Others None [Translation Request] タナトス-Thanatos-

lollmaolol123

Apr 4, 2020
when I try to open the japanese version, these pop up. I unarchived the file with japanese locate. What do I have to do to solve this problem?

chiazx1

Apr 25, 2020
I guess I forgot to post it ahahah, I'm currently working on the game, but it really is very fragile to translate, which means I have to constantly go back and forth between testing it and translating more (especially to find certain terms, much of the text keeps referencing variables, making it annoying to find specific lines). Plus, Translator++ does not like the game one bit, so it just decided it will pretend certain map files don't exist, so I spent the last few hours trying to figure out why it suddenly started crashing in certain parts.

In short: I have a MTL'd build that's very sloppy, but covers almost the whole game. If nobody minds I'll spend quite some time polishing this more than I did with my previous translation since this is a longer game (and the animations are seriously great) - just know that, unless I throw the towel and release this because I find some major roadblock, I am working on this at my own pace.
If you get it done i buy you a coffee for sure!
Starbucks coffee:3

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018
I guess I forgot to post it ahahah, I'm currently working on the game, but it really is very fragile to translate, which means I have to constantly go back and forth between testing it and translating more (especially to find certain terms, much of the text keeps referencing variables, making it annoying to find specific lines). Plus, Translator++ does not like the game one bit, so it just decided it will pretend certain map files don't exist, so I spent the last few hours trying to figure out why it suddenly started crashing in certain parts.

In short: I have a MTL'd build that's very sloppy, but covers almost the whole game. If nobody minds I'll spend quite some time polishing this more than I did with my previous translation since this is a longer game (and the animations are seriously great) - just know that, unless I throw the towel and release this because I find some major roadblock, I am working on this at my own pace.
Great stuff man. you could even release MTL and then update it If you dont mind just so the game can gain some attention(this is one of the best games sales wise), so Im almost certain there will be modders wanting to plan stuff. Im fine either way and just thankful youre taking this on ;)

TheDarkSky

Jan 19, 2018
I mean, I can release the MTL (which still has a LOT of stuff - especially in battle - still in its original language). Work on the translation isn't going super fast since I'm also extra busy irl, but I'm still working on this. My plan was to translate the "main episodes" (the game splits the main story in "chapters") while leaving mostly everything else MTL'd and then release the first version, but that IS going to take time (since the Episodes make up for the vast majority of text in the game). Sex scenes still sound silly though ("blame the pussy" instead of "Penetrate her pussy", "I will squid with your sister's dick" instead of "I will cum inside your pussy" and so on), so... What state would you rather have me release this in? Because I'd hate to just release extra small updates every time I translate something more ahahah

Mind you that I did personally 100% the game (secret boss included, heh) just going off of the MTL, but you do have to get "creative" at times with what you have to do.

Reactions: thevideowatcher65

TheDarkSky

Jan 19, 2018
Alright, here's a general update on the translation status. I'm currently at Three out of Five Episodes of the Evil Route translated - plus lots and lots of flavor text and random stuff, since this game has way more text than just its story. If you want to know more, explaining just about everything about my work so far.

If you aren't going to read it... The things I'd be mostly interested in are these two polls - if you're checking this page out because you want the game to release, and you want for it to release in a good state, can I please ask you to fill these two super quick strawpoll polls?

. I don't want to release this in super small chunks and update it whenever something small changes, so... For the first release, which of these would you rather have? I know some want it asap, while others would rather wait as long as it means avoiding dealing with MTL.

, but please still respond to it if possible. I said I'd accept donations, but obviously since there hasn't been any release so far it's not like anyone donated lol. Since this is a passion project, I'm also tackling it as such, prioritizing other real life tasks over it, only translating this when I have enough free time. Opening a Patreon would allow me to focus on this more and to really speed up releases, but... I also don't want to open one if there's no interest in this whatsoever. I'll keep taking my time and translate this as a passion project if no one is interested. BUT, if you are, please answer the poll! Being able to turn this translating thing into a side-job of sorts would be a dream, but hey, that requires for people to be interested ahahah

(but seriously if you're curious about the status of the translation just read the blog post, I explain just about everything about it there)

beingalive

Oct 30, 2019
, but please still respond to it if possible. I said I'd accept donations, but obviously since there hasn't been any release so far it's not like anyone donated lol. Since this is a passion project, I'm also tackling it as such, prioritizing other real life tasks over it, only translating this when I have enough free time. Opening a Patreon would allow me to focus on this more and to really speed up releases, but... I also don't want to open one if there's no interest in this whatsoever. I'll keep taking my time and translate this as a passion project if no one is interested. BUT, if you are, please answer the poll! Being able to turn this translating thing into a side-job of sorts would be a dream, but hey, that requires for people to be interested ahahah
I'd like to qualify my vote to donate in the interest of being transparent and honest:
- The quality and progress of the translation I'm interested in matters, especially what has been released
- Quality of previous work also matters. I don't necessarily want to fund someone who produces subpar or unacceptable translation work (ie Engrish after manually translating)
- A Patreon could list out prior work and current work to demonstrate that; similarly a website/blog (which looks like you have), but you want this listed as a quick portfolio landing page rather than any long-form post. Even a forum signature may be enough.
- Cryptocurrency would need to be accepted for me personally, as I would prefer to keep my F95Zone habits relatively private; preferably *not* only Bitcoin since the fees to send transactions are *crazy* high. For some, spouse has access to the bank accounts you might want have to donate from otherwise. ;)

Some of this you've already done, but just wanted to put it out there.

PS. Looks like your "Donate me a Coffee" donation button on the front page of your site just links back to the front page!

dimasbtwe

Oct 11, 2020
+1
@
TheDarkSky

Do as you like bro, to be honest i dont mind mtl,. u are doing it for hobby, so personaly i already appreciate enough the first realease is not buggy and playable