RPGM None [Translation Request] Vitamin Quest 2

Bloemkool

Aug 13, 2017
I believe if you press F1, it brings up a menu where you can choose to "Launch in Full Screen".

View attachment 2738587
I should note that I don't like playing in full screen so I've never really tested it, and every time I did it would cause my screen to flicker and fuck up, so I just never used it. Could just be a computer problem for me though.
You got a monitor above 60hz & free/g-sync? If so, cap your fps 3 below refresh rate in rtss or something & in gfx card driver options set the game to not use the freesync stuff but highest refresh rate instead, should stop flicker.

Reactions: Routa013

Lasinitro

Jul 28, 2018
Am i dumb or is the partial eng version just not working? there isn't a single piece of translated dialogue anywhere except for the menus

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Am i dumb or is the partial eng version just not working? there isn't a single piece of translated dialogue anywhere except for the menus
Just to make sure, you're talking about the version on the front page, correct? That one has all the menus translated, but you need to use mtool or use a tool like Translator++ to get to the dialogue because they only translated those, that was the partial part.

Lasinitro

Jul 28, 2018
Just to make sure, you're talking about the version on the front page, correct? That one has all the menus translated, but you need to use mtool or use a tool like Translator++ to get to the dialogue because they only translated those, that was the partial part.
I see, its just that i heard talk about an actual translation for this game floating around, and a version that already had all of the dialogue from the prologue and the scenes translated

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Hi, update.

This week has been spent transferring over CommonEvents dialogue, as well as refurbishing previous sex scenes. 1.842 is just bug fixes so nothing new was added, but my translation is on the latest version now. It's not fully on the latest version, but I will notify people when it is, apologies for those waiting for that.

I actually have a few image translations, but they're in the "Manual" folder of the game. These files outline important aspects of the game, such as what certain statuses do, what each menu contains, details about the girls, etc. Because the game has a lot of features in its gameplay, I figured it could help to translate these parts of the game for people to understand. I've only done a few of the basic descriptions of the girls, but this'll be on the list of things to take care of. This will also extend to Rai's part, as it can be pretty confusing to navigate his gameplay.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I have a new file for people to check out, albeit it's pretty boring. Since proofreading is separate from the translating aspect of the game, I have a separate pdf titled Vitamin Quest 2 Proofreading and Transferring, as some of the text from the public version is untranslated in the new version. To monitor what's been properly moved, this is the document to refer to. It will also contain individual tables with branches for important NPCs as well as different dialogue events in different areas to confirm what's been read over, and what's still in the queue for being checked, though this is mostly for my own benefit. It's very impractical and probably pretty inefficient to track progress in this format compared to other methods, but I can personally sort and digest the information this way.

As always, progress on the translation is down below.

If there's any games people would like to see me translate on the side, please feel free to DM me. While I have a few lined up, I'm always interested in seeing what games are out there I can tackle. It's never a guarantee, I'm only one person, but it's always nice to have options.

May 22, 2021
Hi, update.

This week has been spent transferring over CommonEvents dialogue, as well as refurbishing previous sex scenes. 1.842 is just bug fixes so nothing new was added, but my translation is on the latest version now. It's not fully on the latest version, but I will notify people when it is, apologies for those waiting for that.

I actually have a few image translations, but they're in the "Manual" folder of the game. These files outline important aspects of the game, such as what certain statuses do, what each menu contains, details about the girls, etc. Because the game has a lot of features in its gameplay, I figured it could help to translate these parts of the game for people to understand. I've only done a few of the basic descriptions of the girls, but this'll be on the list of things to take care of. This will also extend to Rai's part, as it can be pretty confusing to navigate his gameplay.

I have a new file for people to check out, albeit it's pretty boring. Since proofreading is separate from the translating aspect of the game, I have a separate pdf titled Vitamin Quest 2 Proofreading and Transferring, as some of the text from the public version is untranslated in the new version. To monitor what's been properly moved, this is the document to refer to. It will also contain individual tables with branches for important NPCs as well as different dialogue events in different areas to confirm what's been read over, and what's still in the queue for being checked, though this is mostly for my own benefit. It's very impractical and probably pretty inefficient to track progress in this format compared to other methods, but I can personally sort and digest the information this way.

As always, progress on the translation is down below.

If there's any games people would like to see me translate on the side, please feel free to DM me. While I have a few lined up, I'm always interested in seeing what games are out there I can tackle. It's never a guarantee, I'm only one person, but it's always nice to have options.
Do you have a compressed download file for joiplay app????

JohnRoe

Dec 21, 2022
Hey Hero(@avervon)
I know you translate it by yourself, but Do you also solo-Proofread, solo-Image cleaning stuff, solo-typeset stuff
I also know you have Discord
Like Manga scanslation group, Can I suggest, divide the workload??
Such as Proofread, Cleaning, Typeset, to other people.
You onlu need to handle Translation, Planning, timetable and Debugging Script yourself

jackz145

Jun 1, 2020
There's a MEGA download on my discord if that works.

If not, then there's these two files on GoFile and Workupload, one of which I believe is a zip file, in case .7z doesn't work well on joiplay.

https://f95zone.to/threads/translation-request-vitamin-quest-2.98965/post-11050430
hi gotta ask if the brothel have any english translation yet? currently im just waiting that part cuz i pretty much finished all mikami's part except brothel

if brothel have some / partial or full english i will play again just to finish off that part, if not yet ill wait till you get there

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Hey Hero(@avervon)
I know you translate it by yourself, but Do you also solo-Proofread, solo-Image cleaning stuff, solo-typeset stuff
I also know you have Discord
Like Manga scanslation group, Can I suggest, divide the workload??
Such as Proofread, Cleaning, Typeset, to other people.
You onlu need to handle Translation, Planning, timetable and Debugging Script yourself
I *technically* do everything by myself, but I have a few people helping from the sidelines on things like proofreading, image cleaning, etc. I assume that scanlation groups can usually divide the workload because it's mutually agreed upon that it's a hobby first and foremost, or the one in charge is paying the others to do their respective circle of work. I feel it's disingenuous to make them work on specific sections of the game when it's not their job to, they just do it on their own time. As the main person translating, I *should* look at these sections personally in addition to the parts people wish to help on, since they're not official titles/roles in the first place. If I contracted them to do so, or if this was a team project, then I agree with your statement that handling specific segments of the game would be better, but I've found that people don't really enjoy when their volunteering becomes work with a deadline.

I'm also not too good with timetables scheduling and whatnot, so that's also a factor.

hi gotta ask if the brothel have any english translation yet? currently im just waiting that part cuz i pretty much finished all mikami's part except brothel

if brothel have some / partial or full english i will play again just to finish off that part, if not yet ill wait till you get there
Unfortunately my specific translation for the brothel is barebones, it's not in a playable state currently. There are people in this thread who have translated portions of the brothel on their own time, but you'll need to comb through for them. One such user is Corazon de Melon, he's done way more than I have on that part specifically.

May 22, 2021

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
The mega download file that you mentioned have a few bugs need to be fixed because I see no arrow of the menu items that I wanted to select and save file to save
Interesting. Would you happen to know if this happens with the untranslated version? There are a few people here using joiplay that I don't recall having this happen to them. It could also be that the plugins this game use are weird to navigate on joiplay. Apologies if it's inconvenient, I playtest this on Windows, so I'm not familiar with joiplay.

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Hi, update.

A lot of new stuff this time around, particularly that a lot of previous names have changed after looking more at Butakoma’s blog. I had a small existential crisis realizing these characters had completely different names.

Anyways, lots of new goodies. Mikami’s story has been translated up until the second boss. That was the easy part, the hard part is the literal mountain of scenes that you can stumble upon in this section.

I haven’t worked on Rai’s section too much, but a decent amount of his interactions with one of the NPCs on his side are translated.

The total number of lines translated in the CommonEvents has jumped up to ~8000 lines, which is about 16%. A long way to go, but hey, it’s 8000 less lines I have to worry about translating. If I only focused on the story, I actually think I’d be done with the entire game since story scenes are quick and short, but that just goes to show how much content Butakoma put into the scenes.

For Patreon users: I will be uploading my current progress to the site, which is on the 1.842 version. Even if you have the previous 1.841 version, it should still be transferable since no major changes were made to the code. It will only be the “Data” folder, you can replace the previous folder with this new one if you so desire.

PLEASE READ BEFORE DOING SO:
Because I am not done going through all the previous scenes, this version will only contain the following scenes for the following NPCs:
All of Dablo’s scenes (old man in Artisan District)
All of Norris’s scenes (man on bench, Residential District)
All of Schict’s scenes (young boy, Residential District)

All previous maps will be translated, as well as most of the new ones, but the rest of the sex scenes haven’t been implemented. In addition, some features haven’t been reimplemented, so some features, such as the DNA certificates, will still be in Japanese. This version will get weekly updates, but please realize that it’s currently incomplete compared to the previous version. This is mostly to start the system up in advance for future updates, so I recommend keeping the current Data folder from the original version.

Translation updates are down below.

Nov 19, 2017
Hi, update.

A lot of new stuff this time around, particularly that a lot of previous names have changed after looking more at Butakoma’s blog. I had a small existential crisis realizing these characters had completely different names.

Anyways, lots of new goodies. Mikami’s story has been translated up until the second boss. That was the easy part, the hard part is the literal mountain of scenes that you can stumble upon in this section.

I haven’t worked on Rai’s section too much, but a decent amount of his interactions with one of the NPCs on his side are translated.

The total number of lines translated in the CommonEvents has jumped up to ~8000 lines, which is about 16%. A long way to go, but hey, it’s 8000 less lines I have to worry about translating. If I only focused on the story, I actually think I’d be done with the entire game since story scenes are quick and short, but that just goes to show how much content Butakoma put into the scenes.

For Patreon users: I will be uploading my current progress to the site, which is on the 1.842 version. Even if you have the previous 1.841 version, it should still be transferable since no major changes were made to the code. It will only be the “Data” folder, you can replace the previous folder with this new one if you so desire.

PLEASE READ BEFORE DOING SO:
Because I am not done going through all the previous scenes, this version will only contain the following scenes for the following NPCs:
All of Dablo’s scenes (old man in Artisan District)
All of Norris’s scenes (man on bench, Residential District)
All of Schict’s scenes (young boy, Residential District)

All previous maps will be translated, as well as most of the new ones, but the rest of the sex scenes haven’t been implemented. In addition, some features haven’t been reimplemented, so some features, such as the DNA certificates, will still be in Japanese. This version will get weekly updates, but please realize that it’s currently incomplete compared to the previous version. This is mostly to start the system up in advance for future updates, so I recommend keeping the current Data folder from the original version.

Translation updates are down below.

Yo let me get that discord server invite

lookyout

Nov 30, 2020
I assume the best option would be to get said missing file/animation from a source that has it. Is there a name that pops up that you could give me? I could send you the animation/file that it's giving an error for.
I downloaded the less compressed version, and while playing I get the error, "unable to find audio/se" followed by two japanese characters and the literal number "2". I have zero knowledge on what they're called, but I'd describe the first character as one resembling the number "5" with the next looking close to a "o" with a line through it.

Another one, "unable to find graphics/animation tor" .
Should I download a different version?

Update: Just download the normal version lol (it works!)

The slightly less compressed version is too broken .

Last edited:

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
I downloaded the less compressed version, and while playing I get the error, "unable to find audio/se" followed by two japanese characters and the literal number "2". I have zero knowledge on what they're called, but I'd describe the first character as one resembling the number "5" with the next looking close to a "o" with a line through it.

Another one, "unable to find graphics/animation tor" .
Should I download a different version?

Update: Just download the normal version lol (it works!)

The slightly less compressed version is too broken .
I can never understand why there are different errors with different file types and what they do. The less compressed version I used a zip folder to compress the folder in, the normal one is .7z file, nothing is different besides that.

Thank you for the information though, I'll keep that in mind moving forward for future releases.

Reactions: lookyout and Nerro