RPGM None [Translation Request] Vitamin Quest 2

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Hello.

To those of you interested, all current scenes have been implemented and updated in the current data folder on patreon. These are the scenes if any people need specifics:

Prostitution 1A (Not proofread)
Saburo Sex 2 (Not proofread)
Saburo Service 2 (Not proofread)
Birth, Village: Nelpura 1 (Not proofread)
Roderick Sex 2 (Not proofread)
Roderick Service 2 (Not proofread)
Pyurano x Tokuemon Sex 2 (Not proofread)
Kato Sex 2 (Not proofread)
Kato Service 2 (Not proofread)
Small Orc Defeat 1 (Not proofread)
Small Orc Defeat 2 (Not proofread)
Small Orc: Group Defeat 1 (Not proofread)
Small Orc: Group Defeat 2 (Not proofread)
Sieg Sex 2 (Not proofread)
Sieg Service 2 (Not proofread) (Adult side not done)

That is all.

jackz145

Jun 1, 2020
Hello.

To those of you interested, all current scenes have been implemented and updated in the current data folder on patreon. These are the scenes if any people need specifics:

Prostitution 1A (Not proofread)
Saburo Sex 2 (Not proofread)
Saburo Service 2 (Not proofread)
Birth, Village: Nelpura 1 (Not proofread)
Roderick Sex 2 (Not proofread)
Roderick Service 2 (Not proofread)
Pyurano x Tokuemon Sex 2 (Not proofread)
Kato Sex 2 (Not proofread)
Kato Service 2 (Not proofread)
Small Orc Defeat 1 (Not proofread)
Small Orc Defeat 2 (Not proofread)
Small Orc: Group Defeat 1 (Not proofread)
Small Orc: Group Defeat 2 (Not proofread)
Sieg Sex 2 (Not proofread)
Sieg Service 2 (Not proofread) (Adult side not done)

That is all.
I can try help with proofread, if u share, afaik best result would be several proofreader

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Hi, update.

Apologies for the late update, as I usually do this on Sundays. But that’s because I spent today finishing the final sex scenes of this part, meaning 89 full scenes have been translated and implemented. Assuming each scene is around 100 lines, you now have nearly 9000 lines of dialogue to explore since the first part. There may be some scenes I am unaware of through specific conditions, but these are the ones that seem to be accessible before you encounter the second boss. Please be aware that this does not mean Mikami's part is fully translated, as some maps and variables have yet to be translated.

The stats are:

89/89 sex scenes translated,
89/89 sex scenes implemented,
40/89 sex scenes proofread.

There will also need to be some time spent on smaller details such as:
  • Text wrapping for NPC sex information
  • Translating Birthing Info for possible entries of Mikami, Nelpura, Peridia and Pyurano
  • Translating images relevant to Mikami’s side
  • Skills, armors, items
  • Uhhhhhhhh
  • General touch ups on enemy skills
  • A bunch of coding stuff that’s literally just making sure text boxes say the right thing

I will also be switching focus to Rai’s part, as a lot of his effort comes in the form of images. There’s also an interesting problem where I can’t access some dialogue between him and his prostitutes because they will say different things depending on their “personality”. This is influenced by multiple factors, some of which I assume are: their submissiveness/dominance, their relationship with Rai, what gifts you give to them, etc. I will need to do testing on what variables influence their dialogue.

Because the new version (1.843) is only bug fixes and typos from its description, I won’t be updating this part to 1.843 for now. It will be updated to 1.843 after the third boss.

For those that want to help proofreading the game, here’s what I will try to do:

On Discord I will create a channel for people who would like to help out where they can receive a copy of the current status of the game. If you want to join my server, the invite link is in my signature. Message/DM me and I will give you access to this. I don’t expect daily updates or whatever, any help is appreciated as long as proofreading is done in some capacity. This version will not include some features such as translated images.

Anyway, translation stuff is down below.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Could you please give us a rough estimate on a Eta on full finished translation?
At this time I cannot. This is because of how large the game is and how many unknown factors I may run into in the future.

For scope I have completed about 120 total H-scenes, and the game promotes it as having 250+ scenes; from a quick recount there's about 350 dedicated scenes. This doesn't account for the random NPC sex scenes, which is usually around 3-4 per map, some of which change over time.

Then I have about 300 maps of varying sizes, some of which have about 1000 lines of dialogue (though some don't have any at all and serve as "folders" to group maps together).

On Rai's side I have 2000 images to translate, and I need to go over Mikami's images because there's some translation errors I need to fix.

Despite the CommonEvents file having about 16000 lines completed, I still have about 34000 lines to go.

If the creator ever has any updates, I will also need to consider how to move my data to the new version, as it's not as simple as injecting everything in one go.

It'll be at least another year until I can say I've made "decent" progress, unfortunately.

tl;dr: no

except kind of a little

MasterN64

Apr 29, 2020
I didnt realize you still had so much work to do in the general translation since most of your posts are just updates on the h scenes. Might be worth it to at least off hand mention the progress of the general content in the updates as well just to temper everyones expectations. I myself thought we were gonna see a full release in a few months considering how fast you blew through what you had listed in your updates. Like nothing crazy in depth just a "much of the general content is currently untranslated" kind of blurb. Im honestly a bit surprised there is a lot of content outside of h scenes since many games skimp and go full bare bones on that kind of stuff.

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
I didnt realize you still had so much work to do in the general translation since most of your posts are just updates on the h scenes. Might be worth it to at least off hand mention the progress of the general content in the updates as well just to temper everyones expectations. I myself thought we were gonna see a full release in a few months considering how fast you blew through what you had listed in your updates. Like nothing crazy in depth just a "much of the general content is currently untranslated" kind of blurb. Im honestly a bit surprised there is a lot of content outside of h scenes since many games skimp and go full bare bones on that kind of stuff.
My apologies then, I didn't realize my updates were misleading in that sense. I made an off-hand comment saying it would take multiple parts a while ago to someone, maybe 8-10 I believe I said? I realized that might be a misleading estimate for people because sex scenes will diminish in scope the further I go (For example Part 2 has 90 scenes and Part 3 may have more, but since there are essentially three major places for sex scenes, the amount will most likely decrease after the third boss because they'll be sparser). But from my updates I do fail to mention the rest of the game in a cohesive manner.

The CommonEvents file/map is the bulk of the work since it totals 50,000 lines by itself, so that's what I've been putting focus on in my updates, and even now I'm nowhere near halfway done with it from the updates I've put out.

What I could do is put additional documents detailing the image translation progress and map progress in lesser detail. Just numbers like the percentages of each map and the number of images left out of a total. I'll also put a general "this part is near completion" kind of thing

I should mention that in the Proofreading and Transferring file each map has its corresponding events that you can interact with such as NPCs, their sex scenes, and small tidbits of dialogue. It's 50 pages though and is hard to navigate because it's mostly for my sake, but it includes information on, for example, birthing information progress, and the different "states" Mikami can be in for sex scenes (i.e. Loli vs Adult, Clothed vs Naked, Pregnant vs Normal).

Just to clarify, Part 2, which is all content before the second boss, is something I could realistically release to the public in a few months. But the game as a whole is going to take much longer.

Last edited:

Whotfisthis

May 30, 2021
Damn
Really goes to show how hard Bukatoma was cooking when making this game
Once again I gotta pay averon respect for manually translating something like this

MasterN64

Apr 29, 2020
Oh no no no never apologize for something like this. You did nothing wrong and everyone appreciates you taking on this project and what you are doing. I just wanted to offer some advice on avoiding the whole "can we get an ETA" question from creeping up after every weekly update when the game is so far out from a release. Dont worry about it too much or put too much effort into the whole thing. Being transparent on whats going on is always a good thing done with the best intentions and everyone will agree with that. Its just that as presented it came as a big misleading is all. No harm no foul though.

I for one appreciate the weekly updates but honestly you are almost putting in too much effort into them. I would be perfectly happy with just a few lines along the lines of "I finished the rough translation of the H scenes but many are awaiting proofreading. There is still much to go as this is a small fraction of the translation required and there is a massive amount of image editing to do." If that was all i got i would be happy. I just want to know you havnt disappeared and are still working on it. Thats it. Im honestly worried you might burn yourself out if you are putting this much effort into a simple update post lol. Take it easy. Plug away what you can how you can and just keep in touch. Being TOO transparent is just extra workload for you that can burn you out harder. Nobody wants that.

Reactions: Drybear

Drybear

Aug 31, 2020
^ I agree bro. avervon this is a massive undertaking and mad respect to you, no need to burn out with update posts, but if you want f95 thumbs up points I gotchuuu

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
Oh no no no never apologize for something like this. You did nothing wrong and everyone appreciates you taking on this project and what you are doing. I just wanted to offer some advice on avoiding the whole "can we get an ETA" question from creeping up after every weekly update when the game is so far out from a release. Dont worry about it too much or put too much effort into the whole thing. Being transparent on whats going on is always a good thing done with the best intentions and everyone will agree with that. Its just that as presented it came as a big misleading is all. No harm no foul though.

I for one appreciate the weekly updates but honestly you are almost putting in too much effort into them. I would be perfectly happy with just a few lines along the lines of "I finished the rough translation of the H scenes but many are awaiting proofreading. There is still much to go as this is a small fraction of the translation required and there is a massive amount of image editing to do." If that was all i got i would be happy. I just want to know you havnt disappeared and are still working on it. Thats it. Im honestly worried you might burn yourself out if you are putting this much effort into a simple update post lol. Take it easy. Plug away what you can how you can and just keep in touch. Being TOO transparent is just extra workload for you that can burn you out harder. Nobody wants that.
^ I agree bro. avervon this is a massive undertaking and mad respect to you, no need to burn out with update posts, but if you want f95 thumbs up points I gotchuuu
I understand.

Honestly speaking burnout isn't something that seems to be a problem with updates, I actually look forward to presenting my work. Most of the notes and upkeep I do is for personal use anyway, I just offer it to people who are interested in the process and what the specifics look like. The portion of the update that takes me the most time is explaining what's happening, which still feels nice to do. The rest is copy-pasting whatever I wrote in the three files into the tabs for ease of access.

I'm used to making reports like this because of previous work, it's a habit of mine to document any progress I make.

It's also just a good way for me to motivate myself on a weekly basis.

MasterN64

Apr 29, 2020
Thats cool then. I thought it all seemed like you were just one of those super organized meticulous people that documents everything but its always hard to tell. I was just a little worried you were pushing yourself to do it. If it works for you then by all means.

Sangaze

Oct 20, 2017
So roughly a year or even two before this is translated. I'd be dammed. But well, better late than never. Looking forward to it.

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
So roughly a year or even two before this is translated. I'd be dammed. But well, better late than never. Looking forward to it.
I should mention that I usually do public releases on a part-by-part basis. For example, I released a version of this that included 30 sex scenes and all story translated up to the first boss.

The next part (the one I'm working on) is about triple that size, with 90 sex scenes and an additional character's part.

This way people can enjoy segments of the game if they'd rather digest it slowly rather than have to wait for the entire game all at once.