None [Translation Request] [RJ362203] (Tales of Tei) テイテイ ~テイルズ・オブ・テイ~

Faustthe3

Jul 8, 2021
am i missing anything or are that all scenes ? if something is missing would like a complet save if possible

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Hey all sorry for the long silence. After a long delay, I believe I am close to done with the translation.

My current step is to play test and ensure all text is translated, no text is cut off, and that no game breaking bugs exist.

I am attaching the translation files to this post for those who would like to play test and help out. For this patch to work, ensure you have downloaded the base game and the v1.19 patch ( has the v1.19 patch). If you find any issues, let me know what & where you ran into the issue(s).

For those who want to wait until I am finished, I have no estimated timeline for the full release.

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Quick update, saw some of the Current Situations (through act 1) have text run off and some text with the blacksmith/weapon shop and Tei's name on some dialog were not translated. Those have been corrected on the attached patch.

Current plan is to do a corruption route run to test and ensure no game breaking bugs exist. If I notice other issues I will fix those as I see them. Let me know ASAP if anyone encounters a bug/text/etc that needs fixing.

After my corruption run through I will release a final patch on this thread and message the mods to create a game thread with a fully patched game.

Last edited:

DustyFukuyama

Jun 25, 2020
Quick update, saw some of the Current Situations (through act 1) have text run off and some text with the blacksmith/weapon shop and Tei's name on some dialog were not translated. Those have been corrected on the attached patch.

Current plan is to do a corruption route run to test and ensure no game breaking bugs exist. If I notice other issues I will fix those as I see them. Let me know ASAP if anyone encounters a bug/text/etc that needs fixing.

After my corruption run through I will release a final patch on this thread and message the mods to create a game thread with a fully patched game.
Thanks a lot for your translation man! I just started the game and everything works fine. If you need help playtesting can you specify which area you want us to focus on? E.g., routes, NPC dialogues, UI.

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Thanks a lot for your translation man! I just started the game and everything works fine. If you need help playtesting can you specify which area you want us to focus on? E.g., routes, NPC dialogues, UI.
Just play the game and let me know any issues you run into.

SymbolicSalad

Jan 7, 2020
Played up until the 3rd act on the general route so far, i'll post some nitpicks I have along with screenshots.

Word cutoff in the text rereader whenever you hit tab for this sentence
cutoff.PNG

A random 40 that is said by nobody at the end of the conversation between these two
40 at the end.PNG

If you lose to
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
once and then come back, before it puts you into the cutscene you can back up and go into the black part of the map and walk around out there.
walk outside the map.PNG

Wrong use of there/their/they're, it says their but it is supposed to be they're

This one is probably the biggest nitpick but saying "she's a nice guy" just feels off.
Capture.PNG

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Played up until the 3rd act on the general route so far, i'll post some nitpicks I have along with screenshots.

Word cutoff in the text rereader whenever you hit tab for this sentence
View attachment 2311782

A random 40 that is said by nobody at the end of the conversation between these two
View attachment 2311783

If you lose to
once and then come back, before it puts you into the cutscene you can back up and go into the black part of the map and walk around out there.
View attachment 2311788

Wrong use of there/their/they're, it says their but it is supposed to be they're

This one is probably the biggest nitpick but saying "she's a nice guy" just feels off.
View attachment 2311800
Thanks for the feedback. For the text issues (40 / they're / nice guy) the attached patch fixes those and some other grammar issues I found.

The text cutoff on the log is going to be something I try to address before final release. When I initially started I thought my text length per line was correct but after 10k of lines it turned out I had misjudged and rather than redoing those lines I shrunk the font size to ensure the text would display properly in game. My plan is to check and play with increasing the log box size and/or font adjustments as one of my last efforts.

For walking outside the bounds, I think that is one of the bugs the developer had tried to fix with the troubleshooting crystal back in the town center. The modifications to the maps I made was just translating text. Thanks for letting me know and I'll see if I can replicate it.

Also the attached patch has a new item in the shop. The shop owner heard about the latest Succubi threat and decided to give away a free Lewdness Erosion Scanner to each town person starting in Act 2. This item is usable from the menu and will not be consumed with use. It will tell you the current erosion value (Variable - 198) and your current max erosion (Variable - 199).

I am not sure if I broke some internal mechanic for the player to know when the erosion was close to the limit or if that is how the game originally is (no visual clues, just a text prompt if you are at max erosion). I am stupid, was testing things while watching a video and had the sound off. The game will briefly flash pink and play a heartbeat sound once you hit max erosion and change Tei's portrait on the bottom left. Going to leave in the scanner but will change it up some after I finish checking the rest of this play through.

Last edited:

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Okay all, attached is the last patch I will be releasing on this thread before the full launch. This patch fixes some other grammar issues I found in my corruption route play through. Also decreased the font size for the text log. I am unable to make the log window bigger but the smaller text should work. Let me know if you still have text that is cut off.

I am going to wait until next weekend for full release to give time for any other people who may encounter bugs, grammar or other issues. Also, kicking around an idea of creating a visual guide to some of the debuff icons that aren't explained in game.

Last edited:

SymbolicSalad

Jan 7, 2020
Finished the non corruption route and the only thing I got from the 2nd half was the name of the crystal in the recollection room not being translated but I haven't updated with the latest two patches either.

On a different note I don't know if the chests in the dark cave are obtainable since it seems theres no teleports that'll let you pass the teleports protecting the chests and not teleporting at all seems to get rid of the whole stealth section.
no enemies.PNG

Also don't know how to obtain the 4th elemental sword since I was missing 2 of the material needed by the end of the game, i'm assuming they were hidden somewhere like the one in the stealth section but I do not know where.

Reactions: sportsfan30

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Finished the non corruption route and the only thing I got from the 2nd half was the name of the crystal in the recollection room not being translated but I haven't updated with the latest two patches either.

On a different note I don't know if the chests in the dark cave are obtainable since it seems theres no teleports that'll let you pass the teleports protecting the chests and not teleporting at all seems to get rid of the whole stealth section.
View attachment 2314500

Also don't know how to obtain the 4th elemental sword since I was missing 2 of the material needed by the end of the game, i'm assuming they were hidden somewhere like the one in the stealth section but I do not know where.
Yeah i noticed the bug when not teleporting but that was part of the base game and not sure how or if I want to spend the time trying to fix that.

Try my latest patch to see if that translates the crystal in the recollection room.

For the last sword, you either need to get lucky in later acts with special chests and/or venture in some Succubus traps for the extra Goshenite. There are potentially four different enemies you could encounter and when you win those fights you will earn a Goshenite, exp, and money. Maxing erosion on the corruption route will impact the fight with Medea, but on the normal route it should be less impactful (just turns into a money sink to cure the erosion).

Reactions: SymbolicSalad

SymbolicSalad

Jan 7, 2020
Yeah i noticed the bug when not teleporting but that was part of the base game and not sure how or if I want to spend the time trying to fix that.

Try my latest patch to see if that translates the crystal in the recollection room.

For the last sword, you either need to get lucky in later acts with special chests and/or venture in some Succubus traps for the extra Goshenite. There are potentially four different enemies you could encounter and when you win those fights you will earn a Goshenite, exp, and money. Maxing erosion on the corruption route will impact the fight with Medea, but on the normal route it should be less impactful (just turns into a money sink to cure the erosion).
Checked and no it is not translated
Capture.PNG

And yeah, it makes sense that the goshenite would be in the succubus traps, I mostly avoided those since the buffs it seemed to give were pretty useless since the game was already pretty easy. I'll definitely mess around with them more if I end up going through the corruption route though.

Reactions: sportsfan30

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Checked and no it is not translated
View attachment 2314581

And yeah, it makes sense that the goshenite would be in the succubus traps, I mostly avoided those since the buffs it seemed to give were pretty useless since the game was already pretty easy. I'll definitely mess around with them more if I end up going through the corruption route though.
Try using this for map120. If this doesn't work you might need to beat Medea again. I noticed with other text that my save file seems to lock in the old text until it is forced to update.