RPGM None [Translation Request] Vitamin Quest 2

Jan 26, 2022
You can get a general understanding on whats happening with MT translation so tecnically you can play it just fine but it's obviously a bad experience if you want to read dialogue. Unfortunately until there is an AI that will translate this masterpiece for us properly, this is the best way to play it.
Just learn Japanese, bruv. From what little I know about Japanese, it's a highly contextual language, so without an AI that understands subtleties like that, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Overlord070

Jan 21, 2021
Just learn Japanese, bruv. From what little I know about Japanese, it's a highly contextual language, so without an AI that understands subtleties like that, I don't see it happening anytime soon.
AI will get there eventually but will take years, learning JP would be the best option but realistically I won't be doing that xD

Reactions: Careless Cloud

Frrz

Oct 27, 2017
AI will get there eventually but will take years, learning JP would be the best option but realistically I won't be doing that xD
You will also take year to learn japanese to play game lmao. But at least, it's a choice to do that you can control instead of waiting for someone else translate this game.

JoshPumPum

Aug 22, 2020
I'm really starting to lose hope of ever playing a fully translated game (even if some parts are MTL)...

People are starting to talk about learning Japanese lmao.
Seriously is that our best bet!?

Such a pity...

Jan 26, 2022
I'm really starting to lose hope of ever playing a fully translated game (even if some parts are MTL)...

Such a pity...
think about all the games that will never get a translation. There are a fair few that I've had to pass up due to the language barrier.

Reactions: Overlord070
Aug 5, 2022
Got it...
Totally forgot about this.. So, basically the new version of the MTool (late Jan /Feb) won't allow you to load the old translation files and the new ones are locked with paywalls so here's the "trick" use the old MTool, luckily still have a backup of it (it just don't have all the updates before the new version, I think U16 was the latest), you can get it ^^

EDIT: Updated the tool to MTool_A10U15 (around 1 month of updates from previous release), still waiting for U16.
EDIT2: Updated the tool to MTool_A10U16 (around 3 months of updates from previous release), probably is the last update before the new version, I would anyway try the U17 if I can find it.

How to play:
1) Recover the old tool I've linked before, get the game from here and download the TrsData.json from the OP.
2) Extract the game folder, extract the TrsData.json in the game folder and lastly extract the tool folder (not need to extract the game and the tool in the same folder, they are 2 different entity).
3) Open the tool with with tool.bat (DON'T UPDATE IT!), drag and drop the .exe of the game and press install (you may need jap locale to run the game, you can use direct on the game exe once you launched the game with the tool the first time, just remember that the tool need to stay open to apply again the translation).
4) Wait patiently until the tool scan all the required files and the translation is applied.
5) Enjoy the game in MT english (not everything is translated but quite enough)!
Note: I recommend you to use meiryo font and then set them to -2 with any game

If somebody still have the last update before the U17 pls share it!

View attachment 1725368
for some reason my browser says that the MTtool is a dangerous file and it automatically hasnt gone through with the download even though i can confirm the download. this is the first ever time ive seen that error. u sure its safe? is it the wrong link or what?

luchettodj94

Dec 25, 2019
for some reason my browser says that the MTtool is a dangerous file and it automatically hasnt gone through with the download even though i can confirm the download. this is the first ever time ive seen that error. u sure its safe? is it the wrong link or what?
Read the official discussion about the MTool, but in short as injecter is usually flagged as potential malicious by some av, the most advanced tho won't complain, I've been using Eset for various years without having a problem, only once the dev did something that trigered all av but he fixed it quickly.
As for my link nah is the correct one and it is the offical, I've just repacked it (if i remember correctly),
I've actually checked the download on chrome and yes indeed now it will flag it as potential malicious but still nothing changed (just some policy on chrome av I think).

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2022
Read the official discussion about the MTool, but in short as injecter is usually flagged as potential malicious by some av, the most advanced tho won't complain, I've been using Eset for various years without having a problem, only once the dev did something that trigered all av but he fixed it quickly.
As for my link nah is the correct one and it is the offical, I've just repacked it (if i remember correctly),
I've actually checked the download on chrome and yes indeed now it will flag it as potential malicious but still nothing changed (just some policy on chrome av I think).
oh ok, ty ill download even though its not chrome that i use

Last edited:

Overlord070

Jan 21, 2021
You will also take year to learn japanese to play game lmao. But at least, it's a choice to do that you can control instead of waiting for someone else translate this game.
Oh I've played it, beat the main story but got fatigued from the constant brain aneurysms from trying to piece the information from the text ahaha.

Overlord070

Jan 21, 2021

Such a pity...
Honestly the game is worth playing even with MTL, the gameplay is very solid and the sex scenes are some of the best imo. You'll just have to switch your brain off for some parts of the text :KEK:

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Okay so how many people are trying to work on this game exactly?? I've seen multiple people saying they're working on it on their own going through the whole thread, the most recent person (Corazon de Melon) showing promise, but is anyone moving forward with a reliable manual translation?

I'm asking hoping to either help in the translation effort, or to be the one insane person to somehow translate the entire thing not knowing the scope of this game, lol

For the record I do know a somewhat decent amount of Japanese and have been translating for a while now, but I want to get a feel for the game and understand what I might be getting into. Love when games put passion into the graphics and UI, makes me want to do the same when I translate them.

LaughLoaf

Apr 24, 2021
dont even bother. the male mc brothel section is all images, no text. nobody will no life and edit thru thousands of images. i think corazon gave up too because its just too much hassle. just use mtl and google lens.

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
dont even bother. the male mc brothel section is all images, no text. nobody will no life and edit thru thousands of images. i think corazon gave up too because its just too much hassle. just use mtl and google lens.
I actually would be willing to, as a sort of challenge to myself. I've only translated a bit of the prologue so far, but it's really fun. The characters already seem memorable and the text in the pictures don't seem overloaded or hidden by anything too terrible, just needs time and a bit of effort. I'd love to work with/compile all the work everyone's done and find out if a game like this really can be translated by ordinary strangers on the internet.

I may also be motivated to be that one insane person to take this on and waste like 2+ years on something this monumental, but at least people get a cool game I guess

2023-03-11 14_42_24-びたみんクエスト 2ND ATTRACT ver.1.841.png 2023-03-11 14_42_58-びたみんクエスト 2ND ATTRACT ver.1.841.png 2023-03-11 14_52_12-びたみんクエスト 2ND ATTRACT ver.1.841.png

KryzstofGryc

Jun 7, 2018
I actually would be willing to, as a sort of challenge to myself. I've only translated a bit of the prologue so far, but it's really fun. The characters already seem memorable and the text in the pictures don't seem overloaded or hidden by anything too terrible, just needs time and a bit of effort. I'd love to work with/compile all the work everyone's done and find out if a game like this really can be translated by ordinary strangers on the internet.

I may also be motivated to be that one insane person to take this on and waste like 2+ years on something this monumental, but at least people get a cool game I guess

I am actually kinda confused about the translation is the main game i.e. Mikami's part actually done? or is Rai's being worked on first?

becuase IMO it'd be best to start with Mikami's part's translations as it is the main thing that everyone's pining for, The brothel part is just a bonus

iirc, those are all images too, but I do think you'd get more outside help

GranTurboAutismo

Aug 4, 2019
are you guys forgetting that someone on ULMF already translated the whole damn 20000 images?
We have had a mostly working translation for nearly a year except for Rai's part.

LaughLoaf

Apr 24, 2021
I am actually kinda confused about the translation is the main game i.e. Mikami's part actually done? or is Rai's being worked on first?
mikami images: translated
mikami text: no translation, only mtl

rai images: no translation
rai text, no translation, only mtl

rai images are way wayyyyy more than mikami images btw. theres a reason ppl gave up after doing mikami images, too much work.

its also been more than a year since the partials were out. most ppl have alr played thru the game with that and moved on. i honestly dont think doing a full tl at this point is even worth the effort.

just use mtool for mtl and use your phone for google lens. i played thru the whole thing like that and it worked fine for me.

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
are you guys forgetting that someone on ULMF already translated the whole damn 20000 images?
We have had a mostly working translation for nearly a year except for Rai's part.
mikami images: translated
mikami text: no translation, only mtl

rai images: no translation
rai text, no translation, only mtl

rai images are way wayyyyy more than mikami images btw. theres a reason ppl gave up after doing mikami images, too much work.

its also been more than a year since the partials were out. most ppl have alr played thru the game with that and moved on. i honestly dont think doing a full tl at this point is even worth the effort.

just use mtool for mtl and use your phone for google lens. i played thru the whole thing like that and it worked fine for me.
I will say that a good manually translated game is something people will come back to, it's just the nature of MTL to miss out on a lot of context, even if it does a decent job.

I also agree that doing a full tl would be a big effort with little returns, but as a person who loves translating in general, I would find value in translating the game, if only a little.

I've translated games that have already received an MTL injection and people have come back to play it if it's worthwhile and you put in the work.

Maybe I'll get it finished, maybe it won't, but hey, I want to try.

Reactions: Nerro

GranTurboAutismo

Aug 4, 2019
I will say that a good manually translated game is something people will come back to, it's just the nature of MTL to miss out on a lot of context, even if it does a decent job.

I also agree that doing a full tl would be a big effort with little returns, but as a person who loves translating in general, I would find value in translating the game, if only a little.

I've translated games that have already received an MTL injection and people have come back to play it if it's worthwhile and you put in the work.

Maybe I'll get it finished, maybe it won't, but hey, I want to try.
I meant that instead of redoing the entire thing, save yourself the effort to continue from where others left off, if you are not doing it already. There's 20k+ images if you're going to redo it.

https://f95zone.to/threads/translation-request-vitamin-quest-2.98965/post-9234204