RPGM None [Translation Request] Vitamin Quest 2

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Hi, update.

It's been about a week since the translation came out, and it's been pretty eventful. Lots of proofreading, lots of new faces.

Anyway, I've been doing work on the next part, which will include the following:

All of Mikami's dialogue that you can encounter before the second boss
All of Rai's dialogue that you can encounter before the second boss
All NPCs that can be unlocked up to 5 pregnancies in the capital.
All of the main menus for Rai's brothel. These are the basic menus, such as the options menu, choosing clients, stuff like that. Because of how many images are untranslated for Rai's section, this means that there will still be a lot of images untranslated, but I am aiming to make his section playable, or in the best case scenario, completely understandable. But again, don't expect a full translation for his images yet, as there's 2000 to translate in total.

In addition, I will be doing nearly twice the workload since I have sections for both Rai and Mikami to translate, so this will take a decent amount of time to get through.

It's also worth noting that I got the most recent version of the game, 1.842. I need to port my translation into the new version, so I'll be doing that in the background of translating the game. This will take some time since I don't want to just inject my old map files into the new ones (which defeats the purpose of whatever bug fixes/typos he fixed in the new version), but hopefully it won't take too long.

Starting from next week (due to being busy with the above paragraph), any and all progress will be uploaded to Patreon for those who would like to view these updates in real time. Everything that has been stated to be worked on will be included, unless it specifically has the (Not implemented) label next to it. This will include any images I've worked on. Note that things will not be entirely proofread in this state, so if things look unpolished that is probably why. But, for those who would want to see what's been worked on and what's not, it's there for you.

As always, translation stuff is down below.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm working on another translation in tandem to this one after NTR of Flan is shipped, so if you like that type of stuff feel free to check out updates on the thread I will soon post down below, or just follow me in general on this website.

sjs3221

Jan 20, 2021
How do I add a script that would keep the game going if a missing file or animation? I'm having tons of issues with restarting because an anim is missing. Or is there a fix for some anims and files being missing?

Last edited:

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
How do I add a script that would keep the game going if a missing file or animation? I'm having tons of issues with restarting because an anim is missing. Or is there a fix for some anims and files being missing?
I assume the best option would be to get said missing file/animation from a source that has it. Is there a name that pops up that you could give me? I could send you the animation/file that it's giving an error for.

AnubiSs2167

Mar 1, 2018
Sorry if its a stupid question, i dont know much about translation process but isnt it better to ignore ingame dialog for now as it can be translated by Mtool enough to get udnerstanding whats goin on in the game. While the half of the game - thebrothel menagment is completly unplayable. Shouldn't imges be priority?

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Sorry if its a stupid question, i dont know much about translation process but isnt it better to ignore ingame dialog for now as it can be translated by Mtool enough to get udnerstanding whats goin on in the game. While the half of the game - thebrothel menagment is completly unplayable. Shouldn't imges be priority?
tl;dr: I want my translation to feel confident and to work cohesively rather than jumping to different points in the game where I don't understand the context of what the image is trying to convey.

So when I work on games I personally work on the content that happens as the story unfolds. This is because, and this is especially true in Japanese media, context matters. While it is true that Mtool *can* give an understanding of the game, at the end of the day it's still MTL that misses a lot of what the game is meant to give you. For example, details like Rai is a country bumpkin, he lived in the mountains to train most of his entire life so he doesn't know the geography of Walland. Mtool might translate how Nelpura calls Mikami as "big sister" even though they aren't related. Some phrases suck at giving proper context to an image in mtool through the dialogue because some words in Japanese don't translate 1-to-1 in English. As an example, the phrase "the arrow on the white feather" is meant to signify that someone is either marked for a role they don't want, or chosen for a role of higher/more important significance.

It's also important to note that this translation is being worked on constantly, with loads of changes. This includes things like names, what certain images mean when paired with the scenario it's in, etc. One of the changes I made was changing "fiend" to "demonspawn" and that might also change in the future. If I were to go forward with such a translation now and it showed up in an image, if I translated it now and then had it changed later, it's more work on me for no reason to edit those images again when I could feel more confident in my translation and do it a single time.

Also your question isn't stupid. I appreciate when people interact with what I do.

hunghung151

Jan 5, 2021
The image can also be translated with google image translation. I don't see any reason that is unplayable.

iixviiiix

Mar 11, 2020
The "big sister" part sound like "aneki" or something like "aniki" "big brother" in crime gang mean. So i think it's fine to keep it like that or so.

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
The "big sister" part sound like "aneki" or something like "aniki" "big brother" in crime gang mean. So i think it's fine to keep it like that or so.
So rather than aneki, what Nelpura uses is "onee-san," which is a more general term. I translated it as "Big Sis" in a previous version, but felt it could be translated differently from the more typical variation. Since onee-san usually has some sense of formality (typically in an elder vs junior sense), combined with how carefree and silly Nelpura's personality is like I figured she'd give more unique nicknames to those around her.

An example I've found to back this up is an interaction with a character named Oshino, in which her nickname for him in Japanese is "Oshii", which I've translated as "Ozzy".

So with that information, onee-san - which is often used to address young ladies/girls - along with the fact that Nelpura is willingly following Mikami, who's the leader of the group, gave me the idea that she would come up with a nickname like "leader lady".

From what I know of aneki, it's either used for people with high respect, or used as an extremely formal way of addressing an older sister.

Reactions: iixviiiix

pisstaker

Mar 20, 2023
I haven't touched the game since it was released and in these translation updates I keep seeing "up to the first boss", and "up to the second boss".

So, overall. How much of the whole game has been translated? 20%?

CaoCao1

Mar 23, 2022
Thanks for working on this translation, its better to have a good translation at some point or never have a good translation at all xD

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
I haven't touched the game since it was released and in these translation updates I keep seeing "up to the first boss", and "up to the second boss".

So, overall. How much of the whole game has been translated? 20%?
Less than 20%.

In terms of sex scenes and basic menus, there's around 50,000 lines; I've only translated about 7500, which equates to around 15%.

There's about 350 maps that need translating, and they average around 500 lines, disbarring some with just event markers and some duplicates.

Then there's images, which will take an additional layer of translating.

I also have to proofread everything, so it's unfortunately a whole process.

Reactions: Beowolf96
May 22, 2021
I mean name checks out, he loves hentai rpg games. Can't even blame him for that, I'd want to play it too.
At least you understand my fetish I really enjoyed playing vitamin quest 2 because genres and concept along with artstyle pretty excellent wish the creator of this hentai RPG game make some little options in game which mikami get to have sex with her son's or getting impregnated by them

Routa013

Mar 28, 2021
Is there a way to have the game launch in fullscreen? Its stuck on windowed mode and pressing F5 or Alt+Enter doesn't work for me.

CamiKaa

Apr 28, 2017
Is there a way to have the game launch in fullscreen? Its stuck on windowed mode and pressing F5 or Alt+Enter doesn't work for me.
Natively you can't. The images have a fixed size and making the window bigger would have to upscale these images.
You can use programs that allows you to resize any window, but the images will suffer that resizing problem.

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
I believe if you press F1, it brings up a menu where you can choose to "Launch in Full Screen".

2023-07-01 19_10_17-びたみんクエスト 2ND ATTRACT ver.1.842.png
I should note that I don't like playing in full screen so I've never really tested it, and every time I did it would cause my screen to flicker and fuck up, so I just never used it. Could just be a computer problem for me though.