Tool Translator++

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Ophanim

May 2, 2018
I did everything that was said, but my problem is still not resolved translator ++ is constantly giving this error for some reason. Maybe I didn't understand what you said, could you please explain the solution in a simple way, please? Emerald_Gladiator

View attachment 601735

or if you can come here: (please come)
i want to ask you something (please come)
Snap. Same problem as me. Was the invalid path for DB at line 915? To me it seemed to be a problem with Wolftrans, a third party program packaged with Translator++ that hasn't seen regular updates for nearly three years now. I don't know exactly what the issue is, but from browsing game files, I couldn't see anything wrong with the file it terminated on. I've tried chasing this up, but the maintainer for Wolftrans isn't around anymore and I haven't gotten any info on whether it could be a bug on Translator++'s end. I've tried ObligatoryAccount's method, to no success, but it might work for you, idk. Basically, afaik, we're shit out of luck until the Translator++ dev weighs in on the topic, and even then a possible fix might take a while. They might not even do that, as it's not the T++ dev's job to maintain an ancient third party program, technically.

Anyway, check my previous post for a possible workaround using Wolf RPG Editor English, although it may be slightly more shady to produce viable patches via that route (for people with legal copies of the game). Basically, WRPGEE works by directly editing game files, so you could essentially change just about any aspect of the game, in addition to translation purposes. I'm guessing the 'patch' would basically involve sharing a copy of the game's Data folder so people can overwrite their old one, although I'm not sure if sharing it in an unencrypted format is kosher. It'd be really easy to rip assets from a licensed wolfrpg game, for example.

Either way, best of luck from someone with the exact same problem :)

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Agreed. I haven't tried WolfRPG games yet (I did once and it failed so I stopped), as I mostly do RPGMaker VX Ace and MV.

I'd try to avoid WolfRPG since it seems everyone's got a problem with it. I'll investigate that particular error though.
Personally, I think it's best to wait for the creator him/herself to fix it though, since it's their responsibility and they'd know best. Then again, as I said before, it seems like they don't really care about how well their product works as long as it has lots of features and keeps the patrons rolling in.

Jan 8, 2018
What should I do, can you summarize briefly?
Do you mean if the images/audio/etc. are in Japanese? As far as I can tell your options are
A)Use the appropriate editor program to restore image paths
B)Rename the files so they match what the game is now looking for
I'm pretty new to using Translator++ beyond banging out a quick machine translation

Edit:
You could also search through your translation to try to find the file paths that got translated in the first place and remove the translations there, then re-export.

Last edited:

Minipax84

Sep 26, 2017
Tried to translate [Nijou Tayun@Yarakashidan] Treasure Hunter Kuu to Inishie no Ou with 2.3.23 but got stuck in an endless loading loop. Tried public version and it worked. Someone earlier noted that they're trying a new loading system which might be bugged, so I guess that was it?

Sowdraxe

Feb 20, 2020
Hello i tried to translate a game for the first time with translator++ and rechecked the scripts but the game stayed in Japanese after overwriting the data file with the new data. so does anyone know why?!? please help.

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Hello i tried to translate a game for the first time with translator++ and rechecked the scripts but the game stayed in Japanese after overwriting the data file with the new data. so does anyone know why?!? please help.
Do you have any more information? What type of game are you trying to translate (e.g. rpgmaker MV/VX Ace, WolfRPG, etc)? Did you get any sort of error in your translator++, whether while the export script was running or otherwise?

Based on my experience and the information you provided, I'm guessing that there's a problem with the cache, either with the cache in the Translator++ tool folder or your computer's Temp folder, and it's updating the files without actually applying the translation. My solution's always been to restart (however tedious) from scratch and copy/pasting the translated columns of the old translation file onto the new one.

Either that, or you can check to see if the files in either the Temp folder or the Translator++ cache folder are being updated properly by copy-pasting them into the data folder of your game. If one of them works properly (as in it's being updated with your translation), then you can just manually copy-paste into your data folder in the future after exporting.

Sowdraxe

Feb 20, 2020
Do you have any more information? What type of game are you trying to translate (e.g. rpgmaker MV/VX Ace, WolfRPG, etc)? Did you get any sort of error in your translator++, whether while the export script was running or otherwise?

Based on my experience and the information you provided, I'm guessing that there's a problem with the cache, either with the cache in the Translator++ tool folder or your computer's Temp folder, and it's updating the files without actually applying the translation. My solution's always been to restart (however tedious) from scratch and copy/pasting the translated columns of the old translation file onto the new one.

Either that, or you can check to see if the files in either the Temp folder or the Translator++ cache folder are being updated properly by copy-pasting them into the data folder of your game. If one of them works properly (as in it's being updated with your translation), then you can just manually copy-paste into your data folder in the future after exporting.
ok.... am new here do dont think of me understanding everything all together so i started a simpler one a flash game.
can i translate a flash game?

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
ok.... am new here do dont think of me understanding everything all together so i started a simpler one a flash game.
can i translate a flash game?
Well, "being new here" and "don't speak English" are the two biggest excuses here.
Make sure to read the documentation of Translator++ and understand what is actually is before you start translating. I think any craftsman (or basically anyone with a job) will tell you that if you're new, you need to start learning your tools - their limitations and their purposes - before you actually start using them. If you're a carpenter, know what a saw is and how to use it before you slice off your arm. If you're a pilot, know wtf an airplane is before you fly one and kill yourself and others. Therefore, I'd suggest going to Dreamsavior's Patreon or watch his youtube videos to learn what his tool is and how it works (linked in the OP). After that, then ask your questions, since I do admit Translator++'s core is not intuitive and has a ton of bugs.

That being said, no, you can't translate flash games, at least not most. Translator++ is designed to be used to translate RPGMaker XP, VX, VX Ace and MV, according to Dreamsavior's webpage. And he's added WolfRPG compatibility, though that's ridiculously buggy right now.

Sowdraxe

Feb 20, 2020
Well, "being new here" and "don't speak English" are the two biggest excuses here.
Make sure to read the documentation of Translator++ and understand what is actually is before you start translating. I think any craftsman (or basically anyone with a job) will tell you that if you're new, you need to start learning your tools - their limitations and their purposes - before you actually start using them. If you're a carpenter, know what a saw is and how to use it before you slice off your arm. If you're a pilot, know wtf an airplane is before you fly one and kill yourself and others. Therefore, I'd suggest going to Dreamsavior's Patreon or watch his youtube videos to learn what his tool is and how it works (linked in the OP). After that, then ask your questions, since I do admit Translator++'s core is not intuitive and has a ton of bugs.

That being said, no, you can't translate flash games, at least not most. Translator++ is designed to be used to translate RPGMaker XP, VX, VX Ace and MV, according to Dreamsavior's webpage. And he's added WolfRPG compatibility, though that's ridiculously buggy right now.
THANKS! now at least i know where to begin :D.

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Translator just refuses to find some text lines in MV game data files. For example, text for load button in menu simply doesn't exist for me, but almost every other menu element is present in System.json. While playing the game, you can clearly see this ロード button in menu, but searching for it through all the files results in nothing. How is this even possible? Isn't this data folder the only source for all the in-game text?
Have you tried putting the system.json into RPGMaker MV and checking the particular file that way?
I've noticed there are some weird errors like that too in Translator++, but I find that using a game editor usually solves the problem.

ken6789

Nov 18, 2018
Hey, I am trying to translate an RPG Maker XP, but I still get this error

Initial data : F:\Downloads\Translator++_2.3.23\Translator++\www\php\cache\278318d6c03a7c4a71489806bd71276e\initial.json DONE!Error! File list not found in init file at : F:\Downloads\Translator++_2.3.23\Translator++\www\php\cache\278318d6c03a7c4a71489806bd71276e\initial.json

I prescribe that the Data game does not contain a Game.rgssad file but a Game.rxproj
Thank you to those who will take the time to answer me

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2018
I used it and destroyed all the fucking game, npc everywhere, controls not working, idk how to use this.
My first guess would be that you translated file paths or some internal configuration. You might have to translate sections separately to try and avoid doing that.

dcmatr

Aug 23, 2016
Translator just refuses to find some text lines in MV game data files. For example, text for load button in menu simply doesn't exist for me, but almost every other menu element is present in System.json. While playing the game, you can clearly see this ロード button in menu, but searching for it through all the files results in nothing. How is this even possible? Isn't this data folder the only source for all the in-game text?
Pretty late to reply, but I've came across this issue multiple times too where T++ omits certain data when importing into the program. From my experience, untranslated or custom menu labels are usually in the plugins.js file for RPG MV titles. Hope this helps somewhat.

Reactions: pinguins

landon brice

Jan 15, 2018
i translated island saga, but when i´m get into play it gave me ther error of split fail null. Sooo any ideas on how to fix??

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2020
I'm trying to translate a couple of WolfRPG games, but I honestly have no clue what I'm doing. It seems like I'm able to use machine translation, but I tried exporting the file with it and the game didn't change at all. And the youtube videos didn't help much either. All I want is a machine translation of some games, but I have no idea how to work this thing.

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
i translated island saga, but when i´m get into play it gave me ther error of split fail null. Sooo any ideas on how to fix??
Sorry, no idea what's wrong there. I'd suggest unchecking any non-map files and exporting to see if your game works properly, then finding the error-causing file through process of elimination. It's tedious, but I find it's effective for individual problems.

I'm trying to translate a couple of WolfRPG games, but I honestly have no clue what I'm doing. It seems like I'm able to use machine translation, but I tried exporting the file with it and the game didn't change at all. And the youtube videos didn't help much either. All I want is a machine translation of some games, but I have no idea how to work this thing.
If you check this thread, WolfRPG games are notoriously problematic for Translator++. And while the dev states that he's including compatibility for his program, I'd avoid trying to translate WolfRPG with this one.

For argument's sake, did the files themselves change at all (e.g. the maps and whatnot)? For example, are they newer files at least (as in, if you check the "date modified/created" columns, do they show as created recently)? In addition, did you check that your export path is correct? Some data folders are within 'www' folders, so you need to have the correct file path.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote