RPGM Translation Request [RPGM][NONE] Emblem Knightess Nord ~Prison Garb Knight~ [v1.0] [Ahriman]

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

923pr

Jul 2, 2018
Update on progress.

I've sorted out the normal bandit scenario. From what I know, there's 6 scenarios, two for each enemy faction, so I'm charitably 16% through the "minimum" translation I want to do. Bad news. 3 days have been spent on the bandit scenario translation, basically running it through multiple online translators for the best context. After the third day of work, the thing started to fail opening, which is a pain in the ass, because 60% of the thing was done then. I have it all saved in notepad, however, so I'll be slowly reintroducing what I've translated and see what works and what I have to change.

Translation-wise, There's still some junk I just don't have the context in japanese for, but I think I have a pretty fluid piece of writing coming going.

Various things I've noticed while translating. Nord will sometimes refer to herself in third person, which means I usually have to keep an eye out for stuff like "Nord" or "Nordhardt" or "Nord-sama" while translating. Also, the setting of the game is apparently "Palace", which really fucking confused me, let me tell you. Also, in some cases, the names of the skills are tied to the combat system code, so if I say... translate the name for "counter", every time Nord counters an attack, the game crashes.

Holding "A" accelerates the text scroll and attack resolution, which makes searching for errors in coding introduced by translations much simpler.

All that being said, I've also gone ahead and translated the mission names and text boxes for the mission select screen. Anyone know where I should put the stuff?

Edit: Oh, yeah. I should note that in english, text constantly flies off the screen. People weren't kidding when they called Japanese an information dense language. I'll take a serious look at whether or not I can add extra dialogue boxes so it can all be read/

AetherRose

Sep 21, 2017
Update on progress.

I've sorted out the normal bandit scenario. From what I know, there's 6 scenarios, two for each enemy faction, so I'm charitably 16% through the "minimum" translation I want to do. Bad news. 3 days have been spent on the bandit scenario translation, basically running it through multiple online translators for the best context. After the third day of work, the thing started to fail opening, which is a pain in the ass, because 60% of the thing was done then. I have it all saved in notepad, however, so I'll be slowly reintroducing what I've translated and see what works and what I have to change.

Translation-wise, There's still some junk I just don't have the context in japanese for, but I think I have a pretty fluid piece of writing coming going.

Various things I've noticed while translating. Nord will sometimes refer to herself in third person, which means I usually have to keep an eye out for stuff like "Nord" or "Nordhardt" or "Nord-sama" while translating. Also, the setting of the game is apparently "Palace", which really fucking confused me, let me tell you. Also, in some cases, the names of the skills are tied to the combat system code, so if I say... translate the name for "counter", every time Nord counters an attack, the game crashes.

Holding "A" accelerates the text scroll and attack resolution, which makes searching for errors in coding introduced by translations much simpler.

All that being said, I've also gone ahead and translated the mission names and text boxes for the mission select screen. Anyone know where I should put the stuff?

Edit: Oh, yeah. I should note that in english, text constantly flies off the screen. People weren't kidding when they called Japanese an information dense language. I'll take a serious look at whether or not I can add extra dialogue boxes so it can all be read/
I really appreciate your hard work!

Reactions: bobthemail321

archedio

Modder
Apr 18, 2019
Update on progress.

Any news?

Yamis

Nov 30, 2019
Algunos de ellos tienen el enlace al juego porque tanto la unidad como las mega unidades están descartadas y quiero jugarlo aunque aún no esté traducido.

923pr

Jul 2, 2018
Any news?
Halfway through the second Bandit scene. It was longer than I thought, and what I've got took multiple days of effort. I wanted to post when I had it complete, but it's taking quite a lot.

DeepL and Google Translate do most of the work, but I have a few other sites to check the meaning of individual phrases.

Out of curiosity. What do you all think sounds better?:

My lady / Your excellency
Crest Knights / Emblem Knights
Lewd Crest / Lewd Emblem
Nordhardt / Nordheart

These come up every now and then and the possible meanings are... varied, to say the least.

Edit: Also want to ask, how should I upload the translation when it's done? It's all in script stuff, so I can probably upload the script alone, if I can find it... Don't want to get v&ed for distributing intellectual property online.

Nov 26, 2020
Halfway through the second Bandit scene. It was longer than I thought, and what I've got took multiple days of effort. I wanted to post when I had it complete, but it's taking quite a lot.

DeepL and Google Translate do most of the work, but I have a few other sites to check the meaning of individual phrases.

Lewd Crest / Lewd Emblem
Nordhardt / Nordheart

These come up every now and then and the possible meanings are... varied, to say the least.

Edit: Also want to ask, how should I upload the translation when it's done? It's all in script stuff, so I can probably upload the script alone, if I can find it... Don't want to get v&ed for distributing intellectual property online.
Your excellency is fine. Should be Lewd Crest, which would make the 2nd choice Crest Knights for consistency. Nordhardt sounds better. That's just my take though.

weisshexe

Aug 3, 2018

Lewd Crest / Lewd Emblem
Nordhardt / Nordheart

I'd like to thank you for beginning to edit and work on a translation for the game.

AetherRose

Sep 21, 2017

Lewd Crest / Lewd Emblem
Nordhardt / Nordheart

Imo:
My lady
Crest Knight
Lewd Crest
Nordhardt

and thank you very much for your hard work!

Reactions: Philia

Philia

Dec 27, 2020

Lewd Crest / Lewd Emblem
Nordhardt / Nordheart

My Lady
Crest Knights
Lewd Crest
Nordhardt

And thank you!

Reactions: Zeppeli1234

frostlax

Apr 19, 2018
What text editor are u using?
I'm asking cuz i can imagine that using sublime would ease ur job a lot. if using the right functions

theejaa

Feb 15, 2020

Lewd Crest / Lewd Emblem
Nordhardt / Nordheart

My lady
Crest knihgts
lewd Crest
Nordhardt

Cheers m8 can't wait to play the game. Thanks you the hard work!

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote