RPGM [Translation Request] Widowed Priest Giselle Will Sell Her Body for Revenge

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
well that was funo_O
i can't pin point the reason why the fighting in the maps is broken
Shisaye it up to you buddy ,here is my deepl trans file to save you some time(y)
You give up rather quickly, but alright I'll take a look.

Edit:
looking at that transfile I immediately see some lines that should not be translated.
For example in Map002 you translated something as "<C_Color Tone:OFF>" that is not dialogue you would see in-game but a command. The original engine version used is Japanese so for it to understand the commands correctly they need to be Japanese, too.
Next obvious one (not mentioning repeats) would be in Map006 your translation "[Traget]<Egauge:40>". That is another command and it doesn't understand the word "Target" here because it expects the Japanese. Another one in Map010 "ID: 102 Emo." Emo needs to still be Japanese and it cannot have those spaces and the dot. Another example in Map064 "Key input auto-off" again a command that needs to be Japanese to work.
Also in Map064 "Get Item" and "For movement restriction"

Another issue is that you left in the DeepL AI errors. "I'm not sure what to do but I'm going to do it" and such.
There is no easy way to automate fixing that in Translator++ your best bet is to replace those entries with Google-Translate manually.
A good way to find all the different AI error phrases is to search for these:
great way
good idea
sure you'll
sure you've
away with
not the only
not going
not sure

Edit2: In general when in doubt that it is actually something that would show up as text in-game get rid of it, but it's not always as obvious. Sometimes you just need to do trial and error.
For example in Map057 is a line you translated as "Adventurer quest 07". That could be the name of a quest in a questlog, or it could be a pointer towards an event called that in Japanese. If it's for a questlog you need to translate it, if it's a pointer translating it will break the game.
You can't really know that unless you try.

Edit3: There's too much stuff to list here. I will work on a DMTL, but this game isn't super short so this might take a few days.

Last edited:

broken_division

Compressor
Oct 4, 2017
You give up rather quickly, but alright I'll take a look.

Edit:
looking at that transfile I immediately see some lines that should not be translated.
For example in Map002 you translated something as "<C_Color Tone:OFF>" that is not dialogue you would see in-game but a command. The original engine version used is Japanese so for it to understand the commands correctly they need to be Japanese, too.
Next obvious one (not mentioning repeats) would be in Map006 your translation "[Traget]<Egauge:40>". That is another command and it doesn't understand the word "Target" here because it expects the Japanese. Another one in Map010 "ID: 102 Emo." Emo needs to still be Japanese and it cannot have those spaces and the dot. Another example in Map064 "Key input auto-off" again a command that needs to be Japanese to work.
Also in Map064 "Get Item" and "For movement restriction"

Another issue is that you left in the DeepL AI errors. "I'm not sure what to do but I'm going to do it" and such.
There is no easy way to automate fixing that in Translator++ your best bet is to replace those entries with Google-Translate manually.
A good way to find all the different AI error phrases is to search for these:
great way
good idea
sure you'll
sure you've
away with
not the only
not going
not sure

Edit2: In general when in doubt that it is actually something that would show up as text in-game get rid of it, but it's not always as obvious. Sometimes you just need to do trial and error.
For example in Map057 is a line you translated as "Adventurer quest 07". That could be the name of a quest in a questlog, or it could be a pointer towards an event called that in Japanese. If it's for a questlog you need to translate it, if it's a pointer translating it will break the game.
You can't really know that unless you try.

Edit3: There's too much stuff to list here. I will work on a DMTL, but this game isn't super short so this might take a few days.
Sorry that i let you explain all those thinks.
Yeap i removed all the mysterious code from the translation and kept the original Javanese ones (anything with % and <>)
Also i didn't notice the AI errors so to speak great way....... i saw another line like
Yes no,yes no instead of yes,no :LOL:

It was quick because i only tried the first 10 maps in order to figure out the fight mechanism
My bad i didn't upload my 'fixed(broken)' version for the 10 first maps
(Edit2: good to know:coffee:)

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Sorry that i let you explain all those thinks.
Yeap i removed all the mysterious code from the translation and kept the original Javanese ones (anything with % and <>)
Also i didn't notice the AI errors so to speak great way....... i saw another line like
Yes no,yes no instead of yes,no :LOL:

It was quick because i only tried the first 10 maps in order to figure out the fight mechanism
My bad i didn't upload my 'fixed(broken)' version for the 10 first maps
(Edit2: good to know:coffee:)
Yeah working with DeepL can really make you question your life choices. The amount of errors is why my stuff always takes so long, but I want to provide a better product than MTool.

This game has some pretty annoying stuff in it, like the amount of addlog commands, or completely needless repeats of color codes. I'm about 2/3 through the commonevents.json now and I've seen a lot of stuff that could cause problems. I will have to do quite a bit of trial and error.

Long story short: I don't fault you for having problems with this one, while not the worst I've seen, it's pretty unorthodox in places.

Edit: About half done now, this one is really tedious.
Edit2: I'll probably leave most of the questlog untranslated, calling this formatting annoying would be quite the understatement. If There's a huge amount of demand I'll do it but you basically have to do a full playthrough to find the damn entries. It's not even slightly sorted.

Last edited:
Reactions: broken_division

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Here's a slightly edited DeepL/Google hybrid MTL for the version shared here including scripts/plugins.

Please specifically use the new game version from jb281472's post, or you will run into issues.
For this game to extract and start properly you need to switch your system locale to Japanese(Japan) or use another locale method.
If you are on windows 10 and it didn't seem to work (files have gibberish names instead of Japanese) please read this Locale tutorial.

If you still experience slowdowns in the town, please try disabling the Minimap.
Open the "plugins.js" in the "www/js" folder with notepad(++), search for "KMS_Minimap" or go to Line 449.
Then change
"status": true,
to
"status": false,

Known issues:
Picture based text not translated.
There's 1192 pictures with text in them. (Mostly those speech bubbles.)
There is no way in hell I'm going to manually draw text on all those.

Changelog:
2.0 Update to latest game version, the addition of missing text based translations and some general bugfixes.

If you experience a crash, game-breaking bug or seriously broken text please post me a screenshot and a short description when it happened. Providing a save just before the problem occurs would drastically increase the speed of the fixing process.

Last edited:

Airell

Developer of Love and Corruption
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
CobraPL Could you compress this, please? It's a little too heavy for Mega to handle. lol
Game raw posted above -

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
CobraPL Could you compress this, please? It's a little too heavy for Mega to handle. lol
Game raw posted above -

Compressed. Please report any issues. I had an issue with specific tiny PNG. I fixed that but tell me anyway in case of any problems.
BUG report sent to PINGA dev.

Airell

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017

Compressed. Please report any issues. I had an issue with specific tiny PNG. I fixed that but tell me anyway in case of any problems.
BUG report sent to PINGA dev.
Problem.
1645226091593.png

Reactions: boutade

Airell

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017

Had to use special compatible ECT optimizer. Less gain, but best compatibility.
This game is weird, I've never had problems like in this game...
Hmm, I thought the optimizer only played on media files. Audios, images, sprites and videos. Does this seem to touch the scripts as well?

Edit: Shisaye The translation is causing this problem. After applying the patch, it causes the PNG bug.

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Hmm, I thought the optimizer only played on media files. Audios, images, sprites and videos. Does this seem to touch the scripts as well?

Edit: Shisaye The translation is causing this problem. After applying the patch, it causes the PNG bug.
When does that happen? I played till the 4. quest (2. in town) and I've encountered no errors at all.
"Iconset.rpgmvp" is a normal existing file in www/img/system, that has nothing to do with my translation.

Edit: I should mention I never used that mega link because it wasnt working for me (the download kept getting stuck). I got v1.0 from hentai-sharing.

Last edited:
Reactions: broken_division

Airell

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
When does that happen? I played till the 4. quest (2. in town) and I've encountered no errors at all.
"Iconset.rpgmvp" is a normal existing file in www/img/system, that has nothing to do with my translation.

Edit: I should mention I never used that mega link because it wasnt working for me (the download kept getting stuck). I got v1.0 from hentai-sharing.
I simply downloaded the compressed version that CobraPL posted, and then tested it, it works normally without the patch. But after applying your patch, it causes the PNG error once the game runs.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I simply downloaded the compressed version that CobraPL posted, and then tested it, it works normally without the patch. But after applying your patch, it causes the PNG error once the game runs.
If you use the original v1.0 that error doesn't occur with my translation.
That compressed thing is not the original.

Edit: The reason it can't find the file is because that version has the encryption removed. It's supposed to be in ".rpgmvp" format instead of ".png". I would have to remake the DMTL specifically for a decrypted version to make that compatible. (But ofc then it stops working for the normal game version.)

Last edited:

Airell

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
If you use the original v1.0 that error doesn't occur with my translation.
That compressed thing is not the original.

Edit: The reason it can't find the file is because that version has the encryption removed. It's supposed to be in ".rpgmvp" format instead of ".png". I would have to remake the DMTL specifically for a decrypted version to make that compatible. (But ofc then it stops working for the normal game version.)
Yeah, from what I see the problem can only be what you said. I don't know of links to the original version though.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
While we're at the whole requesting download links topic: v1.0 is outdated and potentially buggy.
I just worked on it because it was the version BD worked on and I couldn't find any download links for the latest version. (Normally I would wait for someone to provide the latest version before working on something.)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If someone would provide the latest version I would obviously remake the DMTL for it.

Last edited:

Airell

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
This is problematic and confusing... We have MTL, but for some strange reason it doesn't work. Does anyone have the latest version of this one?

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I finally got my hands on the finished game with all official patches and I'm working on a completely new DMTL.
But due to the "nature" of that "competent" Game-Release thread and the many issues with this game's formatting I can't just publish prototypes as usual. If I put something out there it needs to already be properly tested.

Long story short I would need someone willing to test unfinished prototypes and write me detailed reports whenever they encounter a crash, broken mechanic, or missing translation.

If someone is willing to do that please pm me. (Start conversation)
I didn't actually finish the first version yet (I'm at roughly 40% of the first pass), but I wanted put this out here already.

Edit: Found someone, but the more the merrier.
First pass complete now. Parts of the combat and main logs are still broken, but I'm making good progress.
Edit2: Btw in case that wasn't obvious I'm not going to translate the 1192 pictures with text on them. The speech bubbles will stay Japanese.
Edit3: New translation is "technically" done but even the final official version seems to still have bugs. Trying to fix those is going to be fun.
Edit4: Fixed lul.

Last edited: