RPGM None [Translation Request] Vitamin Quest 2

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Hi, update.

Apologies for the extra week of silence, I had a backlog of work to finish these past few weeks so I wasn't able to work on the translation as much as I'd like. But, there's still a lot to discuss.

Currently the stats are:
48/86(?) sex scenes translated
34/85 sex scenes implemented
24/85 sex scenes proofread

CommonEvents is about 23% done, with 12026 lines translated.

With the exception of Lucrio, every encounterable NPC has had their initial sex and service scenes translated. Fourteen scenes are defeat scenes (~700 lines), fourteen scenes are NPC sex scenes with Mikami (~1500-1600 lines), four scenes are sex scenes with the demon girls (~500-600 lines), five scenes are birthing/masturbating scenes for all the girls (~600-700 lines), and one scene is the first prostitution client (~100 lines). Not counting any prior dialogue to the sex scenes, altogether the total amount needed left is around 3,400 lines to complete Mikami's side of things. I believe that would be around 33% of CommonEvents completed.

I don't know how much is left for Rai, however, since his dialogue branches are more complex. His side has been translated up until you have successfully scouted Sannion.

Cheers.

Translation stuff is down below like always.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Hi, update. This one's a hefty one.

For starters, all scenes from the previous update have been implemented into the current build. If you were worried about old scenes not being translated, you shouldn't have to worry about that this time around. A lot of new scenes have been implemented as well, 13 I believe. The current stats are:

56/86(?) sex scenes translated
47/86 sex scenes implemented
26/86 sex scenes proofread

CommonEvents is about 25% done, at around 12743/51604 lines translated. 1/4 of the way done with sex scenes technically, yay.

In addition, I've updated the tags to be in line with the list F95 is preparing to implement. I will also be attempting to do two things, to create a guide to find specific NPC interactions, as well as label what they are. This is for the future in case people want to find specific events, since I'll have played basically the entire game by the end. For now, take the current list of tags:

As always, translation stuff is down below.

JankiesTanker

Jul 29, 2020
Vitamin Quest 2 was waited for like years already to be translated and uploaded in this site, at least for me. game release on like 2017? or 2019? whatever but this game is def a tedious process to translate and i understand no-one would dare to touch the data files and fully translated it. except for the man himself after all, he is dedicated. we all support it.

Reactions: djgrime

CamiKaa

Apr 28, 2017
Vitamin Quest 2 was waited for like years already to be translated and uploaded in this site, at least for me. game release on like 2017? or 2019? whatever but this game is def a tedious process to translate and i understand no-one would dare to touch the data files and fully translated it. except for the man himself after all, he is dedicated. we all support it.
Vitamin Quest 2 were released in 2021, so it's been 2 years or so. (It was in the makings for a lot of years though)
Still, if it wasn't for avervon on taking such an ambitious translation project, we would never be able to play this masterpiece of h-games the way it was meant to be played, ie not a crappy mtl experience.

The replies may have gotten fewer on the thread, but that's because people are now patiently waiting, instead of spamming +1.
So once again, thank you for the hard work and dedication avervon!

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
How do i download this? or is the link gone
I believe the site's domain went up for sale because of people doxxing or abusing it or something. Don't remember which one it was but they had a page where they described what had happened. Basically the site's gone so the link is fucked.

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Hi, update.

I still have a lot to do on the roadmap, but we've gotten to about 20 scenes left to translate. According to DLsite this game has about 350 total sex scenes, so taking into account the previous 30 scenes I'm at around 93. I should be done translating (not proofreading) Mikami's side of this part in less than a month at most. There are about 5 NPCs left to go over, while the rest is either defeat scenes or birthing scenes by the demon girls.

Most of this week was proofreading previous scenes and translating new ones, no implementing.

I should mention that this game also includes a "recollection room" for Rai's section with each unique prostitute, as well as a separate recollection room of NTR moments that can occur in the game. I will be translating those too. In addition, I will be translating manual instruction images, as well as any documents the game contains such as update details or notes from the developer. I'm going to treat this as a full package.

64/86(?) sex scenes translated,
47/86 sex scenes implemented,
34/86 sex scenes proofread.

13477/51603 lines translated, so about 26%.

Translation notes are down below like always.

johntoplane

Feb 16, 2023
Hi, update.

I still have a lot to do on the roadmap, but we've gotten to about 20 scenes left to translate. According to DLsite this game has about 350 total sex scenes, so taking into account the previous 30 scenes I'm at around 93. I should be done translating (not proofreading) Mikami's side of this part in less than a month at most. There are about 5 NPCs left to go over, while the rest is either defeat scenes or birthing scenes by the demon girls.

Most of this week was proofreading previous scenes and translating new ones, no implementing.

I should mention that this game also includes a "recollection room" for Rai's section with each unique prostitute, as well as a separate recollection room of NTR moments that can occur in the game. I will be translating those too. In addition, I will be translating manual instruction images, as well as any documents the game contains such as update details or notes from the developer. I'm going to treat this as a full package.

Thank you for your hard work brother

talanthalas

Apr 4, 2021
Hi, update.

Ayyy, thank you for taking the time to do this!

RazedToThrill

Feb 22, 2020
Hi, update.

I hardly ever comment, but this is necessary.

I just wanted to say how valuable your time spent translating this behemoth is. Not only are you translating this, but you also provide detailed reports every so often. You're doing an incredible job for someone that should be getting paid quite a bit of money for stuff like this. Thank you so much!

neodymiumx

Jun 5, 2020
Hi, update.

i've been following translation attempts on this since day 1 because I'm a huge fan of this series and everything surrounding it. I knew this was going to be a brutal process because butakoma makes huge games and never provides a translation but wow, this looks incredibly grueling. Massive respect for you and the time you've put into this, if it weren't for you there might be no hope for an official english version of this game at all lmao

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Hi, update.

With Mikami’s part of this section nearing translation completion, I’ve been shifting focus to the smaller parts of this portion I’d like to send out on her side. While I will be sending out Rai’s part alongside Mikami’s, there are still a lot of logistics I’d like to put out such as adding in a hefty amount of unlockable NPCs (through pregnancy), entries in the birthing information book in the elf sanctuary, as well as some small updates to the previous translator’s images, some manual image translations, and things like shop/armor/item/weapon translations along with implementing some CommonEvents occurrences like recording certain sex scenes/birthing scenes and affinity bonuses.

Anyway, lots of good stuff this time around.

I will update Patreon when I am finished but all scenes will be implemented up to this current point, meaning there will be 75 new sex scenes to explore if you haven’t gone past the first boss, so happy hunting for those interested in that. I will update this thread again when I am finished.

74.5/88(?) sex scenes translated,
51/86 sex scenes implemented, (will be 74.5)
40/86 sex scenes proofread.
The .5 is because the scene that I’m currently translating has two variations that are completely different, so even though it’s under a single “scene”, it’s technically the work of two scenes.

If you’ll notice, I’m starting to go through each scene in the “Vitamin Quest 2: Checklist” file and labeling which tags are in each scene (i.e. Slime Defeat 1 has: Bestiality, bondage, creampie, internal view, monster preg, vaginal sex) so that I can make a final tally for the final product. The purpose of this is to specify which tags are more prominent in this game and which tags take a backseat. This way if you were looking for (as an example) titjobs, I can specify that there are X amount of scenes that you can encounter. If the amount of scenes is lower than you’d like, you can make your judgment about how to approach playing the game. I’ve had problems in the past where including a tag that’s only contained in a single scene led to some discontentment, so I’m trying my best to make my translations specify these kinds of things. In addition, there is a separate bundle of tags that include some fetishes not listed on F95. This includes tags like: Scent kink, nipplejob, married couple roleplay, etc. This way you can find specific tags that aren’t classified by normal tags. And there’s a LOT of those in this game.

As a roadmap of things, here’s what I will probably doing:
When I finish Mikami’s part, I will be uploading two files to Patreon, one with *just* the data, and one with the entire game folder. Because I’ve moved from 1.841 to 1.842, you won’t have to scour for the game on your own and can use this version. This includes any image translations I’ve made. I will update people when this happens, but this will not be made publicly available; as stated previously, I will additionally translate Rai’s part along with Mikami’s up to the second boss as a package to send out. This will result in a longer wait, but hopefully means that people can start playing Rai’s part in earnest without having to worry about his large amounts of Japanese images. It won’t be fully translated, but I’ll be able to tackle the basic functions so that people have a foundation to play his part, since it’s a pretty fun management-type section. (Kudhina best girl by the way, fight me.)

In addition, I will set up multiple documents detailing specific locations and places to get it on with NPCs, both named and unnamed. Essentially this is a guide but for sex. Because the story hasn’t progressed too far yet in either part I won’t make too detailed of a guide for the game yet, but I’ll start it in the background.

Because the “DLC,” which is just recollection rooms for Rai’s various conversations with unique NPCs, is part of the base game made for convenience, this will not be included in this part of the translation.

So the timeline is:
  • Finish Mikami’s part
    • Upload to Patreon only
    • Proofread
  • Finish Rai’s part
    • Upload to Patreon only
    • Proofread
  • Work on Guide (Optional)
  • Upload to Public

Please be aware that the Patreon-only versions will not be 100% proofread when they are uploaded, and therefore you may encounter text wrapping errors or your typical spelling/grammar errors. I will have gone through each scene once, but I am sure there are errors I didn't catch on my first trip. This version will also most likely not yet have the previous changes I stated above (such as changing cunt to cunny for loli scenes or changing XX to XXture/XXage). It will have the story and all sex scenes I have stated in the checklist fully translated, however.

There were a lot of comments saying that they appreciate me taking this on, and I’d like to express my gratitude to those who have been patiently waiting and commenting how excited they are for updates. Even if you’re a lurker, it makes me happy knowing you’re checking up on this translation every so often. Those in the discord as well, I appreciate all the discussions and interaction I get there as well, even if it’s off-topic. Special thanks to the people helping me with coding problems, proofreading, image translating, and general help with parts of the game, you guys are amazing.

Translation stuff is down below like always.