Others [Translation Request] YUME-SAME [Excessm]

blacknieve

Feb 19, 2019
I'm sick of waiting, so I'm going to spearhead the machine translation. Maybe get it done within 1 month or sooner.
I'm mostly interested in menus and whatnot right now, so I want to get an alpha asap.

Does anyone have any pointers on how to do that?
I'm technical, so I just need a link or get pointed in the general direction of what tools are being used.
I saw there's a tool for RPGMaker, but it's not the case here.
Found some Atlas thing, don't know if it'll work or not, will test it out.
And then there's something that works with Unity, if I am not mistaken.

Does anyone have any better ideas?

Reactions: Mustang Flex

blacknieve

Feb 19, 2019
Good news! After a bit more digging, I found this:
Seems like I can use Translator++ for WolfRPG games, which is the case for this game as well.
Wish me luck lol. I'll try getting in at least 30m per day, except for weekends.

Mustang Flex

Oct 24, 2017
Good news! After a bit more digging, I found this:
Seems like I can use Translator++ for WolfRPG games, which is the case for this game as well.
Wish me luck lol. I'll try getting in at least 30m per day, except for weekends.
Good luck, and godspeed. I normally don't like mtl, but this game has been on my list of shit I want translated so long it'll be worth it. Plus, there's a few people on the site that tend to go into mtls and spruce them up a bit after the fact. So I'm optimistic.

blacknieve

Feb 19, 2019
I guess I'll leave my progress around here then.

I've spent a couple of hours today and got annoyed. There's some bug in the tool that doesn't allow me to export the first translated version.
I don't know how to solve the bug in the tool yet (tried today), but I know how to get around it and will try it out tomorrow.

As soon as I have any version, even if it's rough, I'll post it.

blacknieve

Feb 19, 2019
ff. Now I'm mad. For the developers that are reading this, there's a regex that's messing up some path for one or two files, for some reason. I have no idea what is missing at the moment (from the regex), but at least I narrowed the issue down. If anyone has experience with regex and a little bit of Ruby, ping me so we can get this show running faster.

edit: The language setting was missing or something. That is the creator's fault, I think. I monkey patched it so that for that specific item, instead of crashing, it just adds the default language.

edit2: It seems the creator actually DID some translations. He added Default, Jap and Eng options, as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dima1999

blacknieve

Feb 19, 2019
Hey peeps.

So, progress update.
I've managed to pack what I've translated and the game works.
However, I have a huge issue. I could only translate most of the menu items and most of the items.
As in, the dialogue text just isn't there when the game is unpacked. The files, for some reason, are not imported.
The translation is rough, but I will post it on Monday. I've playtested for about 10 minutes and it's much better than Japanese tbh. (although some items can have really funny or confusing names - like the skill smell solution, which basically highlights if a lever or chest is beneficial or not to you, in green or red)

P.S. Although I do not speak or write Japanese, I might contact excessm so we can work together on a translation, bringing it closer to fruition officially. Would be nice. A guy can dream, right?

blacknieve

Feb 19, 2019
Here you go:

Do note that I did experience one crash when trying to replay a character. (there's some ice women there, crashed on that for me)
Other than that, the game works just fine.

In order to apply the patch:
1. Rename Data.wolf to Data.wolf.bak
2. Extract the folder called Data from the archive.
3. Copy paste it or move it into the game folder.
4. Done. Game should work with some items translated.

Have fun, peeps.

Daemons Whisper

Dec 28, 2018
Here you go:

Do note that I did experience one crash when trying to replay a character. (there's some ice women there, crashed on that for me)

Have fun, peeps.

Sir! You are a true hero! :)

Kdr1994

Jun 11, 2018
Here you go:

Have fun, peeps.
Is it fully translated? Cause it doesn´t seems to in my experience. Of course, thanks for the initiative!!!. The Dialogue remains in Japanease but some menu options has changed.

Le gourmet

Dec 18, 2018
Here you go:

Have fun, peeps.
Can you tell me the version of the game you used for the translation ? 1.00 or advanced versions ?

blacknieve

Feb 19, 2019
My game showed 1.1. So it's for that version.
And as I was saying in a previous post, I couldn't find the dialogues and most of the description for the items.
What I got translated is:
1. Most of the items.
2. Most of the menu items.

That's it. It's like... minimally translated. At the very least, you can now navigate around the menus and sort of understand what's going on.

Dffffffffff

Jan 12, 2018
"About YUMESAME English Translation
This is a report on the English translation of "YUMESAME".
Currently, game data is being passed to DLsite's translation staff.
The staff translates it into English based on it.
However, because the translation staff is busy,
It is unclear how long it will take.
It takes time and I am sorry for overseas users.
-excessm"

Dima1999

Oct 20, 2018
"About YUMESAME English Translation
This is a report on the English translation of "YUMESAME".
Currently, game data is being passed to DLsite's translation staff.
The staff translates it into English based on it.
However, because the translation staff is busy,
It is unclear how long it will take.
It takes time and I am sorry for overseas users.
-excessm"
Finally good news

Oct 1, 2018
Here you go:

Have fun, peeps.
it not full stranslated but did very good i can finaly compelete 100% weapon with this
some time i see kinght but her name show up night and save and load button it show road instead of load lol
so i report to u if u can fix that
great work ! hero