Others None [Translation Request] タナトス-Thanatos-

TheDarkSky

Jan 19, 2018
It's coming, not sure if in a month or so, but it is. I just slightly underestimated the sex scenes, but they're basically what's left for me to translate before giving the game a final round of polishing (and testing, because random things break when you translate certain lines that theoretically shouldn't be related to mechanics or anything). I wrote a blog post yesterday going slightly more in depth on the status, but I'm not far from being done at this point.

TheDarkSky

Jan 19, 2018
While I honestly COULD have stopped with the story and scenes' text, I've basically been translating the whole battle system, and I'm now doing a definitely not "masterful" work at Photoshop to also edit Maps and Pictures that have text embedded into them. For example: there's six girls in the game, and the protagonist - for the first route - gathers info on them, sticking papers about them on a board in his hideout. Every girl gets four pages: general info about the girl, her skill patterns in battle, what her weak spots are (sexually), and sex stats. Only the latter uses dynamic text, the other three are just static images with text embedded into them. Which means I either left them in Japanese, or I spent a couple days working on them as well just for completion's sake.

Just to be more practical, in the spoiler I'm putting an example of what I mean:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That's just an example, of course. The game has loading screens that show characters and locations, giving a little bit of information about them: those are pre-made pictures too, so I'll be trying to translate them as well. Plus, the maps, which at least have text on a separate layer, making them WAY easier to translate in Photoshop.

All in all, I'm incredibly happy with how the progress has been going, and once I'm done with these pictures, I'll be hunting for bugs (since Translator++ hates Wolf RPG, and messes up things even where I didn't touch anything), so the release date will heavily rely on how long it takes to fix bugs and all. But aside from that... Yeah, I am really satisfied with how my first major TL project has been going! I'll do my best to leave as little as possible in Japanese (some small, extremely minor flavor text may end up remaining simply because it could require me hunting in rather messy scripts for the right lines to edit - and there's 400+ scripts in this game).

chiazx1

Apr 25, 2020
While I honestly COULD have stopped with the story and scenes' text, I've basically been translating the whole battle system, and I'm now doing a definitely not "masterful" work at Photoshop to also edit Maps and Pictures that have text embedded into them. For example: there's six girls in the game, and the protagonist - for the first route - gathers info on them, sticking papers about them on a board in his hideout. Every girl gets four pages: general info about the girl, her skill patterns in battle, what her weak spots are (sexually), and sex stats. Only the latter uses dynamic text, the other three are just static images with text embedded into them. Which means I either left them in Japanese, or I spent a couple days working on them as well just for completion's sake.

Just to be more practical, in the spoiler I'm putting an example of what I mean:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That's just an example, of course. The game has loading screens that show characters and locations, giving a little bit of information about them: those are pre-made pictures too, so I'll be trying to translate them as well. Plus, the maps, which at least have text on a separate layer, making them WAY easier to translate in Photoshop.

All in all, I'm incredibly happy with how the progress has been going, and once I'm done with these pictures, I'll be hunting for bugs (since Translator++ hates Wolf RPG, and messes up things even where I didn't touch anything), so the release date will heavily rely on how long it takes to fix bugs and all. But aside from that... Yeah, I am really satisfied with how my first major TL project has been going! I'll do my best to leave as little as possible in Japanese (some small, extremely minor flavor text may end up remaining simply because it could require me hunting in rather messy scripts for the right lines to edit - and there's 400+ scripts in this game).
kudos to you for your detailed work

TheDarkSky

Jan 19, 2018
Should be coming out in a day or two at most, I just finished testing the fully translated version. Now I only have to open the editor and manually edit some things (since translating them with TL++ breaks the game), but it shouldn't take long.

There's still completely small, random strings left in Japanese, but at this point it would take weeks to hunt down those incredibly, ridiculously minor ones without breaking anything. Of course, if I missed anything major, I can just release fixes for it.

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
Should be coming out in a day or two at most, I just finished testing the fully translated version. Now I only have to open the editor and manually edit some things (since translating them with TL++ breaks the game), but it shouldn't take long.

There's still completely small, random strings left in Japanese, but at this point it would take weeks to hunt down those incredibly, ridiculously minor ones without breaking anything. Of course, if I missed anything major, I can just release fixes for it.
Hey, I do translations too, so I respect dedication to the craft. Great job!

TheDarkSky

Jan 19, 2018
Well, enjoy.

Hopefully an uploader can post it with proper mirrors, I'm still uploading on Mediafire and Pixeldrain (obviously, it IS an almost 5GB game...)

That is v1.0 - the game has had a few updates, with the main additions being a "CG Only mode", bug fixes and some new small tentacle stuff. Now that the bulk of the work has been taking care of, I will SLOOOOWLY port it to its newer version.

...You guys have no idea how many hours I spent on this simply during the last week, Thanatos all day every day lol. Enjoy! I can happily say my first big project has been completed~ I'll probably write a blog post tomorrow about the main challenges I went through and some of the interesting things I found translating this. Something like a "dev log", but for the translation.

...Did I mention the game is pretty damn great?

Kak99

Jan 23, 2018
Well, enjoy.

Hopefully an uploader can post it with proper mirrors, I'm still uploading on Mediafire and Pixeldrain (obviously, it IS an almost 5GB game...)

That is v1.0 - the game has had a few updates, with the main additions being a "CG Only mode", bug fixes and some new small tentacle stuff. Now that the bulk of the work has been taking care of, I will SLOOOOWLY port it to its newer version.

...You guys have no idea how many hours I spent on this simply during the last week, Thanatos all day every day lol. Enjoy! I can happily say my first big project has been completed~ I'll probably write a blog post tomorrow about the main challenges I went through and some of the interesting things I found translating this. Something like a "dev log", but for the translation.

...Did I mention the game is pretty damn great?
THANKS A BUNCH!!!

Reactions: TheDarkSky

Kak99

Jan 23, 2018
Hello Mr/Mrs translator does this game plot have anything to do with
Artemis Pearl ??

TheDarkSky

Jan 19, 2018
Hello Mr/Mrs translator does this game plot have anything to do with
Artemis Pearl ??
Story is completely, absolutely, 110% unrelated. I haven't played Artemis Pearl yet, but I can guarantee you that. Although, if you go in the Recollection Room ("Secret" Option in the main menu), you may encounter a couple familiar faces...... *wink wink*

Reactions: Kak99