RPGM None [Translation Request] Vitamin Quest 2

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Hello everyone.

Down below is the link to the translation. All you need to do is extract the .7z file and click on the application. Happy hunting, and I hope I did a decent job translating this part of the game.

In addition, I've created a discord server, albeit it's very generic. The main purpose is to allow people to give me feedback and send me any screenshots of places that need touchups or need to be proofread. However, you are free to roam in the channels I've made or suggest the creation of new ones, I'm not that tech savvy with Discord.

You can get the links to any translations I've done in the past here, although they're also on my signature.

Disclaimer: The full game has not been translated yet. This is a work-in-progress translation. If you would like more information about what scenes I've completed so far, or are interested in the more behind-the-scenes thinking behind my translation, please click on the files down below.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If you would like to access or familiarize yourself with the work I've done, down below are two pdfs, one to denote which sex scenes I've gone through, and one with translation notes as to why I translated phrases in certain ways, as well as information on the specs of images, any coding changes I've made in RPG VX Ace, and some tidbits of information that people might find interesting. These are both up to date and both contain progress done on the next part.

For sex scene/map progress, click "Vitamin Quest 2 Checklist" down below. For translation notes, click "Vitamin Quest 2 Translation".

View attachment Vitamin Quest 2 Checklist.pdf

View attachment Vitamin Quest 2 Translation.pdf

In addition, there will be a folder labeled "Finished Images (avervon)" inside the link that contains all the edits/translated images I've worked on so far. For those who would like to use my work for their translations or would like to see what I've done so far, this is here in case you're interested.

Just a reminder that this part and all future parts of this translation will be free, as I am eventually making them public with time; at no point do you need to spend money. Patreon is for those who would like to, or would like to be privy to translation updates as they come through, which ranges from general translations to image edits.

Once again, please enjoy.

Conduit

Oct 24, 2021
"Envein refers to her group as the [Four Apostles]. This is in reference to the term the “Four Heavenly Kings”, which the game itself references."
It's actually a lot more of a common Japanese videogame thing than just that. In Pokemon it's the Elite Four, and in Final Fantasy (most notably 1 and 4) it's the Four Fiends and the Four Archfiends. With that in regards, you could probably even just call them Fiends/Archfiends as well in VQ2, as they are relatively supposed to be "demonic" and the word fiend gives off that impression more than the holier term apostle.

Envein's element is wind, similar to how FF4's Barbariccia is a wind elemental archfiend.

Last edited:

gg i

Jun 22, 2020
Hello everyone.

Down below is the link to the translation. All you need to do is extract the .7z file and click on the application. Happy hunting, and I hope I did a decent job translating this part of the game.

In addition, I've created a discord server, albeit it's very generic. The main purpose is to allow people to give me feedback and send me any screenshots of places that need touchups or need to be proofread. However, you are free to roam in the channels I've made or suggest the creation of new ones, I'm not that tech savvy with Discord.

You can get the links to any translations I've done in the past here, although they're also on my signature.

Disclaimer: The full game has not been translated yet. This is a work-in-progress translation. If you would like more information about what scenes I've completed so far, or are interested in the more behind-the-scenes thinking behind my translation, please click on the files down below.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If you would like to access or familiarize yourself with the work I've done, down below are two pdfs, one to denote which sex scenes I've gone through, and one with translation notes as to why I translated phrases in certain ways, as well as information on the specs of images, any coding changes I've made in RPG VX Ace, and some tidbits of information that people might find interesting. These are both up to date and both contain progress done on the next part.

For sex scene/map progress, click "Vitamin Quest 2 Checklist" down below. For translation notes, click "Vitamin Quest 2 Translation".

View attachment 2707187

View attachment 2707216

In addition, there will be a folder labeled "Finished Images (avervon)" inside the link that contains all the edits/translated images I've worked on so far. For those who would like to use my work for their translations or would like to see what I've done so far, this is here in case you're interested.

Just a reminder that this part and all future parts of this translation will be free, as I am eventually making them public with time; at no point do you need to spend money. Patreon is for those who would like to, or would like to be privy to translation updates as they come through, which ranges from general translations to image edits.

Once again, please enjoy.

is there scenes of alyria with rai?
i feel like its been hinted
tq for the translation btw

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
"Envein refers to her group as the [Four Apostles]. This is in reference to the term the “Four Heavenly Kings”, which the game itself references."
It's actually a lot more of a common Japanese videogame thing than just that. In Pokemon it's the Elite Four, and in Final Fantasy (most notably 1 and 4) it's the Four Fiends and the Four Archfiends. With that in regards, you could probably even just call them Fiends/Archfiends as well in VQ2, as they are relatively supposed to be "demonic" and the word fiend gives off that impression more than the holier term apostle.

Envein's element is wind, similar to how FF4's Barbariccia is a wind elemental archfiend.
Originally I was actually going to call them either the [Four Hounds] or the [Four Emissaries], the only reason I stuck with apostles was because of how it related to the four temperaments, and the game seems to take at least some inspiration from Europe, especially Germany. If the other two girls don't fit these personalities I might go with fiends instead.

It's kinda funny how much the concept of "Four scary, major bosses" happens in a lot of Japanese media, never noticed that.

I wish there were an easier way to translate Japanese because the kanji used for what I translate "lightning" as is lightning AND wind, but it's pretty difficult to write it in a way that both makes sense and doesn't take up too much space, since "lightning" already takes more space than "fire" or "ice" does. I figured Envein was more wind than lightning based on her attacks, but it's hard to justify translating it as wind since Pyurano's abilities are purely lightning-based, as with Mikami's. I thought maybe "storm" could work, but it honestly feels more confusing than anything else. I suppose it technically doesn't matter since I really just need to make the four main elements match up with what the party's attacks do.

Reactions: HeadsExplode

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
oh cool
so tht part isnt translated but we can playtill tht part right? /
Yep. The game will still run like normal, I just haven't translated up to there. It would be pretty shitty if I disabled parts of the game I haven't gotten to yet, lol.

gg i

Jun 22, 2020
Yep. The game will still run like normal, I just haven't translated up to there. It would be pretty shitty if I disabled parts of the game I haven't gotten to yet, lol.
true
i might try getting there. thanks for the info

Serifyn

Oct 31, 2019
I have to commend you for such an undertaking, this game is massive. i played until i reached parts which were not translated and the translation quality seems fantastic thusfar.

bubge

Apr 29, 2021
wtf, did MEGA change their download quota? i couldn't even downlaod the whole file before i got hit with a 6 hour cooldown. is there any other place to get it?

Whotfisthis

May 30, 2021
Very wacky request but does anyone mind uploading a less compressed version of this MTL? I use JoiPlay to play RPGM games on my phone cuz it ain't safe to play on the only PC when it's shared with other family members, and this game is like the first time ever on this site that I run into an archive that my phone simply cannot extract
It's kinda funny how much the concept of "Four scary, major bosses" happens in a lot of Japanese media, never noticed that.
Now that you're mentioning it, it's probably due to the Japanese regarding 4 as the number of death, really a more common trope than I thought

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
wtf, did MEGA change their download quota? i couldn't even downlaod the whole file before i got hit with a 6 hour cooldown. is there any other place to get it?
Very wacky request but does anyone mind uploading a less compressed version of this MTL? I use JoiPlay to play RPGM games on my phone cuz it ain't safe to play on the only PC when it's shared with other family members, and this game is like the first time ever on this site that I run into an archive that my phone simply cannot extract

Now that you're mentioning it, it's probably due to the Japanese regarding 4 as the number of death, really a more common trope than I thought
I'll see what I can do to find other sites like uploadhaven or nopy. Not used to them, since I was only ever familiar with MEGA.

hyoma303

Jun 7, 2019
Just wondering, is your translation included with Corazon de Melon's translated images or not?

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Just wondering, is your translation included with Corazon de Melon's translated images or not?
It doesn't, unfortunately. Since I'm planning on translating Rai's images on my own time, my translation will mostly be of my own edits. If you'd like you can insert his images into my translation, as he has more to offer than I do currently. Since multiple people are editing images on their own, I don't want to hijack their work without either crediting them, or getting their permission.

Reactions: hyoma303

hyoma303

Jun 7, 2019
NW, thanks for answering my question. It's been half a year since I bought this game, and I'm really surprised to see that there's someone willing to translate this game and has come this far. I knew that this game has a lot of lines, and some of them are in format of image. Can't thank you enough for all your hard work. Sorry if I can't help you with the Patreon stuff atm, but if you provide some other way to give you a tip, like PayPal or buying you a coffee, that would be great.

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
NW, thanks for answering my question. It's been half a year since I bought this game, and I'm really surprised to see that there's someone willing to translate this game and has come this far. I knew that this game has a lot of lines, and some of them are in format of image. Can't thank you enough for all your hard work. Sorry if I can't help you with the Patreon stuff atm, but if you provide some other way to give you a tip, like PayPal or buying you a coffee, that would be great.
No worries, even just seeing other people interact with my translations is enough for me. I'll see if I can't set other sites up for tips and whatnot for those who would prefer other methods.

Also, very appreciative of Koikatsu modders, you guys make the craziest most detailed characters in that game and I can't fathom how you all do it.

Reactions: n0pe