• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RPGM None [Translation Request] Vitamin Quest 2

stubloup

Sep 19, 2017
Since I scoured (most) of this forum and failed to see anyone mention this:
MTool updates.
TrsData.json is tied to the version of MTool you are using.
Downloading someone else's TrsData.json that generated from an older version of MTool won't work.
-(Also, installing the Font inside the game's folder and setting MTool to use said font will fix glitchy blocky issues.)
MTool basically demands you update it. (Unless you StartWithTool.bat, which actually just works.)

If you wanted to be insane, you could edit the 'StartWithTool.bat' file to path to an older version that matches the .json file.
Thus, if you want to upload the TrsData, you also need to upload the tool's files that pair with it. (Usually.)
I suppose you could include the tool files into the game folder, thus uploading a version of the game anyone can just double click the bat file to launch an english version from. (One can wish.)
-(In reality, each person will likely have to edit the .bat on their own.)(Unless the .bat is modified to figure out the path..)
-(And maybe delete system32 on the way right? Hey kids, don't launch random files hey? Or something like that idk.)

Adding more to the confusion, MTool won't always update to change how the TrsData is interpreted. (Sometimes it's bugfixes!)

For me personally:
Using MTool_A10U17 70910F41
None of the TrsData uploaded here will actually translate anything for my game.
Similarly, older TrsData I generated for games I played before also no longer work.
The japanese text ingame no longer syncs with the MTL in the file.
Upon generating a new TrsData (For the smaller games I a free loader am able to do so with.)
Text will now display in english, except for the letters I saw before, which appear to have suffered a car crash that resulted
in all of their innards getting splattered across my screen. (This fixes with a simple reboot of the game.)

In summary, it's more complex to use MTool than just a simple file upload, even for the people with a paid subscription. (Mebe?)
Please upload your TrsData with the version of MTool you used to generate it. Thanks a Bullion. (Hope this helps myself you!)
If i'm wrong about anything here, leme know good chap!

Galnij

Feb 19, 2022
im going to try my hand at it it may take a few months but ill make this a side project if i can get it to work. ill probably MAT most of it then go in and manually do the rest.

Reactions: hahahihi323

luchettodj94

Dec 25, 2019
RJ354108_img_main.jpg
Vitamin Quest 2 v1.834 JAP

As usual to play in eng you can make easily yourself a translated mtl version of the game with translator++ or using this tool ( this last one unfortunately premium only since is too heavy, but you may want read this ;)).
Partial eng thx to yoghurtandcream and mayaktheunholy

DOWNLOAD

----------------------------------------------
PARTIAL ENG

Last edited:

WeebMeDaddy

Aug 19, 2019
View attachment 1665745
Vitamin Quest 2 v1.834 ENG

you can get the eng version on my patreon ive included the mvtool files
it must be run through the mvtool of it wont be in english

its only 1 dollar just because it cost me 7 for the premium MVtool for this translation

it may say its a virus show up as a virus due to the MVtool files​
fuck off

Galnij

Feb 19, 2022
wtf is this scam? hahaha you could easily get banned from dev tool and you also cannot get more low by reselling it. (reported)
i didnt put the patreon version in the pack its only the one available on their link and is completely compatible

luchettodj94

Dec 25, 2019
i didnt put the patreon version in the pack its only the one available on their link and is completely compatible
Immagine 2022-02-25 071126.png

I still believe that we should create a google sheet with all the TrsData.json and various info about the compatibility, cause nothing is forever and i'm pretty sure we gonna get lost tons of these.

Now check what i wrote and a explicit version of your:

I gonna reselling the mtl translation that someone else got and I didn't do anything, I also reselling a cultural property risking jail for profit, nice!

Notice any difference?

Galnij

Feb 19, 2022
i get your point i went a head and made the post public on my patreon.i do put a lot of work in my other translations, i am new to this been doing it for about 2 week sorry if i fucked with any rules or anything

luchettodj94

Dec 25, 2019
i get your point i went a head and made the post public on my patreon.i do put a lot of work in my other translations, i am new to this been doing it for about 2 week sorry if i fucked with any rules or anything
tried and doesn't work, the system ask for supporter code (both your and my tool), I don't know if the dev locked it or there is simply something wrong.
Also, the tool have shortcut path so is required something that is in common with all system like C:\Program Files.

Last edited:

Galnij

Feb 19, 2022
tried and doesn't work, the system ask for supporter code (both your and my tool), I don't know if the dev locked it or there is simply something wrong.
Also, the tool have shortcut path so is required something that is in common with all system like C:\Program Files.
ill see what i can do about fixing this if it wont work ill just take it down