RPGM None [Translation Request] Vitamin Quest 2

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Hi, update. Lots of fun times, and a decent number of scenes got implemented into the new version. While previous scenes haven’t been fully implemented yet, I’m slowly working towards that goal.

I wanted to randomly say that I appreciate all the feedback everyone has given me so far, whether it be through liking updates, joining the discord, or vocalizing any problems they’re having. Helps and means a lot to me.

Anyway, the total lines translated for CommonEvents went up to 8724/51604, ~17%.

No images this time around, but a lot of long scenes have been translated and implemented (Albere specifically, his first scene is about 300 lines long).

Just like before, the latest version is currently up on Patreon.

Once more, a warning that this version doesn’t have all the previous scenes in it because I’m in the process of putting them back. This does, however, have all the new scenes I’ve translated without the (Not proofread/implemented) tag next to them.

Check the Proofreading and Transferring pdf for more details, but essentially, Tokuemon’s scenes have been transferred over and proofread, as well as the armor store.

As always, translation stuff is down below.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

groplamas

Aug 27, 2020
Hi, update. Lots of fun times, and a decent number of scenes got implemented into the new version. While previous scenes haven’t been fully implemented yet, I’m slowly working towards that goal.

I wanted to randomly say that I appreciate all the feedback everyone has given me so far, whether it be through liking updates, joining the discord, or vocalizing any problems they’re having. Helps and means a lot to me.

Anyway, the total lines translated for CommonEvents went up to 8724/51604, ~17%.

No images this time around, but a lot of long scenes have been translated and implemented (Albere specifically, his first scene is about 300 lines long).

Just like before, the latest version is currently up on Patreon.

Once more, a warning that this version doesn’t have all the previous scenes in it because I’m in the process of putting them back. This does, however, have all the new scenes I’ve translated without the (Not proofread/implemented) tag next to them.

Check the Proofreading and Transferring pdf for more details, but essentially, Tokuemon’s scenes have been transferred over and proofread, as well as the armor store.

Bro I can't wait for your work to be completed. I even joined your patreon. Amazing work.

Lost person

Jun 24, 2022
can the front page link be update with the actual translation please it would be very helpful the thread is massive

hunghung151

Jan 5, 2021
Is there a way to have the game launch in fullscreen? Its stuck on windowed mode and pressing F5 or Alt+Enter doesn't work for me.
There are tools to enlarge the window. One is called ResizeEnable which enable the ability to drag and change the window size.

Another is called Shinkirou which let you change the scale of the window as well as fullscreen, but you need to run it in JP.

Link to download

JustiniZHere

Oct 8, 2017
How come the game hasnt been translated with Sugoi Translator or ChatGPT or something like that?
Because machine translation still isn't quite there yet.

AI is becoming crazy good and I do honestly think within the next decade we will have acceptable machine translations, but not yet.

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
How come the game hasnt been translated with Sugoi Translator or ChatGPT or something like that?
Be the change you want to be, translate it with ChatGPT and become the translator to outrank all translators.

Or something.

The real answer to your question is most likely that the thread has come up with ways of machine translating the game already so most people are content with that; the newest machine translators were released to the public/became popular less than a year ago I believe, and this game came out in 2021. You'd also still need to learn the basics like how to unpack the game and how to access the dialogue, which most people either don't know how to do, or lack the tools to do so, unfortunately.

A big portion of this game are images too, something ChatGPT cannot translate, unless I'm not aware of a new function of theirs. That requires an actual person to translate and edit, so it probably doesn't seem worth the effort to an average person scrolling through F95.

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Hi, update.

Apologies for the delay, I didn't update because I've actually been busy putting the new translated scenes into the game for those looking to view the current progress.

CommonEvents is up to 9462/51604 lines, about 18% complete.

Focus was mostly on sex scenes, so that's good. There's a lot of new ones, so refer to the Translation Checklist section if you're interested in knowing what's new.

Cross Zero

Jun 12, 2018
A big portion of this game are images too, something ChatGPT cannot translate, unless I'm not aware of a new function of theirs. That requires an actual person to translate and edit, so it probably doesn't seem worth the effort to an average person scrolling through F95.
My first thought to their question. Unless someone fused ChatGPT with a screen capture tool you'd have to manually use such a tool and then manually copy the text over. Needless to say: The capture could be inaccurate which jumbles the translation, which would require manual correction. Either knowing what the text is supposed to say in context or knowing japanese.

Aside from that: I really appreciate your effort. I hope you'll see this through. Just to show my excitement: GO GO I NEED THIS IN ENGLISH!!!

Also, are you translating the images too?

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Hi, update.

After seeing how many characters there seem to be in this cycle of the game, I've come up with an approximate list of scenes that need to be translated.

The stats are (from what I can gather):
30/80 sex scenes translated.
26/80 sex scenes implemented.
8/80 sex scenes proofread.

9/??? NPC scenes translated.
9/??? NPC scenes implemented.
3/??? NPC scenes proofread.

10156/51604 CommonEvents lines translated, so ~20%. 1/5 done with that 50000 gargantuan file, so that's cool.

There are a lot more scenes to translate this time around, nearly three times as many. Guess that just means 3x as much content to consume, so that's good.

I don't have an approximate deadline for completing all the sex scenes yet, but the goal is to complete at least one per day, so hopefully it'll be finished by October, or at the very least by the end of the year. I'm technically behind on where I should be since the previous translation came out on the 18th of June, but Albere's scenes were like twice as long and I did some of Rai in-between, so I guess it technically evens out.

Anyways, translation stuff is down below.

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
My first thought to their question. Unless someone fused ChatGPT with a screen capture tool you'd have to manually use such a tool and then manually copy the text over. Needless to say: The capture could be inaccurate which jumbles the translation, which would require manual correction. Either knowing what the text is supposed to say in context or knowing japanese.

Aside from that: I really appreciate your effort. I hope you'll see this through. Just to show my excitement: GO GO I NEED THIS IN ENGLISH!!!

Also, are you translating the images too?
Yes, I am. There are some people who have helped me (and I'll be sure to credit them), but I plan to translate all the images.

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Hi, update.

This week was split between Mikami's scenes and Rai's interactions with Sannion.

In addition, I've found more scenes but I have yet to figure out if they're the actual total amount.

The stats are:

36/84(?) sex scenes translated.
26/84(?) sex scenes implemented.
8/84(?) sex scenes proofread.

camper88

Feb 14, 2023
Hi, update.

This week was split between Mikami's scenes and Rai's interactions with Sannion.

In addition, I've found more scenes but I have yet to figure out if they're the actual total amount.

The stats are:

36/84(?) sex scenes translated.
26/84(?) sex scenes implemented.
8/84(?) sex scenes proofread.

Thanks for the update. What do I do with this information?

Whotfisthis

May 30, 2021
This concept is called classical conditioning, or “Pavlovian conditioning”, in which Ivan Pavlov, a physiologist, conducted an experiment in which a dog learned to relate external stimuli to a specific reward (i.e. the sound of a bell ringing meant the dog could eat meat, as opposed to a more internal stimuli, which would be the smell of meat).
"So that's what Pavlovian conditioning is? Neat! Where did you learn it from?"

"..."

"Wh-where did you learn it?"

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Thanks for the update. What do I do with this information?
Sell it on ebay for money. Someone will buy it, I guarantee.

Actually give me a price and I'll buy it off of you, lol.

My actual answer is do whatever you want. You can look forward to the weekly updates, you can check back when I release another playable section, it's up to you. If you know Japanese and spot something off with the translation feel free to comment what you think could work better if that's something you want to do. I have a discord where you can do the same in one of the channels.

"So that's what Pavlovian conditioning is? Neat! Where did you learn it from?"

"..."

"Wh-where did you learn it?"
You see there's this dog in Vitamin Quest 2, their name is Nora and I ended up having-

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Hi, update.

This week was a good mix of implementing, translating and proofreading on Mikami's side. I am currently attempting to proofread each person's initial scenes before progressing with any scenes afterwards. This way there's a balance between translating new content and putting it in the game for people to see. It also means permanent progression, and I won't have to go back to scenes to proofread them, meaning hopefully a quicker shipment of the next part.

The stats currently are:

40/85 sex scenes translated
30/85 sex scenes implemented
18/85 sex scenes proofread

11017/51604 CommonEvents lines translated, about 21%.