RPGM None [Translation Request] Vitamin Quest 2

BooDawg

Aug 26, 2021
Maybe I'm dumb but, how to switch back to female protag?

Never mind, found it on ULMF, it's the lamp thing under the library lady.

Last edited:

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Do the easy ones first, mah khing. Just keep your pace don't be burnout.
I think a good measure I use is whether something I'm translating feels like a drag compared to a puzzle I need to solve.

Easy first is nice sometimes, but if you're left with the difficult tasks then the final stretch slog starts taking over, something that everyone knows a bit too well.

I like alternating between the simple phrase edits, the overarching menus, and the dialogue translation so that nothing ever becomes too stale or repetitive. It's like tricking the brain into thinking its taking a break when its just shifting it to a set of tasks.

djgrime

Oct 19, 2019
I think a good measure I use is whether something I'm translating feels like a drag compared to a puzzle I need to solve.

Easy first is nice sometimes, but if you're left with the difficult tasks then the final stretch slog starts taking over, something that everyone knows a bit too well.

I like alternating between the simple phrase edits, the overarching menus, and the dialogue translation so that nothing ever becomes too stale or repetitive. It's like tricking the brain into thinking its taking a break when its just shifting it to a set of tasks.
We're all just glad someone is still translating this. Thank you for your hard work!

bubge

Apr 29, 2021

You are doing a herculean labour bro, do whatever works for you and get that shit done. Seriously, i have seen people speak of this translation like it was some holy grail, it'd be amazing to actually have it some day.

Reactions: Atomfire

Velsomnia

Jul 29, 2017
Only thing I hate about this game is how often you get pregnant, its not my thing and it seems to happen every single battle.

jackeasy

Aug 23, 2017

popping into the thread to cheer you on. You can do it!

jackz145

Jun 1, 2020
Hi, update.

Not too much this time in the translation section either, a few new places translated and a few scenes done, but nothing much. This is due to me trying to finish up my other translation, as I want to devote my full attention to this as soon as possible.

Most of the meat of the update is that I've finished translating the natures of the prostitutes, which is good to get out of the way, as well as some definitions. There's some cool ones they put in like Virgin Hunter/Killer and "Brood Parasite", or what I've translated as Host, since it defines a person or creature that takes care of another person's eggs/children (Think taking care of a baby your spouse and another person had created).

I won't be giving an update on the translation as there's not too much that's been updated (Armor Shop and the initial sex scenes of Dablo), but I'll give examples of the pictures I've translated.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

one thing about
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/04/2558622_show_det_natexp02_50.png

this is related to "Brood Parasitism" Butakoma have another specialty tag that he does alot (aside ab--tion) stuff is married / cheating partner getting impregnated by other men and raise it with the husband with or without their knowledge, first shown on brood parasitism elf brothel (married emotionless dark elf, married big titty elf, married flat elf, and married baba / loli elf)

tldr, cuckoo bird stuff

Bob_96

Aug 22, 2019
Hi, update.

A bit slow on translation progress, but a BIG update to pictures.
Since I'm going to be translating Rai's portion next, I'm working on the main menus first.
These are a work in progress, but some work is better than none.

Since some images are hard to see as thumbnails, I've put the full images down below. They're an assortment of different types of images, so some might be smaller parts of a whole menu. This does not include everything I've worked on, but it's a decent chunk.

As for translation notes and for the progress as of now, it's down below like before.

When I finish the first Mikami section I plan to work on a bunch of Rai's section, both his dialogue and his images, but that's a long time into the future.
I'll drop the first Mikami section here as a MEGA file containing all the translation progress as a sample of what I've worked on. Afterwards, I want to switch to a more private method of distributing the translation, as I don't like shipping out incomplete builds publicly, either through sites like patreon or places like discord.

I am splitting my focus between this game and the other game I'm working on, NTR of the Slutty Magical Girl Flan, so I apologize if updates are slower than my initial ones.
Hey just a heads up, from what I have seen in game the Misc. Training that you show increasing sex service and sensitivity actually increases sex service and sub. If I am wrong about this I apologize but I believe I am correct on this.

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
one thing about
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/04/2558622_show_det_natexp02_50.png

this is related to "Brood Parasitism" Butakoma have another specialty tag that he does alot (aside ab--tion) stuff is married / cheating partner getting impregnated by other men and raise it with the husband with or without their knowledge, first shown on brood parasitism elf brothel (married emotionless dark elf, married big titty elf, married flat elf, and married baba / loli elf)

tldr, cuckoo bird stuff
Yep, I actually first found what that meant in the other work I’m translating right now.
It’s what I’ve translated as “Host” currently, since the concept is the girl is the person taking care of another person’s child, since I can’t really fit “Brood parasitism” into such a small space, not to mention that’s not a very appealing way to define a person’s nature. Cuckoo might be good instead of host though, might use that.

Hey just a heads up, from what I have seen in game the Misc. Training that you show increasing sex service and sensitivity actually increases sex service and sub. If I am wrong about this I apologize but I believe I am correct on this.
You are correct that it increases submissiveness, just that there wasn’t enough space to put “Sub” as well on the side. Misc. training increases all aspects if I remember correctly, and I recently translated the dialogue Kairi has for each activity where she mentions submissiveness increases for this one. In the original image, they don’t have enough space to mention submissiveness increases. I will also double check to see if I translated the image wrong, but in either case I appreciate you bringing it to my attention.

jackz145

Jun 1, 2020
Yep, I actually first found what that meant in the other work I’m translating right now.
It’s what I’ve translated as “Host” currently, since the concept is the girl is the person taking care of another person’s child, since I can’t really fit “Brood parasitism” into such a small space, not to mention that’s not a very appealing way to define a person’s nature. Cuckoo might be good instead of host though, might use that.

You are correct that it increases submissiveness, just that there wasn’t enough space to put “Sub” as well on the side. Misc. training increases all aspects if I remember correctly, and I recently translated the dialogue Kairi has for each activity where she mentions submissiveness increases for this one. In the original image, they don’t have enough space to mention submissiveness increases. I will also double check to see if I translated the image wrong, but in either case I appreciate you bringing it to my attention.
also suggestion, maybe not to stray too far you can always makes it short for into B. Parasitism, or if its still too long - B. Parasite, etc, use whatever you feel like natural the most cuz the full name word of Brood Parasitism can be type into the description

There's also some peculiar tags if i recall someone told me in ulmf website
like emotionless (cool) , abortion lover, NTR, etc, really putting high hope on the effort, no pressure mate

Reactions: DreamingOfPinkLips

Overlord070

Jan 21, 2021
Hello guy I'm back now it my
end of semester
now I got 2 months of free time
translation update
will be on the way
edit: to whom are also working on the brothel part here is my progress and the file
Welcome back, avervon is also translating the game if you guys want to collaborate.

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Hello guy I'm back now it my
end of semester
now I got 2 months of free time
translation update
will be on the way
edit: to whom are also working on the brothel part here is my progress and the file
Welcome back, congratulations on finishing the semester, hope you enjoy your two months of free time.

Thank you for your work, it's helped a lot with stuff on my end, cheers.

Aug 12, 2018
Welcome back, congratulations on finishing the semester, hope you enjoy your two months of free time.

Thank you for your work, it's helped a lot with stuff on my end, cheers.
Oh, your welcome so you getting close to finishing the brothel part now right?
should I stop translation work on this part?

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Oh, your welcome so you getting close to finishing the brothel part now right?
should I stop translation work on this part?
Far from it, I have a lot of images to go through. I think in terms of progress you've done more than me.

I still have about 1900 images to go through, I've done more work on the dialogue and story if I'm being honest. But I've been referencing your translations along with mine to make my workload easier, for example the main options menu.

It'll be a long time until I finish translating the brothel, so if you want to continue I absolutely encourage you to work on your translations, especially with how much effort you've put into it.

Think of our work as concurrent, not overlapping. You can use my work to help your translations if you wish, and the same goes for me.

Basically, do what you want, don't let what I'm doing affect what you're doing if you're passionate about it.

Aug 12, 2018
Far from it, I have a lot of images to go through. I think in terms of progress you've done more than me.

I still have about 1900 images to go through, I've done more work on the dialogue and story if I'm being honest. But I've been referencing your translations along with mine to make my workload easier, for example the main options menu.

It'll be a long time until I finish translating the brothel, so if you want to continue I absolutely encourage you to work on your translations, especially with how much effort you've put into it.

Think of our work as concurrent, not overlapping. You can use my work to help your translations if you wish, and the same goes for me.

Basically, do what you want, don't let what I'm doing affect what you're doing if you're passionate about it.
Thank you for your replies
well then I still work on it again and upload it here so everyone and you can get a hand on it