really know any JP)

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Quick update, started my work. At present there are remaining 12,125 lines of text I want to review and touch up on. I am noticing that with how the game was made I could easily break a script or function so it will require some play testing as well.

All of that to say, this will take me time ( ).

Yokohama1501

Jan 15, 2019
Quick update, started my work. At present there are remaining 12,125 lines of text I want to review and touch up on. I am noticing that with how the game was made I could easily break a script or function so it will require some play testing as well.

All of that to say, this will take me time ( ).
Nice to hear that.
Did you update your game with the files from ?

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Does anyone know why there is Korean mixed throughout the game? I haven't gotten far in a play through (started Act 2) before starting on my translation effort.

Not sure if the Korean is being used for specific events / characters.

IceB

Jan 23, 2022
I try to play this game using joiplay, but it's very laggy, can anyone help me to fix it?

Yokohama1501

Jan 15, 2019
Does anyone know why there is Korean mixed throughout the game? I haven't gotten far in a play through (started Act 2) before starting on my translation effort.

Not sure if the Korean is being used for specific events / characters.
There is korean in-game? I never noticed that

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
There is korean in-game? I never noticed that
Yeah I am finding some text that is Korean. My plan is to translate it as normal and see if things break during my testing.

Update:
Some good news, after removing repetitive lines that i will not touch (e.g. scripts, variables, switches, EV callouts, music/voice line, etc.) I was able to whittle down the number of lines to ~9k from 12k+. Plus I think some of the text (~30%) is reused on multiple maps which should save time while keeping the dialog consistent.

My main concern atm is that the game developer used a JS plugin for the dialog. While I should have no issue on the translation part, ensuring the syntax is correct will be painful. One additional "\" or missing one key character that does something special could break that dialog callout and cause issues in game. So I will be moving slowly when dialog is involved to ensure I prevent introduction of bugs.

Plan & Schedule:
This effort will take longer than I originally thought. Looking at the game on DLsite I figured a four "Heroine" game would be relatively quick... should have paid attention to the 1.43gig size.

I have no good estimate on when a playable patch will be released. My plan is to do a once over on all text then playtest it, hunting for bugs while making adjustments as needed.

ShadesAtNight

Jul 28, 2017
Yeah I am finding some text that is Korean. My plan is to translate it as normal and see if things break during my testing.

Update:
Some good news, after removing repetitive lines that i will not touch (e.g. scripts, variables, switches, EV callouts, music/voice line, etc.) I was able to whittle down the number of lines to ~9k from 12k+. Plus I think some of the text (~30%) is reused on multiple maps which should save time while keeping the dialog consistent.

My main concern atm is that the game developer used a JS plugin for the dialog. While I should have no issue on the translation part, ensuring the syntax is correct will be painful. One additional "\" or missing one key character that does something special could break that dialog callout and cause issues in game. So I will be moving slowly when dialog is involved to ensure I prevent introduction of bugs.

Plan & Schedule:
This effort will take longer than I originally thought. Looking at the game on DLsite I figured a four "Heroine" game would be relatively quick... should have paid attention to the 1.43gig size.

I have no good estimate on when a playable patch will be released. My plan is to do a once over on all text then playtest it, hunting for bugs while making adjustments as needed.
You're doing God's work.

dududtuyu

May 23, 2019

Update:

Plan & Schedule:

I think the Korean part is the game's alpha build, I edited it and manage to play a working scenario (though super buggy), it's basically acts as the game intro and setting like how Tei got the mana stones or his backstory and somehow the dev scrapped all of it and start from 0 again....

I managed to make the scenario working until Pirika's (old design) battle but of course since it's scrapped i can;t continue it as there's no enemy data for her. (still confused on why it's on Korean...)

Reactions: sportsfan30

dududtuyu

May 23, 2019
From what I understand from the scenario :

Tei was abandoned by his mother at baby age until a certain person picks him up and adopts him, he later grew into a fighter training under his now old master. Until one day a succubus/witch? attacks his home and cast? some sort of spell on him.
Then a few days later he woke up and tries going into town to find his master. on his way he meets Pirika, who immediately makes Tei aroused/dizzy, You can make choice whether you should carry on, hold her hand or run away (the first 2 leads to a unfinished game over). He later was found by his master who invited him into the town where the master tries to research what happened on the day the succubus/witch? attacked. Tei was requested to do errands and after he's done, his master alongside a researcher invites tei to a abandoned Mayor's house where they find a shrine and Tei was sucked in. a similar scenario happens where the soul tells him he's a hero and gives him the element absorbing gems. but when he got out the town was attacked by Pirika. The master fought her but seems to unable to do any damage until Tei comes and managed to damage her with the gem's magic but was defeated. Pirika retreated and Tei is now tasked to find and stop her as she was doing the same thing in the original game.

That's where the scenario bugs out as it requires you to fight Pirika but the moment you lose/win the game doesn't do anything.
From what I read from Ci-en, it was scrapped either because 1.Pirika's old illustrator went hiatus or 2. the devs friend teases him about it being too much of a visual novel.

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
From what I understand from the scenario :

Tei was abandoned by his mother at baby age until a certain person picks him up and adopts him, he later grew into a fighter training under his now old master. Until one day a succubus/witch? attacks his home and cast? some sort of spell on him.
Then a few days later he woke up and tries going into town to find his master. on his way he meets Pirika, who immediately makes Tei aroused/dizzy, You can make choice whether you should carry on, hold her hand or run away (the first 2 leads to a unfinished game over). He later was found by his master who invited him into the town where the master tries to research what happened on the day the succubus/witch? attacked. Tei was requested to do errands and after he's done, his master alongside a researcher invites tei to a abandoned Mayor's house where they find a shrine and Tei was sucked in. a similar scenario happens where the soul tells him he's a hero and gives him the element absorbing gems. but when he got out the town was attacked by Pirika. The master fought her but seems to unable to do any damage until Tei comes and managed to damage her with the gem's magic but was defeated. Pirika retreated and Tei is now tasked to find and stop her as she was doing the same thing in the original game.

That's where the scenario bugs out as it requires you to fight Pirika but the moment you lose/win the game doesn't do anything.
From what I read from Ci-en, it was scrapped either because 1.Pirika's old illustrator went hiatus or 2. the devs friend teases him about it being too much of a visual novel.
That makes so much sense and will save me some time. Shame though, was going through some of the dialog and it was getting interesting. Thanks dududtuyu.

Reactions: Serifyn and RazeRRR