RPGM [Translation Requset]Sheryl(MEGA DOWNLOAD)

Neodart

Apr 6, 2019
what does this mean?
It means you need to go back to the Halfling's Village and speak to one of the NPC there that gave you a quest. You'll then have to fight a Halfling warrior and his direwolf (with a few other DWs being summoned after a time) to complete the chapter and obtain the Proof of Valor (Level 2). It's like what you had to do on the first level when you fought the Elven Rider on his Elk(?). Once that's done, the way will be open. You might have to redo the fight with the Gazer (Beholder) and the Troll, don't know if that was normal, because of a quest I had taken or because I messed something up when I started translating it. Thanks for the 1.4 version by the way, maybe this one won't act weirdly when I work on it (Window's Title not changing despite editing the System.rvdata2, achievements popping up for the wrong actions, etc...)

I've been on it for a little over a week (didn't think to check here before now) and only just finished translating the items, weapons, armors, quests, achievements, enemies, skills and scripts. The worst part is that any time anything with an icon is brought up, I had to check if the icon used for it was the correct one or not (translate the name of the object -> check the corresponding file for the right entry and compare the Icon ID with the one near the newly translated text. It's the same? All good. Different? I need to check the ID of the full size picture associated with the object -> look up the png and compare it to the icon called and against the icon that was associated previously. The icon called where I'm currently at in the translation process is 'worst' than the one already in use? Replace it with the old one. 'Better'? Replace the old icon ID in the listing by the new one then look up every previously translated iteration of this object to update the Icon ID called...).

Sorry for the rant, it's my first time really trying to translate a RPGM game without just putting it through Translator++ (mostly because the free version react weirdly with it) and, I'm not sure if all games are like that, but I really get the feeling that the creator had no coding discipline while working on it and, in addition to translating, I have to work as a janitor, following their traces to clean up the mess they left behind...

So yeah, consider it a +1 from me. I'll keep working on it, but now I need to compare the files I already translated with the 1.4 versions, see if my previous translations are still valid and only then, will I be able to start working on the CommonEvents.rvdata2 and all the Maps).

And if any other translator want them, here are the image files I already edited in case you haven't got there yet (and they weren't made useless by 1.4). The IconSet.png have 4 edits (changed a non used pudding to be red for the \I[1996]Red Pudding and made a \I[1691]Macaroon, \I[833]Flan and \I[1281]Cake purple for the addictive(? Not sure of translation, need to find them in context when translating dialogue to be sure) version of them). The two other are just translated versions of the corresponding files...

anyone

May 11, 2017
It means you need to go back to the Halfling's Village and speak to one of the NPC there that gave you a quest. You'll then have to fight a Halfling warrior and his direwolf (with a few other DWs being summoned after a time) to complete the chapter and obtain the Proof of Valor (Level 2). It's like what you had to do on the first level when you fought the Elven Rider on his Elk(?). Once that's done, the way will be open. You might have to redo the fight with the Gazer (Beholder) and the Troll, don't know if that was normal, because of a quest I had taken or because I messed something up when I started translating it. Thanks for the 1.4 version by the way, maybe this one won't act weirdly when I work on it (Window's Title not changing despite editing the System.rvdata2, achievements popping up for the wrong actions, etc...)

I've been on it for a little over a week (didn't think to check here before now) and only just finished translating the items, weapons, armors, quests, achievements, enemies, skills and scripts. The worst part is that any time anything with an icon is brought up, I had to check if the icon used for it was the correct one or not (translate the name of the object -> check the corresponding file for the right entry and compare the Icon ID with the one near the newly translated text. It's the same? All good. Different? I need to check the ID of the full size picture associated with the object -> look up the png and compare it to the icon called and against the icon that was associated previously. The icon called where I'm currently at in the translation process is 'worst' than the one already in use? Replace it with the old one. 'Better'? Replace the old icon ID in the listing by the new one then look up every previously translated iteration of this object to update the Icon ID called...).

Sorry for the rant, it's my first time really trying to translate a RPGM game without just putting it through Translator++ (mostly because the free version react weirdly with it) and, I'm not sure if all games are like that, but I really get the feeling that the creator had no coding discipline while working on it and, in addition to translating, I have to work as a janitor, following their traces to clean up the mess they left behind...

So yeah, consider it a +1 from me. I'll keep working on it, but now I need to compare the files I already translated with the 1.4 versions, see if my previous translations are still valid and only then, will I be able to start working on the CommonEvents.rvdata2 and all the Maps).

And if any other translator want them, here are the image files I already edited in case you haven't got there yet (and they weren't made useless by 1.4). The IconSet.png have 4 edits (changed a non used pudding to be red for the \I[1996]Red Pudding and made a \I[1691]Macaroon, \I[833]Flan and \I[1281]Cake purple for the addictive(? Not sure of translation, need to find them in context when translating dialogue to be sure) version of them). The two other are just translated versions of the corresponding files...
dude 1627680482846.png

Reactions: polak1000 and Wibe

Neodart

Apr 6, 2019
The way for decrypt and translate the file "main.rvdata2" is not short and require ruby installed on the PC
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank you for the info, I've been wondering for a few hours why I couldn't find where in the code Elina propose the different quests, that might be it. The Quest Log is fully translated, as are her dialogues in the Guild map, and yet I still couldn't get her to speak english for that...
I'm done for tonight but I'll check it out tomorrow if I'm done with the "CommonEvents"...

Reactions: doiecho

Shiro5003

Jul 28, 2021
Just played the game and I'm not sure how to progress anymore.
Not sure if I broke it or its bugged. After defeating the priestess and giant crab and proceeding to the next level. I pretty much never returned and just outright cleared the 4th boss and the 5th dragon king. I got a key at the 5th level but no idea what it's for. After I defeated the 5th level dragon king returned home and went to sleep. There was a cutscene with two more hooded figures. Not sure if they were suppose to be for the 4th and 5th level respectively since I cleared those levels consecutively. it was easy playing a glass cannon character with heal.
After I returned I also did my workshop level to 2 but got stuck on 3 star promotion on a material I couldn't find or make at all Item.png

I pretty much avoided most events that increase Lewd value so it's just at 1. Not sure if this might also be a reason

Neodart

Apr 6, 2019
Well, Shiro5003, keeping in mind I just spent 8 hours translating the CommonEvent taking care of displaying a specific message each time you gather a particular item for the first time (and thus am starting to have trouble concentrate) and that I'm not done with that map yet, the only thing I can do is observe the conditions for the event in question...

From what I can see from the code, it's a case of wrong icon (again, I've stopped counting how many times I got that problem). The text say "光の玉" (Hikari no tama, Ball of Light or, as I translated it myself, Flashbang, since it cause blindness and I was going for the minimal amount of letters) but that's not the icon associated with it. The correct one is this one Flashbang.png .

For the upgrade, you will need that object, another one I translated as "Mullet Elixir"( Mullet_Elixir.png ), to have at least 300 000G on you and a Fame of at least 80. From what I can see, the money won't be taken from you but the two items will...

Both the Flashbang and the Mullet Elixir are items created through alchemy and their recipes can be found in the same book as the Smokebomb, the cannon and the Devil Dice (the icons speak for themselves). You get that book in your workshop, by examining the shelves north of the cauldron. But for that to be available, you need to be at least Lvl23 and to have gotten "Great Alchemist Rosa's Lewd Recipes Vol.3", which you get by looking at the shelves while being Lvl20+ and having read the 2nd, etc...

The important part is the level. As long as you are lvl23+, the "worst" that will happen is that you will need to examine the shelves multiple times (each time is treated as a separate event and the recipes are, technically, given to you during them and not really through the book, so cheating with a save editor won't help).

Hope that help...