Tool Translator++

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Saryon

May 2, 2019
I have another problem. I have some game i want to translate which have a www folder with data and such inside. Every time i try to translate one of those, everything goes fine until patch creation. At this step, it says "file not found" for everything and don't create the patch. That's totally stupid: he know well where files are cause it translates them!

Does someone know a way to make it creates the patch anyway?

Darksshades

Feb 7, 2020
I have another problem. I have some game i want to translate which have a www folder with data and such inside. Every time i try to translate one of those, everything goes fine until patch creation. At this step, it says "file not found" for everything and don't create the patch. That's totally stupid: he know well where files are cause it translates them!

Does someone know a way to make it creates the patch anyway?
Never tried on any games with that but you can always try using another version on Translator++.
There are several critical bugs between one version and another. Sometimes its best to stick to the version that works for you even if it is not the latest.

Kinda wish they had a certified "stable" version that was garanteed to not have any game breaking bugs.

Darksshades

Feb 7, 2020
Did the "search" function broken or it just me?

Upd. Shit. Tried upgrade from 2.1.1. Looks like author messed something with structure in 2.2.10 and "search" just not working. Making new project and importing makes app hang on "collecting translation refference". Rolling back to 2.1.1.
I also can't Import translations on 2.2.10(from another .trans file). It gets stuck on "collection translations".
It might be related to the broken search function.

PS: also found a bug(might be on other versions too). If you ctrl+g(I used rightclick->translate this) with the 'original text' cell selected it will translate and put it in the 'original text' cell. Which is non-editable and you can't revert it back. Not sure if altering the original text field would break when patching.

Edit: I could search just fine with CTRL+F on 2.2.10. The popup search window. But the import translations are still not good.

Last edited:

n0pe

Aug 27, 2018
the search function is broken by me too and problems with import translation too

Yxel

Nov 15, 2017
Does someone know a way to make it creates the patch anyway
Looks like you miss cache of project? It placed somewhere in Translator++ files when you start new translation. Try to make new one, then import your .trans file in it.
If you didn't understand what i wrote, try this article xD

ADweqwesdasdawdawd

Apr 28, 2018
I'm trying to translate Island saga but Translator doesn't working, here:"fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening requiered "autoInit.php" (include path etcetera

Macavity

Aug 16, 2019
i had a similiar problem, here is what i did:
Open the game with translator++ and save to .trans, then open it with a text editor (i use notepad++) and use the function replace to delete all the bad characters.

But it could generate new errors
Thank you! That was able to fix my roadblock, and I was able to get it working.

Yamiyono

Mar 9, 2019
So what's the version of Translator ++ who is the less "buggy" and not so old ? Asking because i don't really want to dl a version who is buggy asf

asdasfa9

Jul 2, 2018
I found that unchecking "Common Reference" from the source when importing from another .trans file works around the "collecting translation refference" stuck issue, at least for me.

Reactions: Emerald_Gladiator

Doctor Doom

Jul 21, 2017
doesn't any show files to translate and i can't open
also tried to deleting the files temps but and nothing happened

I'm using Translator++_2.2.20E and I'm translating wolf rpg おとなりミリアちゃん体験版 demo

Last edited:

H.ERO

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Is this work for translate visual novel games? Or is there app that can translates VN games??

n0pe

Aug 27, 2018
i have a problem with the new version, i cant export my files, the folder is just empty but he says he did the job.

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Okay, got a problem I thought I solved a while ago (but forgot how).

Translator++ isn't updating my files correctly anymore:
After exporting my translation's data files into my data folder, I can tell that it's exporting new data files (checking the 'date modified' label for each). However, none of my translation text or updates are being applied.

I narrowed it down to my cache files in the Translator++ folder -- From what I understand, the Translator++ application is supposed to update THOSE files, which in turn are used to update the data files in my game folder. However, I can tell that the cache files for Translator++ aren't being updated (again, checking the 'date modified').

How can I force Translator++ to update the cache files as well (or fix this problem)? Deleting the cache files makes the program fail to export any translation, btw. And apparently the new Import function sucks ass, since using it to transfer translations onto a new project ALSO doesn't update the cache files, meaning the translation won't export the files properly anyway.

EDIT: Didn't fix my original problem, but I created a new project in Translator++, deleted my old cache in Translator ++, then imported the files over with my old trans file, then saved a new trans file and exported ... it worked, but that was a crazy frustrating experience. As a reminder, back up EVERYTHING.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoycottedGuy
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote