Tool Translator++

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Doctor Doom

Jul 21, 2017
Okay, got a problem I thought I solved a while ago (but forgot how).

Translator++ isn't updating my files correctly anymore:
After exporting my translation's data files into my data folder, I can tell that it's exporting new data files (checking the 'date modified' label for each). However, none of my translation text or updates are being applied.

I narrowed it down to my cache files in the Translator++ folder -- From what I understand, the Translator++ application is supposed to update THOSE files, which in turn are used to update the data files in my game folder. However, I can tell that the cache files for Translator++ aren't being updated (again, checking the 'date modified').

How can I force Translator++ to update the cache files as well (or fix this problem)? Deleting the cache files makes the program fail to export any translation, btw. And apparently the new Import function sucks ass, since using it to transfer translations onto a new project ALSO doesn't update the cache files, meaning the translation won't export the files properly anyway.

EDIT: Didn't fix my original problem, but I created a new project in Translator++, deleted my old cache in Translator ++, then imported the files over with my old trans file, then saved a new trans file and exported ... it worked, but that was a crazy frustrating experience. As a reminder, back up EVERYTHING.
are you translating wolfrpg? can you explain more clearly how u fixed the prob?

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
are you translating wolfrpg? can you explain more clearly how u fixed the prob?
Translating an RPGMaker MV file. And no, I think that was as clearly as I could explain.
1.) Created a new project in Translator++
2.) Deleted my old cache folder file in Translator++
3.) Imported the old translation in Translator++
4.) Saved and exported the new translation file in Translator++

Doctor Doom

Jul 21, 2017
Translating an RPGMaker MV file. And no, I think that was as clearly as I could explain.
1.) Created a new project in Translator++
2.) Deleted my old cache folder file in Translator++
3.) Imported the old translation in Translator++
4.) Saved and exported the new translation file in Translator++
bro, how much it took for your translated to be imported? it seems like it will take forever for me.

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
bro, how much it took for your translated to be imported? it seems like it will take forever for me.
I think this was answered a few pages ago. The solution was to remove/uncheck the "common reference" file (the very bottom one on the leftmost pane) before exporting/importing. However, this did cause further problems for me.

Reactions: Doctor Doom

Doctor Doom

Jul 21, 2017
I think this was answered a few pages ago. The solution was to remove/uncheck the "common reference" file (the very bottom one on the leftmost pane) before exporting/importing. However, this did cause further problems for me.
i see thanks

i think i'm done with this translator++... it can't translate wolfrpgs at all

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Just in case I forget, or if anyone else has this problem:
I've been getting a "TypeError [ERR_INVALID_ARG_TYPE]: The "path" argument must be one of type string, Buffer, or URL. Received type undefined" error when trying to create new project files.

After a TON of troubleshooting, I found a solution; apparently, while RPGTrans isn't necessary for Translator++ in all sense of the word, it DID solve my problem. After using Translator++ to install RPGTrans (click the rightmost Translator++ icon, and hit the 3rd party install option, then choose RPGTrans), most games began working again. Might cause slower exporting and whatnot, I dunno.

Just hope it helps someone, because it was bugging the crap out of me for a while.
(Oh yeah, you can also just download RPGTrans and install it into Translator++ itself manually; just dump the "rpgmt_cli_v4.5" folder under the "3rd Party" folder in the Translator++ folder.

Reactions: unknownfailure

Lucy1223

Feb 15, 2018
I can't translate this game, shotaxmonters, apple tree extracts everything, but as it tries to load it it gives me error, and also other games it succeeds, I don't understand why with this it doesn't hide, help please

Library=System\RGSS301.dll
Scripts=Data\Scripts.rvdata2
Title=SHOTAxMONSTERS version1.41.10 (International)
Language=English

I would like to translate it from English to Italian

Reactions: manuel2142

Ophanim

May 2, 2018
Hey, I've been trying to translate a wolf RPG game (悪魔とすてっぷ新性活(RJ258678) and while the extraction/translation process has been fairly painless, applying a test patch hit a roadblock.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The export process then terminates, throwing up a 'The system cannot find the file specified.' error. The export folder remains empty.

Now, I honestly don't know what the issue is (obviously seems like wolftrans, but not ruling out a janky translator++ interaction?), but I found something similar involving backslashes being used in file names on the wolftrans github page from back in 2015. Couldn't find anyone else talking about it since, and since wolftrans supposedly hasn't been updated in years, this seemed like the next port of call. Anyone got some insight on what's wrong here?

Lucy1223

Feb 15, 2018
Hey, I've been trying to translate a wolf RPG game (悪魔とすてっぷ新性活(RJ258678) and while the extraction/translation process has been fairly painless, applying a test patch hit a roadblock.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The export process then terminates, throwing up a 'The system cannot find the file specified.' error. The export folder remains empty.

Now, I honestly don't know what the issue is (obviously seems like wolftrans, but not ruling out a janky translator++ interaction?), but I found something similar involving backslashes being used in file names on the wolftrans github page from back in 2015. Couldn't find anyone else talking about it since, and since wolftrans supposedly hasn't been updated in years, this seemed like the next port of call. Anyone got some insight on what's wrong here?
when I start translating I translate the maps first. then I do a test. And after a bit at a time I translate the armor files etc. But seeing line by line. because it also translates the name to indicate the file. for this reason he makes an error and cannot find it. If the file is data / armor etc. And he translates by changing the indication. The system looks elsewhere. translate Tweety maps first. And then the rest. taking care not to change the indication or command of events to any file. P.S. I don't know english i am using google translator

Reactions: Snow972

osoberanes

Jun 17, 2019
I can't translate this game, shotaxmonters, apple tree extracts everything, but as it tries to load it it gives me error, and also other games it succeeds, I don't understand why with this it doesn't hide, help please

Library=System\RGSS301.dll
Scripts=Data\Scripts.rvdata2
Title=SHOTAxMONSTERS version1.41.10 (International)
Language=English

I would like to translate it from English to Italian

Simplify the name of the game folder to {SHOTAxMONSTERS}

osoberanes

Jun 17, 2019
I have been using this program for months but recently I have this problem:

- I can translate everything OK, but when applying it to translation everything seems correct and when starting the game the text remains the original, it only translates the name of the cities ...

- Try an old game that translated and does the same effect ...

Who else is happening to you?

Lucy1223

Feb 15, 2018
Simplify the name of the game folder to {SHOTAxMONSTERS}
already done nothing, the only solution I think is to go to the system folder open the file DialoguesEnglish.RVTEXT, or Chinese or Japanese, and translate those by hand, because the rv plugin is implemented, the only really big break, and the fact that they are more than 16000 lines of text, between sentences and commands to the sentences, the break and that if I tell him to traturre the Chinese file with google or other, so tratuce only the Chinese and not the commands associated with the sentence that are in English, I don't know why also translates those into Italian, then by mistake, or I take a lifetime to do it sentence by sentence, or if someone knows a faster way I would be very grateful.

P.S. the files to be translated are 2 for each language, 2 jap, 2 chinese, and 2 eng, so there are also more than 32000 lines to see o_O:eek:
I have been using this program for months but recently I have this problem:

- I can translate everything OK, but when applying it to translation everything seems correct and when starting the game the text remains the original, it only translates the name of the cities ...

- Try an old game that translated and does the same effect ...

Who else is happening to you?
when I translate to make the changes effective, I tell him save project in a folder, and replace the original files of the given folder with the translated ones, if the file is in Game.rgss3a format, first I extract it all, and then after I replace it I replace it , make a backup of the original copy given, in case there is never an error with the translation, and away, there is also the possibility that it is like the shotaxmonster system, if there is the system folder with the above mentioned rv files, you are put like me, you have a very long street ahead

Ophanim

May 2, 2018
when I start translating I translate the maps first. then I do a test. And after a bit at a time I translate the armor files etc. But seeing line by line. because it also translates the name to indicate the file. for this reason he makes an error and cannot find it. If the file is data / armor etc. And he translates by changing the indication. The system looks elsewhere. translate Tweety maps first. And then the rest. taking care not to change the indication or command of events to any file. P.S. I don't know english i am using google translator
Thank you for the advice, and I'm definitely testing things more thoroughly than I would have before, but I'm pretty sure it's not a file name issue with the game itself. It may be a file name issue with wolftrans itself.

I haven't changed any of the file names. It's a problem with the export process with Wolftrans, which is old and buggy and doesn't like modern Wolf projects. I've switched to using Wolf RPG Editor English instead, because it writes the changes directly to the game files, without needing to export and overwrite. It's a bit clunky, but you can test as you go to catch bugs before they become too bad.

Jan 8, 2018
I can't seem to get this to create patches for wolf games, it either spins the save icon endlessly or does absolutely nothing when folder/zip are selected for output. In neither case is anything created in the target folder.

Ophanim

May 2, 2018
I can't seem to get this to create patches for wolf games, it either spins the save icon endlessly or does absolutely nothing when folder/zip are selected for output. In neither case is anything created in the target folder.
Does it show any kind of patching process before that happens? Because I had a similar problem that seems to be caused by an incompatibility between the third party program 'wolftrans' and newer versions of the WolfRPG engine. It'd basically say it was patching, then not actually produce anything. Wolftrans hasn't been formally updated in years, and that's apparently what Translator++ uses as part of its export process to WolfRPG games.

If you keep having problems, try using instead. That's what I had to do, and it works, it's just a little more unwieldy. Then I just use my Translator++ project to organise the translations in a nice table before plugging them directly into where they need to go in the game files. Good luck getting an answer on this, though. WolfRPG translation seems to be a pain in the butt, where most of the tools are buggy and/or ancient, and you can probably count those tools on one hand.

Last edited:
Reactions: GrandSir

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Spinning endlessly, at least for me, is usually an indication that there's a problem with one of the cache folders, either in your Translator ++ folder (Translator++ -> www ->php -> cache), or Temp project folder (User -> Appdata -> Local -> Temp -> "your project"), meaning you've moved/deleted/renamed one of them.

What I've learned about Translator++ in my nearly endless struggles with it is that it's insanely bug-ridden and absolutely finicky. For that above problem, I'd recommend creating a new project and trying over again. If that works, then try to find a way to import the data over from the old project (whenever I get that annoying spinny error, I basically need to start over, losing hours, or days, of work). Even more frustrating, that "import" option in newer versions is bugged AF too, since for most of us, it freezes at 30% progress when importing, and the only fix is to uncheck the 'common reference' box, which is actually crucial to the damn translation in the first place (meaning it causes more errors). Honestly, I hate that the creator of this project doesn't bug-check his work, and instead rolls out new versions of Translator++ with new features instead of trying to fix the obviously broken older features.

I'd personally try creating a new project and then manually copy pasting the entire columns of your previously made translation over. It's super annoying, but even with a huge project, it usually only takes about 10-30 minutes of work, and you can always export your old translation to Excel spreadsheets if that's easier for you.

Reactions: GrandSir

GrandSir

Mar 29, 2020
I did everything that was said, but my problem is still not resolved translator ++ is constantly giving this error for some reason. Maybe I didn't understand what you said, could you please explain the solution in a simple way, please? Emerald_Gladiator

Screenshot_48.png

or if you can come here: (please come)
i want to ask you something (please come)

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2018
Extracting the files to the game directory seems to have solved the problem, although I *might* have overlooked that the file names were in Japanese and messed things up really badly. From there it's just slow corrections though at least.

GrandSir

Mar 29, 2020
Extracting the files to the game directory seems to have solved the problem, although I *might* have overlooked that the file names were in Japanese and messed things up really badly. From there it's just slow corrections though at least.
What should I do, can you summarize briefly?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote