RPGM None [Translation Request] Vitamin Quest 2

Aug 12, 2018
I Need help with translation can't translate this it customer type or name when is translate this it gives me a weird result like 口ク口ウ ( Kuchi ku-guchi u ) =cormorant or Mouth mouth and it all katakana
I will give the part that I can't translate here and leave it to you guy

Last edited:
Reactions: Rizki9990

jackeasy

Aug 23, 2017
I Need help with translation can't translate this it customer type or name when is translate this it gives me a weird result like 口ク口ウ ( Kuchi ku-guchi u ) =cormorant or Mouth mouth and it all katakana
Yea these definitely seem like names. Makes it tricky to translate since it's like trying to decipher handwriting with the custom images and slightly varied characters. I'm not familiar enough with Katakana to identify them with certainty based on the subtle angles, but this was my best attempt at a few:

1) クソスト or perhaps クンスト (Ku-so-su-to vs Ku-n-su-to)

2) S.イケイソド or S.イケインド (S-ikeisodo vs S-Ikeindo)

6) ロクロウ: Rokurou (This is coincidently the name of a Tales of Berseria character)

Reactions: Corazón De Melón

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
What I will say is that they are definitely names, not types. The files label them as det_con1_name images, so there's no doubt they're names. The game does similar naming with other images like _fmskill (female skill), _fmnat (female nature), and _fmname (female name)

You could honestly just try pasting the katakana character by character and that would be fine, or you could try your hand at romanizing it if you want (Rokurou, for example, could be seen as Lacrow or something similar in some cases). Rokurou seems to be the katakana for this kanji (緑郎), the character in particular I took this from is "Rock"/Rokuro Okajima from Black Lagoon.

For katakana in particular google translate on the web actually shows you the romanized version of the katakana below the text, which can make it easier for you to translate.

As for the Kuchi-guchi, the reason why it might be giving you that is because the kanji for mouth is 口 , or kuchi. It looks very similar to the [ro/ロ] katakana character, so the translator you're using might be mistaking one thing for another, here's them side by side: 口ロ. It's subtle, but ro doesn't have the small lines sticking out from the bottom, it's usually portrayed as a semi-symmetrical box.

Names are kind of hard in Japanese because there are rules to how you pronounce certain ones. For example, the "tou" in a name may actually be pronounced "dou" depending on whether it's at the beginning of a kanji name or the end. And some kanji actually have dual pronunciations depending on the person, but this usually just applies to kanji names.

A recent case I had is the game I'm currently translating where a name was translated as "Eihime," but the hiragana for her name was actually "Eiki". Both are technically correct, but the latter was her name.

That being said, machine translators usually pick up on these special cases, so they're reliable enough that you don't have to worry about those kinds of things.

Off the top of my head, the katakana names are:
name_1: Wansuto ワンスト
name_2: Ikeindo イケインド
name_3: Saadoru/Sadoru サアドル (the a/ア here is small)
name_4: Oosu オース
name_5: Huinn フィン (which can actually be translated as Finn because of the small イ before the )
name_6: Nanase ナナセ
name_7: Rokurou/Rokuro ロクロウ
name_8: Eetoru/Eitoru エートル
name_9: Hasura ハスラー
name_10: Touten トウテン 
name_11: Ireiburu イレイブル
name_12: Shiie・Rouban シイーエ・ロウバン (This one confuses me a lot, but that seems like the katakana. Also, the i/イ and u/ウ are both small.)

Yea these definitely seem like names. Makes it tricky to translate since it's like trying to decipher handwriting with the custom images and slightly varied characters. I'm not familiar enough with Katakana to identify them with certainty based on the subtle angles, but this was my best attempt at a few:

1) クソスト or perhaps クンスト (Ku-so-su-to vs Ku-n-su-to)

2) S.イケイソド or S.イケインド (S-ikeisodo vs S-Ikeindo)

6) ロクロウ: Rokurou (This is coincidently the name of a Tales of Berseria character)
Particularly for "n" vs "so" katakana, if the small line in the upper left is higher than the lower right line (ン), it'll usually be "n". If the top of the lower right line is higher or at the same level as the upper left (ソ), it'll usually be "so". Same thing for shi and whatever character gets paired with it I think.

jackeasy

Aug 23, 2017
Also worth pointing out that I don't see any of the image files on the linked screenshot, and it's probably because they appear in the "unique customers" tab. I imagine the unique customers have unique names.

One word that shows up below "Upper Class Monster", 性格: , could mean character or personality though. So any other files pointing towards a "type" of character/behavior are probably used there.

Aug 12, 2018
What I will say is that they are definitely names, not types. The files label them as det_con1_name images, so there's no doubt they're names. The game does similar naming with other images like _fmskill (female skill), _fmnat (female nature), and _fmname (female name)

You could honestly just try pasting the katakana character by character and that would be fine, or you could try your hand at romanizing it if you want (Rokurou, for example, could be seen as Lacrow or something similar in some cases). Rokurou seems to be the katakana for this kanji (緑郎), the character in particular I took this from is "Rock"/Rokuro Okajima from Black Lagoon.

For katakana in particular google translate on the web actually shows you the romanized version of the katakana below the text, which can make it easier for you to translate.

As for the Kuchi-guchi, the reason why it might be giving you that is because the kanji for mouth is 口 , or kuchi. It looks very similar to the [ro/ロ] katakana character, so the translator you're using might be mistaking one thing for another, here's them side by side: 口ロ. It's subtle, but ro doesn't have the small lines sticking out from the bottom, it's usually portrayed as a semi-symmetrical box.

Names are kind of hard in Japanese because there are rules to how you pronounce certain ones. For example, the "tou" in a name may actually be pronounced "dou" depending on whether it's at the beginning of a kanji name or the end. And some kanji actually have dual pronunciations depending on the person, but this usually just applies to kanji names.

A recent case I had is the game I'm currently translating where a name was translated as "Eihime," but the hiragana for her name was actually "Eiki". Both are technically correct, but the latter was her name.

That being said, machine translators usually pick up on these special cases, so they're reliable enough that you don't have to worry about those kinds of things.

Off the top of my head, the katakana names are:
name_1: Wansuto ワンスト
name_2: Ikeindo イケインド
name_3: Saadoru/Sadoru サアドル (the a/ア here is small)
name_4: Oosu オース
name_5: Huinn フィン (which can actually be translated as Finn because of the small イ before the )
name_6: Nanase ナナセ
name_7: Rokurou/Rokuro ロクロウ
name_8: Eetoru/Eitoru エートル
name_9: Hasura ハスラー
name_10: Touten トウテン 
name_11: Ireiburu イレイブル
name_12: Shiie・Rouban シイーエ・ロウバン (This one confuses me a lot, but that seems like the katakana. Also, the i/イ and u/ウ are both small.)

Particularly for "n" vs "so" katakana, if the small line in the upper left is higher than the lower right line (ン), it'll usually be "n". If the top of the lower right line is higher or at the same level as the upper left (ソ), it'll usually be "so". Same thing for shi and whatever character gets paired with it I think.
Wow, I don't know what to say but it helps me a lot you know your stuff!
but I am still curious why there is an alphabet on the front or behind some names like ナナセ ・ B or F・オース
anyway thank you

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Hi, update. Not too much to write about, just some general progress to the translation and the images. I figured since I didn't update for a while I would put one out just so people know I'm alive. The schedule will go back to normal after this, I just wanted to give some progress reports.

As always, images and translation stuff are down below. Instead of doing just an individual week by week copy and paste for translation notes, what I'm doing is organizing my translation document and sending that as a pdf file instead, that way people don't have to scroll through endless posts here to see all the changes. I'll still write down individual week updates so people know what's new, but I want to make the entire translation visible and less cluttered for anyone who wants to see all of the changes. It'll be at the bottom of the "Translation Notes" tab.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Wow, I don't know what to say but it helps me a lot you know your stuff!
but I am still curious why there is an alphabet on the front or behind some names like ナナセ ・ B or F・オース
anyway thank you
My best guess is that the letter corresponds to their rank or the required rank a prostitute needs to be to interact with them? That wouldn't explain the H・S for one of them though. I'd have to play through more or Rai's story to reach those names to give you more context.

jackz145

Jun 1, 2020
sry if being nitpicky, but i notice the SPEACIAL* wrongly spell, it should be Special

you fellas definitely need english proofread before finalizing at some point, ill be glad to help out to find any misspell stuff and point it out

Reactions: Corazón De Melón

bubge

Apr 29, 2021
Hi, update. Not too much to write about, just some general progress to the translation and the images. I figured since I didn't update for a while I would put one out just so people know I'm alive. The schedule will go back to normal after this, I just wanted to give some progress reports.

As always, images and translation stuff are down below. Instead of doing just an individual week by week copy and paste for translation notes, what I'm doing is organizing my translation document and sending that as a pdf file instead, that way people don't have to scroll through endless posts here to see all the changes. I'll still write down individual week updates so people know what's new, but I want to make the entire translation visible and less cluttered for anyone who wants to see all of the changes. It'll be at the bottom of the "Translation Notes" tab.

You've done so much work, and it's "only" 9% completed. Bless you bro, i hope you finish it someday.

Reactions: Caiuz

CamiKaa

Apr 28, 2017
Okay so how many people are trying to work on this game exactly?? I've seen multiple people saying they're working on it on their own going through the whole thread, the most recent person (Corazon de Melon) showing promise, but is anyone moving forward with a reliable manual translation?

I'm asking hoping to either help in the translation effort, or to be the one insane person to somehow translate the entire thing not knowing the scope of this game, lol

For the record I do know a somewhat decent amount of Japanese and have been translating for a while now, but I want to get a feel for the game and understand what I might be getting into. Love when games put passion into the graphics and UI, makes me want to do the same when I translate them.
I'm very happy to hear that you're working on a proper translation for this gem of a h-game.
All the kudos to you avervon!

I've worked on the initial images long ago, but because my japanese is poor I didn't try to tackle on anything else.
I'll upload everything I have (although it isn't much) which I shared with Corazon as well, and I'll include the .psd files if you want to take a look on how it was done.

If you need help with image editing, testing or proofreading, I'm all up to help out.

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Hi, update. I've gone back to weekly Saturday/Sunday updates now. Surprisingly, it feels like I've done 10 times the work in these past few days than I usually do. I'll be a bit busy tomorrow helping a friend move, so I'm posting this now.

This time the images will be of the translation, not necessarily of translated images. Note that how these images look are subject to change, they're not the final product.

The only maps I haven't touched at all is the Town Square. Everything else really only requires the causal sex events to be done or is a sex scene, which I'm getting closer to finishing little by little.

While I'm not sure of the exact amount of scenes that can be accessed during this first section, my estimates for the current progress are:

25/29 scenes for the sex scenes,

10/21 scenes for the casual sex NPCs,

a bit of the Central District and all of the Town Square.

I will also need to do some translating on the armors, items, and basic menus to make navigating them more easy.

I will repeat this paragraph when I finish this section, but when I drop this first part here, this will NOT include every additional NPC added after giving birth. I will also not be editing every image from the previous translator when I drop this, so there will be some inconsistencies in some small text, such as Peridia and Nelpura's names in the birthing sections. Some big portions, such as their names, will be translated or modified though.

Anyways, the progress is down below like always.

As a future planning kind of thing, I will be creating a server on somewhere like discord so that people can proofread the translation and give me pointers on things if they wish, or just hang out in general about the game or whatever. It's not mandatory or anything like that if you do join or want to help, but if people enjoy my translation enough and want to help out, they can do so once I set it up. I don't know much about setting up discord servers, but I'll try my best to customize it to the best of my ability.

My translation as of now will only cover sex scenes and story up to the first boss fight, so anything afterwards is either not proofread or hasn't been translated, though I translated the story all the way up to the end of Rai's prologue and the first scene when switching back to Mikami, as well as some conversations with Envein in her room and Kairi.

Overlord070

Jan 21, 2021
Hi, update. I've gone back to weekly Saturday/Sunday updates now. Surprisingly, it feels like I've done 10 times the work in these past few days than I usually do. I'll be a bit busy tomorrow helping a friend move, so I'm posting this now.

This time the images will be of the translation, not necessarily of translated images. Note that how these images look are subject to change, they're not the final product.

The only maps I haven't touched at all is the Town Square. Everything else really only requires the causal sex events to be done or is a sex scene, which I'm getting closer to finishing little by little.

While I'm not sure of the exact amount of scenes that can be accessed during this first section, my estimates for the current progress are:

I will also need to do some translating on the armors, items, and basic menus to make navigating them more easy.

I will repeat this paragraph when I finish this section, but when I drop this first part here, this will NOT include every additional NPC added after giving birth. I will also not be editing every image from the previous translator when I drop this, so there will be some inconsistencies in some small text, such as Peridia and Nelpura's names in the birthing sections. Some big portions, such as their names, will be translated or modified though.

As a future planning kind of thing, I will be creating a server on somewhere like discord so that people can proofread the translation and give me pointers on things if they wish, or just hang out in general about the game or whatever. It's not mandatory or anything like that if you do join or want to help, but if people enjoy my translation enough and want to help out, they can do so once I set it up. I don't know much about setting up discord servers, but I'll try my best to customize it to the best of my ability.

My translation as of now will only cover sex scenes and story up to the first boss fight, so anything afterwards is either not proofread or hasn't been translated, though I translated the story all the way up to the end of Rai's prologue and the first scene when switching back to Mikami, as well as some conversations with Envein in her room and Kairi.
Great progress mate, amazing really. (y)

acecom.

May 30, 2018

This is awesome work!!!! You dropped ur crown, king!
The dedication u got to keep on going is admirable, can't fathom how y'all manage to keep on going.

Maybe a stupid thing to ask, but are you guys even considering using ChatGPT or something to help you with some of the workload?

Caiuz

Nov 24, 2018
Maybe a stupid thing to ask, but are you guys even considering using ChatGPT or something to help you with some of the workload?
From how I've understood it, the workload comes from most words not being separate text but baked in an image so ChatGPT wouldn't help here.

Reactions: mialamia

HanaImakura67

Jul 9, 2022
Did you install and change Japanese locale on Windows. You can also install nice small tool called
it work on lot of Japanese games and you don't need to change your language locale on your computer with that tool
Hey! I am having the same issue, what with the whole "scan for viruses and reinstall" thing when I try to run the game. I did download that RPGMaker and tried to change my locale both of the ways that you suggested but the issue still persists... I was wondering if you might have further suggestions?

king6708

Nov 6, 2019

quick question, with all this work on the translation, has this been released yet or is this just a development post; as either way it's amazing work so far. if it's the latter, any recommendations of previous translation work or ability to translate the game? also, is the download on the front the latest and if not where could I find it?

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
quick question, with all this work on the translation, has this been released yet or is this just a development post; as either way it's amazing work so far. if it's the latter, any recommendations of previous translation work or ability to translate the game? also, is the download on the front the latest and if not where could I find it?
None of my translation has been released yet, no. My work on the game is still a work-in-progress, but there are a few people working on *some* parts of the game, I believe I'm the only one on F95 who's stated that they're working on translating the entire game from scratch, at least on this thread. Once I am done with a specified section of the game, I will update the thread appropriately with what I've worked on.

There should be a semi-recent version of the game a few pages back in this thread, but unfortunately I don't know which post, just that it was ver 1.841. If you want to translate the game, there are people here that recommend mtool and have walkthroughs on how to use it. You could also use programs like Translator++ to inject translations into the game if you'd like, but that has a chance of breaking the code if you don't know what you're looking for.

Someone here is working specifically on the images for the other portion of the game, and someone has translated nearly all the images on Mikami's side already.

The first version of this game, Vitamin Quest, should be translated on ULMF.