RPGM [Translation Request] 蘇る退魔巫女(仮) [RJ356908] [Unko morimori maru]

Christin Eleven

Sep 3, 2017
Uhh . . . does anyone else want to take up translation then? I´m even willing to pay for the translation! (yes! I´m serious!)

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
Uhh . . . does anyone else want to take up translation then? I´m even willing to pay for the translation! (yes! I´m serious!)
Have patience. They never said they were droping it, or that it wouldn't get finished. Nothing is going to go quickly with a work like this where the author is fond of jokes, gags, puns, etc, if you want an actual good translation (which given how great a story the first one had, we definitely do), so even if you paid someone else to translate it, it would still be quite some time before you saw anything, unless they just threw together and MTL for you. Which you can do yourself, without having to spend your money. So just relax, mentally set the game asside, and be happily surprised when you hear good news later on about it.

Reactions: FoolishSamurai

Christin Eleven

Sep 3, 2017
Have patience. They never said they were droping it, or that it wouldn't get finished. Nothing is going to go quickly with a work like this where the author is fond of jokes, gags, puns, etc, if you want an actual good translation (which given how great a story the first one had, we definitely do), so even if you paid someone else to translate it, it would still be quite some time before you saw anything, unless they just threw together and MTL for you. Which you can do yourself, without having to spend your money. So just relax, mentally set the game asside, and be happily surprised when you hear good news later on about it.
I don´t mind waiting but how long? Will it be finished 2023? 2024? or not before 2026?

Reactions: doctor321
Mar 27, 2018
I don´t mind waiting but how long? Will it be finished 2023? 2024? or not before 2026?
Sorry dude. Like I said, no promises or commitments. I do it because I find it fun, and I don't do it when I feel like doing something else, that's just how it goes. I don't know when I'll be done. My progress so far has been very slow, because I haven't felt like spending too much time on it, other stuff was more interesting/important. This may change, I might pick up the pace, but I also might not. I get that this isn't what you want to hear, but that is how it is.

On the other hand, I don't want to monopolize this translation, obviously that would not be reasonable. If anyone else wants to give it a shot, that's fine by me, and I'll even gladly give some tips if they need advice on how to translate something, or what the joke is with a weird turn of phrase (of which there are many). Be aware that doing a proper translation on this one is tough, and a machine translation will miss a lot of the charm and most of the jokes.

Last edited:

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
Be aware that doing a proper translation on this one is tough, and a machine translation will miss a lot of the charm and most of the jokes.
Exactly. I played Taima Miko Yuugi with the official English release, which was a MTL (I think by a chinese company? I can't remember, it was a while ago) The basic gist of the story came through, and some of the jokes were still jokes, but that was at least in part because of the excelent visual storytelling to go along with the poor MTL. The manual translation that came out years later was night and day. It was so much better, and the game hit so much harder, and it let me really appreciate the quality of Unko Morimori Maru's writing. This game deserves no less, even if it takes quite a lot of time and effort.