RPGM [Translation Request] Succubus Rhapsodia [Dreamania]

Oskar1899

Mar 27, 2019
Sorry, new to this thread, can someone explain the current status of the games translation and what the “mod” everyone is talking about is?
Succubus Rhapsodia translation = nearly complete (really just needs nitpick worthy stuff to fix.)

The mod is an add on to the game that expands the main version way longer. It would be fair to call it a expansion/dlc (free though). That translation isn't as complete (you can read how far he's gotten if you look for it) but a great majority of content is already translated there too.

Personally I have 2 versions of the game. One with the mod and the other without and play both with the translation provided.

Reactions: Succubus Hunter

neonsky

Aug 12, 2020
Succubus Rhapsodia translation = nearly complete (really just needs nitpick worthy stuff to fix.)

The mod is an add on to the game that expands the main version way longer. It would be fair to call it a expansion/dlc (free though). That translation isn't as complete (you can read how far he's gotten if you look for it) but a great majority of content is already translated there too.
Ok, thanks for the explanation ^^ Been wanting to play all the games from the MGQ Paradox Collab scenario but I can't stand MTL.

Personally I have 2 versions of the game. One with the mod and the other without and play both with the translation provided.
Sounds like a good idea. I might do the same depending on how exactly the mod changes things.

Feb 24, 2021
Sorry, new to this thread, can someone explain the current status of the games translation and what the “mod” everyone is talking about is?
The full game is pretty much entirely translated, and playable in English! The mod being talked about is a Japanese mod called Plains, Hills, and Cages, and is a really extensive addition to the content of the base game, adding a fuckton of post-game content and lots more. An English translation for that mod is currently underway.

Reactions: Succubus Hunter
Feb 24, 2021
The full game is pretty much entirely translated, and playable in English! The mod being talked about is a Japanese mod called Plains, Hills, and Cages, and is a really extensive addition to the content of the base game, adding a fuckton of post-game content and lots more. An English translation for that mod is currently underway.
Oh fuck somebody already explained it .-.

Yokohama1501

Jan 15, 2019
I got a fresh copy of version 1.2 (unmodded) and followed the installation instructions on git. For some reason there is no text being displayed. If i use a locale emulator though all the text appears in japanese, any ideas?

pvtnator

Sep 6, 2022
The base game is fully playable in English. I'm still going to improve it though.
There's a huge mod for the game that adds its own continuation to the main story and also many side scenarios, including a lot of new enemies, bosses, graphics and also a lot of new skills, items and other game mechanics. I wouldn't recommend it for first playthrough because it changes so much, and the translation for it is also unfinished
Edit: I also didn't see all the follow-up posts...

pvtnator

Sep 6, 2022
I got a fresh copy of version 1.2 (unmodded) and followed the installation instructions on git. For some reason there is no text being displayed. If i use a locale emulator though all the text appears in japanese, any ideas?
If you are loading a save you might need to change the map. Pretty sure JP locale is required, but if the translation is applied then it shouldn't be able to pull up japanese from anywhere except the save itself

pvtnator

Sep 6, 2022
It is a new game not a save file
So did you download the translation from the releases page, like ? Sounds like you just don't have the translation installed. You just need to download the .atc, unpack it and put the contents in the game folder, replacing old files

Yokohama1501

Jan 15, 2019
So did you download the translation from the releases page, like ? Sounds like you just don't have the translation installed. You just need to download the .atc, unpack it and put the contents in the game folder, replacing old files
Thanks for writing down the steps again, it fixed my problem. I thought it would decrypt and recplace the contents in the game folder automatically. I didn't notice the new translation folder appearing.