Others None [Translation Request] Saiminjutsu Re [Fudegaki Soft]

HOKORI SAMA

Modder
Dec 18, 2022
On SVN's website I believe they said they considered this game untranslatable at the moment because there aren't any engines/tools that can adequately translate this particular set of games.

I personally would love to translate it, but like them, there aren't any good tools that can decipher the files the game's using for dialogue. They're using .dat files and .med files that make it extremely difficult to parse and regular extractors for engines like ren'py and kirikiri don't seem to work.
It can be translated but the engine is only accepting Full-width characters like this and it shows the line empty if the words are not in full width--
1712489783954.png

HOKORI SAMA

Modder
Dec 18, 2022
Even if it goes past the box or before it, can't you make the words, sentences alligne better, like no cut word ?
The main issue here is that game is not accepting Half-width characters that can be solved by VNtextproxy maybe but I have no knowledge about that. I know someone who might be able to help, I'll ask him.

Mungonr7123

Jan 24, 2019
The main issue here is that game is not accepting Half-width characters that can be solved by VNtextproxy maybe but I have no knowledge about that. I know someone who might be able to help, I'll ask him.
thanks bro, for trying with this game and not giving up !

xorxorrax

Modder
Apr 12, 2020
Heya, HOKORI SAMA contacted me, and yah it is definitely possible to fix the half width issue but to do it properly will take me some time as I never worked on this engine before.
1712627191131.png
This is what a few hours of work got me (literally just reducing the space between the letters to 50%). The game font works well enough as monospace so we could consider that in the worst case. But I'll work on measuring each char for the font and displaying with the correct keming.
After that comes implementing line-wrap and maybe a custom font?

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Heya, HOKORI SAMA contacted me, and yah it is definitely possible to fix the half width issue but to do it properly will take me some time as I never worked on this engine before.
View attachment 3523398
This is what a few hours of work got me (literally just reducing the space between the letters to 50%). The game font works well enough as monospace so we could consider that in the worst case. But I'll work on measuring each char for the font and displaying with the correct keming.
After that comes implementing line-wrap and maybe a custom font?
Fascinating, I'm only knowledgeable in the translating aspect of things, but I appreciate the work you've put in.

If you do successfully implement such features, would it be alright for me to use your work to translate this game? You may have to run me through the process of accessing the dialogue in question, but I'd be more than willing to translate this game in full, as I've played through it a bit and like the content.

Reactions: 3nigma Br3ak3r

xorxorrax

Modder
Apr 12, 2020
Fascinating, I'm only knowledgeable in the translating aspect of things, but I appreciate the work you've put in.

If you do successfully implement such features, would it be alright for me to use your work to translate this game? You may have to run me through the process of accessing the dialogue in question, but I'd be more than willing to translate this game in full, as I've played through it a bit and like the content.
I'm the inverse, I'm honestly more interested in the packing/unpacking and hacking process of it. :LOL:
When I have something resembling a workflow and working game I will gladly let you do the translating.

Reactions: avervon

Mungonr7123

Jan 24, 2019
Any progress on this, and could the packing / hacking work for similar developer works as well after you are done, like blackrainbow and fudegaki other works, without redoing it againd ?

xorxorrax

Modder
Apr 12, 2020
Any progress on this, and could the packing / hacking work for similar developer works as well after you are done, like blackrainbow and fudegaki other works, without redoing it againd ?
Progress on my part:
  • Fix Half/Full width issue: done for the text box. Name display and history need the same fix applied
  • Change font: done, even better since I found out how to change font size, position of the text box, line spacing, etc
  • Propper line wrapping: to be done
Right now I am working on a proper parser for the script files since we might want to remove/add text boxes. It's going well enough. Here is D1_G00 decoded:
Code:
// ';123456789012345678901234'
// ';#一日目'
// ';#[村越の帰宅の誘い]'
// ';#'
unk3
// ';▼『タイトル』'
title '一日目\N村越の帰宅の誘い'
unk3
unk25 11 0
unk3
unk37 0 0
bg 131 '#背景・教室(昼)'
unk3
se '003'
unk3
t '……授業が終わり、放課後になった。'
nl  && cls
t '定期テストが終わったせいか、みんな、どことなく'
nl  && t 'ゆったりしている。'
nl  && cls
unk37 0 0
char 128 1 '#進太・通常1(昼)・制服・通常'
unk3
n '【村越 進太】'
voice 'SINT_D1_G00_001'
t '「やぁ、直人くん。一緒に帰らないかい〜?」'
nl  && cls
t '村越が、妙に馴れ馴れしく話しかけてきた。'
nl  && cls
t '何故、俺がお前と帰らなきゃいけないんだ?'
nl  && cls
t '正直そう思ったが、少し考えてみる。'
nl  && cls
t '先の定期テストの一件が気になる。'
nl  && cls
t 'なぜ村越は、あんなに成績がよくなったんだ?'
nl  && cls
t 'それを確認しておきたい。'
nl  && cls
t 'だが、学園に残って、やってみたいコトもある。'
nl  && cls
t 'やってみたいコトとは、もちろん催眠術だ。'
nl  && cls
t '……さて、どうするかな?'
nl  && cls
// ';#'
// ';#$選択肢'
// ';#『まだ用事があるから』 →D1_G01へ'
// ';#『村越と一緒に帰る』→D1_J06へ'
// ';#'
unk3
// ';--------------------------------------------------'
// ';◆選択肢の処理'
unk3
unk33 255 255 2 103 1 126 1 145 1
unk8 0 152 1
unk10 29 0 0 0 245 0 0 255
goto 0 'D1_G01'
unk3
unk10 31 0 0 0 245 0 0 255
goto 0 'D1_J06'
unk9 0 103 1
unk3
unk3
// ';■END'
unk31
As for if this work might be reused on other games. I'll be happy to share the code when it is done but I'm unsure of the parts that might port over to other games. The parser will probably work. The game text fixes will not without at least some tweaking.

HOKORI SAMA

Modder
Dec 18, 2022
Progress on my part:
  • Fix Half/Full width issue: done for the text box. Name display and history need the same fix applied
  • Change font: done, even better since I found out how to change font size, position of the text box, line spacing, etc
  • Propper line wrapping: to be done
Right now I am working on a proper parser for the script files since we might want to remove/add text boxes. It's going well enough. Here is D1_G00 decoded:
Code:
// ';123456789012345678901234'
// ';#一日目'
// ';#[村越の帰宅の誘い]'
// ';#'
unk3
// ';▼『タイトル』'
title '一日目\N村越の帰宅の誘い'
unk3
unk25 11 0
unk3
unk37 0 0
bg 131 '#背景・教室(昼)'
unk3
se '003'
unk3
t '……授業が終わり、放課後になった。'
nl  && cls
nl  && t 'ゆったりしている。'
nl  && cls
unk37 0 0
char 128 1 '#進太・通常1(昼)・制服・通常'
unk3
n '【村越 進太】'
voice 'SINT_D1_G00_001'
t '「やぁ、直人くん。一緒に帰らないかい〜?」'
nl  && cls
t '村越が、妙に馴れ馴れしく話しかけてきた。'
nl  && cls
t '何故、俺がお前と帰らなきゃいけないんだ?'
nl  && cls
t '正直そう思ったが、少し考えてみる。'
nl  && cls
t '先の定期テストの一件が気になる。'
nl  && cls
t 'なぜ村越は、あんなに成績がよくなったんだ?'
nl  && cls
t 'それを確認しておきたい。'
nl  && cls
t 'だが、学園に残って、やってみたいコトもある。'
nl  && cls
t 'やってみたいコトとは、もちろん催眠術だ。'
nl  && cls
t '……さて、どうするかな?'
nl  && cls
// ';#'
// ';#$選択肢'
// ';#『まだ用事があるから』 →D1_G01へ'
// ';#『村越と一緒に帰る』→D1_J06へ'
// ';#'
unk3
// ';◆選択肢の処理'
unk3
unk33 255 255 2 103 1 126 1 145 1
unk8 0 152 1
unk10 29 0 0 0 245 0 0 255
goto 0 'D1_G01'
unk3
unk10 31 0 0 0 245 0 0 255
goto 0 'D1_J06'
unk9 0 103 1
unk3
unk3
// ';■END'
unk31
As for if this work might be reused on other games. I'll be happy to share the code when it is done but I'm unsure of the parts that might port over to other games. The parser will probably work. The game text fixes will not without at least some tweaking.
A program is already available to translate this game engine so why are you working to make a parser for this?
Not that I am complaining because there is only one tool available for this engine overall having an alternative will be nice though.

xorxorrax

Modder
Apr 12, 2020
A program is already available to translate this game engine so why are you working to make a parser for this?
MED.py only replaces strings so for example here:
Code:
nl  && t 'ゆったりしている。'
It prints a string, moves to the next line and prints another string.
You would have to split your translation through the two strings. With my parser you can add/remove any strings that you want so it is more flexible. Also not a fan of the huge json MED.py generates, no way to know where and what you are translating.