RPGM None [Translation Request] Vitamin Quest 2

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
wtf, did MEGA change their download quota? i couldn't even downlaod the whole file before i got hit with a 6 hour cooldown. is there any other place to get it?
Very wacky request but does anyone mind uploading a less compressed version of this MTL? I use JoiPlay to play RPGM games on my phone cuz it ain't safe to play on the only PC when it's shared with other family members, and this game is like the first time ever on this site that I run into an archive that my phone simply cannot extract

Now that you're mentioning it, it's probably due to the Japanese regarding 4 as the number of death, really a more common trope than I thought
In case you still need them, I made workupload and gofile versions of the folder.

Ah, and for the less compressed version, I made one that's in a zip file so that it's less compressed.

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
i know what the circles and x's mean but what does the traingle mean lol
From what I was thinking while translating them:

The game, during sex scenes, will repeatedly use symbols like circles and triangles to censor certain words. I am almost certain they are using words such as “underaged,” since they happen primarily when Mikami is a loli. “immature” or “unripened” could be used here too. If the word comes after an “an”, it was most likely written with “underaged” in mind. If the word comes after an “a”, it was most likely written with “minor/kid” in mind. The original words appear to be "wakai" and "kodomo", as the circles had an "i" at the end of them, and the triangles had a "k" to start with.

saynu

Aug 15, 2017
From what I was thinking while translating them:

The game, during sex scenes, will repeatedly use symbols like circles and triangles to censor certain words. I am almost certain they are using words such as “underaged,” since they happen primarily when Mikami is a loli. “immature” or “unripened” could be used here too. If the word comes after an “an”, it was most likely written with “underaged” in mind. If the word comes after an “a”, it was most likely written with “minor/kid” in mind. The original words appear to be "wakai" and "kodomo", as the circles had an "i" at the end of them, and the triangles had a "k" to start with.
You should put as many triangles as what you think the word is instead of just one or two then.

Mrxhentai

Feb 3, 2022
I think I have found a problem, and that is that the physical attack status does not level up in combat, in the version that I have without translating it does level up. (game on joiplay)

Either way it's great work. thanks for all the effort

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
I think I have found a problem, and that is that the physical attack status does not level up in combat, in the version that I have without translating it does level up. (game on joiplay)

Either way it's great work. thanks for all the effort
I just tested it out on my computer, so at the very least it works on PC. Just making sure, you're using Mikami's skills like Sonic Blow and Crosshatch, right?

I'd have to download joiplay myself to see if I can replicate what's happening on your end.

You should put as many triangles as what you think the word is instead of just one or two then.
I'll see if that's possible, my only concern is whether it takes up too much space since they were made with kanji in mind rather than english words, so you'll just see eight triangles in a row which might not look the best. I could substitute the actual words I want to use, but I also want to keep the symbols in since the original developer put them in. Maybe I could find a balance where I censor part of the word and type out the rest. I'd just need to go back and redo the word wrapping for sentences with this.

Reactions: Mrxhentai

Whotfisthis

May 30, 2021
May have been reported before but I'm seeing enemies take like at least twice as much damage as their health bars say they could, also the bars don't seem to deplete in combat

Then again I'm playing on JoiPlay
If any issues turn out to be JoiPlay-only and you could fix them that would be really nice, but unless they're painfully gamebreaking you probably shouldn't priortize fixing them that much. Translating is the bulk of the work and the game is massive anyways

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
May have been reported before but I'm seeing enemies take like at least twice as much damage as their health bars say they could, also the bars don't seem to deplete in combat

Then again I'm playing on JoiPlay
If any issues turn out to be JoiPlay-only and you could fix them that would be really nice, but unless they're painfully gamebreaking you probably shouldn't priortize fixing them that much. Translating is the bulk of the work and the game is massive anyways
I know the reason for that, the bar you're seeing is the EP bar. It's not their HP, you need to use service skills like Demon's Service and Oral Fellatio to deplete this bar. Once it reaches 0, any attack that does 1+ damage will defeat them. If you notice, the first boss doesn't have this bar because it's impossible to use service skills on them. It's a confusing UI thing, but it's explained in the bookshelves in the Elf Sanctuary to the right.

KryzstofGryc

Jun 7, 2018
I noticed that if I go over your translations versus the untranslated ones, the skip function doesn't work, am I the only one having this?

donwastetime

Aug 30, 2019
I try to load JP version of saved in translated version but it is still japanese D:, i have to start from zero again ? >:

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
I noticed that if I go over your translations versus the untranslated ones, the skip function doesn't work, am I the only one having this?
I just tried it on an untranslated version and my version and it's working okay on my end. Both are version 1.841, and Ctrl is set to the skip button. I know that like the first five lines of the game aren't skippable because it uses a specific function in the RPG MV editor, but the line "My name is Mikami." is where you can start skipping lines.

Reactions: KryzstofGryc

KryzstofGryc

Jun 7, 2018
I just tried it on an untranslated version and my version and it's working okay on my end. Both are version 1.841, and Ctrl is set to the skip button. I know that like the first five lines of the game aren't skippable because it uses a specific function in the RPG MV editor, but the line "My name is Mikami." is where you can start skipping lines.
Oh ok sorry I started skipping there, sorry

deekinftw

Mar 22, 2018
Is all the menus and such for the guy's side of the game translated? Like, I don't mean the scenes or anything, just the menus to actually handle the brothel management thing he's supposed to be doing.

Mrxhentai

Feb 3, 2022
Acabo de probarlo en mi computadora, así que al menos funciona en la PC. Solo asegurándome de que estás usando las habilidades de Mikami como Sonic Blow y Crosshatch, ¿verdad?

Tendría que descargar joiplay yo mismo para ver si puedo replicar lo que está sucediendo en tu extremo.
[/CITA]
Oh danm, you're right with the skills i can goes up the physical damage status. I thought he also levels up with basic attacks. sorry man

JankiesTanker

Jul 29, 2020
i would say considering its... 2.1gb above plus perhaps the files are encrypted, i would say for anyone is actually trying or on-going to translate vitamin quest 2 is a massive hell of a task considering the text files for it are like 9 to 10mb above (which is already quite if not alot.) (plus perhaps the issue of some parts of the game that affect because of the translations might happen. perhaps.)

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Is all the menus and such for the guy's side of the game translated? Like, I don't mean the scenes or anything, just the menus to actually handle the brothel management thing he's supposed to be doing.
Right now, no. That's a long time in the future until all of it is translated. It will be when I finish this thing.

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
i would say considering its... 2.1gb above plus perhaps the files are encrypted, i would say for anyone is actually trying or on-going to translate vitamin quest 2 is a massive hell of a task considering the text files for it are like 9 to 10mb above (which is already quite if not alot.) (plus perhaps the issue of some parts of the game that affect because of the translations might happen. perhaps.)
The "some parts of the game being affected" part really only happens if I fuck with the variables of the game in ways I don't understand, for example if I change the variable of "Mikami needs to give birth to 3 children" to "Nelpura check for pregnancy", because then the game derps out since it's been assigned a variable that isn't doing what it's meant to do. A problem with MTL translations is that the parser *will* translate things that shouldn't be translated; if you know how to navigate the editor, this problem becomes less problematic.

Also yes, this is a very big task, but I like this game and it's fun so I can spare the effort and time it takes to work on it. Thankfully the Mikami images have already been translated by someone, but I'm going to re-edit a large portion of his translations anyway, so that's fun.

JankiesTanker

Jul 29, 2020
The "some parts of the game being affected" part really only happens if I fuck with the variables of the game in ways I don't understand, for example if I change the variable of "Mikami needs to give birth to 3 children" to "Nelpura check for pregnancy", because then the game derps out since it's been assigned a variable that isn't doing what it's meant to do. A problem with MTL translations is that the parser *will* translate things that shouldn't be translated; if you know how to navigate the editor, this problem becomes less problematic.

Also yes, this is a very big task, but I like this game and it's fun so I can spare the effort and time it takes to work on it. Thankfully the Mikami images have already been translated by someone, but I'm going to re-edit a large portion of his translations anyway, so that's fun.
wish all luck for your progress, perhaps once this is fully translated, this is a another Translated RPGM-H Gem Game for in this site to come out.