RPGM None [Translation Request] Vitamin Quest 2

LaughLoaf

Apr 24, 2021
Maybe I'll get it finished, maybe it won't, but hey, I want to try.
Well good luck to you then. I will mention that you should try to translate off the latest version, 1.842, instead of the 1.834 linked in this thread. Think a few typos and bugs were corrected.

jackz145

Jun 1, 2020
mikami images: translated
mikami text: no translation, only mtl

rai images: no translation
rai text, no translation, only mtl

rai images are way wayyyyy more than mikami images btw. theres a reason ppl gave up after doing mikami images, too much work.

its also been more than a year since the partials were out. most ppl have alr played thru the game with that and moved on. i honestly dont think doing a full tl at this point is even worth the effort.

just use mtool for mtl and use your phone for google lens. i played thru the whole thing like that and it worked fine for me.
y'know there's google lens for chrome now, so you can remove phone from equation, print scrn, paste somewhere, search image with google lens, search text, copy text then paste at DeepL

unfortunately mtool doesnt detect brothel part almodt 90% of time so i had to combo with textractor and tampermonkey with it

my supreme issue with Mtool is you cant launch game as Japanese locale by default so game will error every time you try to run and translate, thus i cant run latest version of 1.842

for some reason its fine to launch Mtool with english partial (maybe due to translated exe)

jackz145

Jun 1, 2020
I am actually kinda confused about the translation is the main game i.e. Mikami's part actually done? or is Rai's being worked on first?

becuase IMO it'd be best to start with Mikami's part's translations as it is the main thing that everyone's pining for, The brothel part is just a bonus

iirc, those are all images too, but I do think you'd get more outside help
brothel part isnt really bonus in nature , its basically 50% of the game and tie some loose ends, cant really call something a bonus when rai's part have more image than mikami tbf

from what Butakoma released bonus cg, they all pander to all fetish, from the childhood friend turned demon got ntred by prostitute customer, how goddess gives birth to rais baby forever, the abortion prostitution with the loli demon many more

KryzstofGryc

Jun 7, 2018
I will say that a good manually translated game is something people will come back to, it's just the nature of MTL to miss out on a lot of context, even if it does a decent job.

I also agree that doing a full tl would be a big effort with little returns, but as a person who loves translating in general, I would find value in translating the game, if only a little.

I've translated games that have already received an MTL injection and people have come back to play it if it's worthwhile and you put in the work.

Well pls do I would love for this to actually be translated, but at that same time if you do happen to stop somewhere along the way pls upload it regardless just in case someone wants to continue your work

JoshPumPum

Aug 22, 2020
I will say that a good manually translated game is something people will come back to, it's just the nature of MTL to miss out on a lot of context, even if it does a decent job.

I also agree that doing a full tl would be a big effort with little returns, but as a person who loves translating in general, I would find value in translating the game, if only a little.

I've translated games that have already received an MTL injection and people have come back to play it if it's worthwhile and you put in the work.

I'd be willing to pay some bucks for your effort. And I can confidently say I'm not alone...
I've bought the game, and I just need a somewhat proper translation to make sense of it. Otherwise it's no fun playing it.

If you ever decide to start just keep posting updates so people know someone is actually working on it.

Man... I've been following this thread for the longest, just hoping that finally someone does something about it.
I just wish I knew Japanese, damn I'd do it myself, but I don't...

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
I'd be willing to pay some bucks for your effort. And I can confidently say I'm not alone...
I've bought the game, and I just need a somewhat proper translation to make sense of it. Otherwise it's no fun playing it.

If you ever decide to start just keep posting updates so people know someone is actually working on it.

Man... I've been following this thread for the longest, just hoping that finally someone does something about it.
I just wish I knew Japanese, damn I'd do it myself, but I don't...
I'm currently working on another game that I want to finish, but I will update people on the game once I fully start working on it. There's so much variety in the game that it's a goldmine of content, but that comes at the price of *looks at files* 50,000 lines of pure sex dialogue that need to be translated. Some of it is short, like descriptions of the men you have sex with, while others pertain to the 4+ sex scenes each character has.

Granted, the game I'm working on has about 20,000 lines and I've completed around 60% in 3 months, so I'm not unfamiliar with large-scale translations.

And hey, if you want to learn Japanese, I'm rooting for you. I'm of the firm belief that anybody can do anything if they put in the time.

For now, I'll drop some translation notes I've put together while working on the game so far (All optional, they're just to track progress):

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Holy shit, no one told me this game had mind control as a big portion of the game's draw. Why is mind control the big reason for Rai's side existing? THE GAME JUST GOT 10x BETTER FOR ME TO TRANSLATE.

Edit: Uh, okay maybe I should translate the entirety of their conversation before I go off and assume entire portions of the game. Also, if you need an update, I've currently translated up to the first boss, as well as the first interaction between Kairi and Rai.

Last edited:

Cabin

Dec 11, 2022
i came across the game vitamin quest like today just now and found this thread
whats the status on the translation update of the sequel ?
also how good is the game?

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
i came across the game vitamin quest like today just now and found this thread
whats the status on the translation update of the sequel ?
also how good is the game?
So there's the translation of the dialogue, and there's the translation of the images, since this game is very image-heavy.

There are two protagonists, Mikami and Rai.

Mikami's images have been translated. Rai's has not.

Neither Mikami nor Rai has their dialogue translated as of now.

I am working on translating Mikami's dialogue first, and then occasionally doing Rai's between Mikami's story because his portion can be ignored story-wise.

The game, according to a lot of people, caters to a lot of different fetishes, and the artstyle is both consistent and very good in my opinion. For now you can use translation injectors like mtool or use the other machine translations people have posted here, but I am working up towards a complete manual translation.

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Hi, update. Progress is slow but continuous, and I'm here to provide some more translation stuff.

Down below are some screenshots of different characters interacting. Translations are subject to change, but hopefully you notice a huge difference in the dialogue compared to MTL stuff. Also spoilers, if that's your thing.

For now I am focused on translating every possible dialogue that can be seen before Rai appears, as stated before. Would people be interested in a place, such as discord, for playtesting new translations that come out? Playtesting would include finding any dialogue boxes that haven't been translated, making sure grammar is okay, indentation is okay, finding any spots where the dialogue goes off the text box, and generally making sure the translation is up to standard. I would want to complete this first section before doing so, as I want people to have a sizable chunk of the game to play through.

If anyone knows or has a guide for a lot of the content in this game, that would be appreciated as well.

Also if anyone could answer a question I have with image editing, that'd be really cool. The problem I'm having is that when I'm editing names, they appear to be a lower quality than that of the previous translator's work. For example, Nelpura's name is less crisp than Nerupura's, it's especially noticeable in-game.
2023-03-19 20_10_45-[tn_ba] (imported)-4.0 (RGB color 8-bit gamma integer, GIMP built-in sRGB,...png 2023-03-19 20_11_40-[tn_ba2 - Copy] (imported)-5.0 (RGB color 8-bit gamma integer, GIMP built-...png
There are also subtle differences between the two, like the p's and r's being at a different height than the other letters, making the whole thing feel less dynamic. I'm currently trying to play with GIMP to see what I can do to best replicate the images, but any help would be appreciated.

This game goes all out, a lot of characters have multiple dialogue cases for when Mikami is:
  • Clothed and an adult
  • Naked and an adult
  • Clothed and a loli
  • Naked and a loli
  • Pregnant, clothed and an adult
  • Pregnant, naked and an adult
  • Pregnant, clothed and a loli
  • Pregnant, naked and a loli
It’s amazing to see the amount of effort they put into catering to multiple fetishes.

Cabin

Dec 11, 2022
Hi, update. Progress is slow but continuous, and I'm here to provide some more translation stuff.

Down below are some screenshots of different characters interacting. Translations are subject to change, but hopefully you notice a huge difference in the dialogue compared to MTL stuff. Also spoilers, if that's your thing.

For now I am focused on translating every possible dialogue that can be seen before Rai appears, as stated before. Would people be interested in a place, such as discord, for playtesting new translations that come out? Playtesting would include finding any dialogue boxes that haven't been translated, making sure grammar is okay, indentation is okay, finding any spots where the dialogue goes off the text box, and generally making sure the translation is up to standard. I would want to complete this first section before doing so, as I want people to have a sizable chunk of the game to play through.

If anyone knows or has a guide for a lot of the content in this game, that would be appreciated as well.

Also if anyone could answer a question I have with image editing, that'd be really cool. The problem I'm having is that when I'm editing names, they appear to be a lower quality than that of the previous translator's work. For example, Nelpura's name is less crisp than Nerupura's, it's especially noticeable in-game.
View attachment 2481467 View attachment 2481468
There are also subtle differences between the two, like the p's and r's being at a different height than the other letters, making the whole thing feel less dynamic. I'm currently trying to play with GIMP to see what I can do to best replicate the images, but any help would be appreciated.

This game goes all out, a lot of characters have multiple dialogue cases for when Mikami is:
  • Clothed and an adult
  • Naked and an adult
  • Clothed and a loli
  • Naked and a loli
It’s amazing to see the amount of effort they put into catering to multiple fetishes.

No need to rush mate
Take your time

Reactions: PokiePokey

Cabin

Dec 11, 2022
Don't worry, I love doing this kind of stuff. If I'm working on it, chances are I'm doing it because I enjoy the hell out of the game or its concept.

Translating is a passion of mine, and I'd love to make it a legitimate job instead of the one I have now.
I just want you to take care of your well being also mate
Also if you rush with some project the end result might always not come out satisfactory
If you go slow and steady the end result is always better:giggle:

Dec 23, 2021

View attachment 2481467 View attachment 2481468

• Clothed and an adult
  • Naked and an adult
  • Clothed and a loli
  • Naked and a loli

You're doing awesome work! I really appreciate your dedication in translating this game.

m3llo

Aug 5, 2018
Don't worry, I love doing this kind of stuff. If I'm working on it, chances are I'm doing it because I enjoy the hell out of the game or its concept.

Translating is a passion of mine, and I'd love to make it a legitimate job instead of the one I have now.
That's awesome, I wish I could learn Japanese (literally just to play H games). I can't really do anything to help, so I'll pray for your success from the sidelines whoop whoop *fist-pumps*

user171

Jul 26, 2017
You're doing God's work with the translation. Looking forward to it, though take your time with it. It's a really big (and amazing) game, after all,

Cryptz

Dec 28, 2017

Regarding character names, the game creator made a few extra CGs for each female character on their site, and if you extracted it, either the password used to extract or the folder extracted was named after the characters in Latin letters. Whether you keep yours or use what the creator use is up to you. Your work is greatly appreciated.

Reactions: avervon

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Regarding character names, the game creator made a few extra CGs for each female character on their site, and if you extracted it, either the password used to extract or the folder extracted was named after the characters in Latin letters. Whether you keep yours or use what the creator use is up to you. Your work is greatly appreciated.

Will use this, thanks.

Would you happen to have a link to their website, particularly for this? I'd love to take a look.

I didn't know, for example, that they spelled Kudina "Kudhina", as well as Kitorei being "Kitoray". Makes me feel better making the changes I did, despite how divergent they are from the original katakana.

I assume the spoiler list aren't the only names they give?

Last edited: