RPGM None [Translation Request] Vitamin Quest 2

Wataterp

Jan 27, 2019
I should mention that I usually do public releases on a part-by-part basis. For example, I released a version of this that included 30 sex scenes and all story translated up to the first boss.

The next part (the one I'm working on) is about triple that size, with 90 sex scenes and an additional character's part.

This way people can enjoy segments of the game if they'd rather digest it slowly rather than have to wait for the entire game all at once.
Where did you release the public version? And what's your patreon?

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Hi, update.

This week was spent on polishing/working on images on both sides.

I have created a fairly standard document that documents the total number of images/maps, their percentages, and details like how many lines are translated vs how many lines are there in total. This way, people can get a good grasp of the total scope of how much of the game is translated. It’s not complete yet, but I will steadily add to this document sometime in the future. This file is called “Vitamin Quest 2 Images and Maps.” I will also try to give some short, general updates as to how the current part is going, such as potential ETAs when possible, where I’m at and other details.

I am currently working on multiple things on both sides image-wise:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As far as uploading a public version of part 2 I am looking to release it in a few months, 2-3 is a good estimate but this might change.

I think what I might do is stop at translating all the game’s encounterable dialogue on both sides before working on the next part so that I’m not stuck in image translation hell before the second part comes out. I’ll get the big stuff out of the way, but minute details will be an ongoing process.

This means that Rai’s gameplay part will be somewhat playable, but all of his images won’t be translated. All dialogue will be translated, however.

For Rai’s dialogue dilemna where each girl seems to have different personalities based on different variables, here’s what I know and will assume:
There are four interactions with each girl once you scout them: Scared, Resentful, Friendly, and Mundane. From the looks of it, each girl starts out as Mundane. I'm going to assume that Scared is obtained if you increase their submissiveness, while increasing their dominance leads to Resentful. Friendly may be an outlier in which it depends on whether you give them gifts or not, but all of this hasn’t been tested yet.

Because the only map I haven't translated in full on Mikami's side is the Kahu River Hillside Inn, I've swung to Rai's side for the time being.

Translation stuff down below is only limited to the translation and map progress, as no new maps or relevant proofreading was done. Please be aware that the "Images and Maps" pdf is incomplete and only represents a small portion of what will make up the entire document.

Last edited:

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Is there a shitty ai translated version? I can't hold it in my pants anymore.
ITS TREASON THEN

From what people have said previously, you need Mtool to translate the majority of the text.

Mikami's images are translated but Rai's aren't, meaning you'll probably be very confused about how to play his section.

Attempts to translate it via Translator++ are a no-go because the CommonEvents file is so damn long it actually force quits due to either its size or something else in the file. At least, that's been my experience with it.

There's a guide at the beginning of this thread that I believe is how most people played the game when it first came out.

Cryptz

Dec 28, 2017
Attempts to translate it via Translator++ are a no-go because the CommonEvents file is so damn long it actually force quits ...
So true.
I tried edit-MTLing it for myself since MTool TL freezes my brain back way before you start the project. Every time Translator++ attempts to create a new CommonEvents file, it always breaks. Using a different version of Translator++ didn't work either. Leaving it untranslated is something that shouldn't be done if one were going to translate the game since most scenes were in that file.

Seeing your translation notes each week gives me a lead on what would I miss if one were to MTL the game.

JankiesTanker

Jul 29, 2020
So true.
I tried edit-MTLing it for myself since MTool TL freezes my brain back way before you start the project. Every time Translator++ attempts to create a new CommonEvents file, it always breaks. Using a different version of Translator++ didn't work either. Leaving it untranslated is something that shouldn't be done if one were going to translate the game since most scenes were in that file.

Seeing your translation notes each week gives me a lead on what would I miss if one were to MTL the game.
its a common occurrence that MTL will break the files of an Untranslated RPGM Game, eventually its not all automatic as you need at least few knowledge about RPGM Maker so those text and lines ain't going to strike back with 6000 errors and 20 crashes.

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Hi, update. This week was spent getting the big menus for Rai’s side done, as well as experimenting with the girls that can be recruited on his side.

A lot of the menus are now updated, particularly:

To update my previous belief about different dialogues, they are actually determined by the natures of the different prostitutes. For example, if a girl has the “Altruistic” nature, they will most likely be scared when talking to you. But if they were to have the ‘Hard to Please” nature, they will most likely be resentful towards you. However, different natures take priority over others when combined together. For example, the “Devoted” nature will most likely cause them to act friendly towards you; however, some girls with a combination of “Devoted + Gloomy” may result in a mundane interaction if they contain one.

I have a list of currently compiled cases as to what has resulted in which personalities. It is not comprehensive, but they’ve helped me access different dialogue because of it.

Interestingly, there’s actually not *too* much dialogue in Rai’s part because the work is contained mostly in his brothel images. I could actually finish his dialogue in less than a month. There are around 8 common prostitutes you can scout, and 1 unique prostitute.

As always, translation stuff is down below. Because no work was done on the Checklist, it will not be included down below.

Cryptz

Dec 28, 2017
its a common occurrence that MTL will break the files of an Untranslated RPGM Game, eventually its not all automatic as you need at least few knowledge about RPGM Maker so those text and lines ain't going to strike back with 6000 errors and 20 crashes.
I'm saying that in this case, the game breaks the translation app, not the other way around.

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Not gonna lie ive never been a fan of these kinds of overly designed fonts but this looks good.
In general I try to match fonts with their original style. A lot of Kyrie's dialogue, for example, looks like it's handwritten, so I wanted to find a font that matched. Similarly, a lot of their profile names are "stick-like" and stylized so I tried to find one that looked similar. They're Closely Related and DomoAregato respectively.