• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Others Complete [Translation Request][SLG] The Runaway Girl and Me [1.03][level1]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

dreminh

Jan 4, 2019
bruh file is encrypted , what a shame ! welll unless the dev themself want to translate this else there no reason to encrypted
hope somebody know how to go around it

CorrinTheWeeb

Aug 11, 2018
+1 on this, just downloaded this today and it looked really interesting, was gonna make a request myself but I already saw one and just wanted to support this idea. Plus the guy above me already said dev is finishing up the english in a bit, so that's good to hear.

fantasmic

Nov 3, 2021
Dev published yesterday:
"The Runaway Girl And Me" will be updated to version 1.03 later this month.
We had a hard time making a translated version since we are new to this, but it looks like we will be able to include an experimental English translation patch.
The translation is only partial, but it will make the game easier to play for English-speaking people.
(The framework and scripting engine we are using is still too limited to make a fully translated version due to design issues.)

The content of the patch will include the following
・The patch will be distributed with the Ver1.03 game archive.
・The user interface, scenario goals, item names and descriptions, tutorial dialogs, etc. will be in English.
・Unfortunately, the selections and the main story line will not be translated, but support functions via the clipboard will be provided.
・There is no dedicated installer, so you will have to install it manually.
・Machine translation is used.

We will continue to work to release better translated versions.
They're also including a feature to copy gametext to the clipboard so you can MTL the untranslated stuff yourself.

Reactions: A.F.Y.H.

JohnHunk

Nov 6, 2018
Holy shit that's GREAT NEWS! Thank the devs!

I hope that who gets to MTL it use DeepL, RomajiDesu or Sugoi VN Translator (don't get fooled by the name) though.

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
The Ci-en post was directly quoted by fantasmic, later this month was all it said. That's the latest news and there's nothing more in the comments about it. There is a example there of the...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
As Myrddin explains, this is a proprietary format.
The only way to extract the archives is looking at the original code for the visual engine, look at how it handles the files, and creating an unpacker. There is no unpacker for the file format, which is proprietary and, adding to the trouble, it looks like the files are somehow signed.

I am pretty sure that I can say, unless someone finds the original source for the game, forget about unpacking it for translation.

I also tried various hook applications AND Sutoi/Textractor.

BTW, Sugoi in itself does nothing. Not a damn thing.

Textractor cannot find the correct address, even though matching text is found.

This game is not going to be translated unless the developer supports it.

kaido12

Jan 27, 2019
Is the story translated too? At least to the understandable level? Otherwise for me at least this patch is useless.

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
Is the story translated too? At least to the understandable level? Otherwise for me at least this patch is useless.
It's the partial they promised, the story is not translated. But they did add a easy copy and paste feature so you can use something like for it.

Reactions: WhiteNotes

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
With 1.03 at least the readme file that comes with the game has a English...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote