Tool Translator++

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
The try I just did actually worked. I think the version I was using is the problem. We will see what happens.

Zero_G

Jun 14, 2017
Using v2.1.1 (I don't know about previous versions, edit: 1.12.4 does it too), seems to break choice branches (and some conditional statements too) MTL.png

Last edited:

Macavity

Aug 16, 2019
Trying to translate Wondice ( ), but getting errors with Translator++ version 1.11.6. I think the scripts in wondice must be janky. Even when I try to use RPGMakerTrans on it RPGMakerTrans has errors when trying to patch. For instance, in translator ++ the uneditible initial text column has fields like
"
> 【アリス】
> 「よ、余計なこと言わないでよ…!恥ずかしいんだから…!」"
The > characters there seem to break something when applying the translation. I know when I export to rpgmaker trans file the > characters are not properly escaped in the output file.

Last edited:

XwingsX

Feb 2, 2019
Guys.. is there any site to translate hentai Japanese words to English?.. im trying to translate game...appreciate the help

Zethin

Succubus Rhapsodia
Donor
May 14, 2017
I am using 2.1.1 and I am trying to export commonevents.rvdata2 however some of the content does not appear to be exporting properly getting no errors that I can see though, In fact I feel like the changes are being completely ignored. For context, I am trying to finish up an abandoned translation that I found and I am editing the H status page and some common events to finish things up. It seems like only these scripts are failing to export however I get no errors when i attempt to do the export and haven't found the lines yet that I changed so i can't confirm any changes happened. I was very careful to match the syntax up and only changed what was necessary but every time I go ahead and export it nothing changes.

Example of what is being changed:

I have been copying and pasting then editing the text do you think I need to manually enter the text in to get it to export properly or is there something else I might be missing?
Just FYI, this is definitely a bug that I have reproduced, not sure if it's limited to VX Ace. From what I've gathered, the .rvdata2 file is not being updated after the patch is created. The .txt file that's generated via export shows the translation is being produced, but for whatever reason that translation isn't transferred to the .rvdata2 file.

I reported this on the Patreon earlier today.

Reactions: Silentce

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Just FYI, this is definitely a bug that I have reproduced, not sure if it's limited to VX Ace. From what I've gathered, the .rvdata2 file is not being updated after the patch is created. The .txt file that's generated via export shows the translation is being produced, but for whatever reason that translation isn't transferred to the .rvdata2 file.

I reported this on the Patreon earlier today.
Thanks, it is good to know it isn't just me. I stopped using 2.1.1 awhile ago and have had no problems really since. Thanks for providing feedback though.

Zethin

Succubus Rhapsodia
Donor
May 14, 2017
Thanks, it is good to know it isn't just me. I stopped using 2.1.1 awhile ago and have had no problems really since. Thanks for providing feedback though.
Out of curiosity, what version are you using? I tried 1.11 which threw a “folder can not be found” error as soon as I tried to export the patch and I wasn’t able to get it to export at all. If possible I’d like to get an older version working since I’ve got a project on hold until I can (or until Dreamsavior updates the program).

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Out of curiosity, what version are you using? I tried 1.11 which threw a “folder can not be found” error as soon as I tried to export the patch and I wasn’t able to get it to export at all. If possible I’d like to get an older version working since I’ve got a project on hold until I can (or until Dreamsavior updates the program).
I have copies of 1.6.17 and 1.8.1 that I use. 6.17 is my primary, if that fails I upgrade to 1.8.1. I wanted to use 2.1.1 but since I had problems i stopped.

Zethin

Succubus Rhapsodia
Donor
May 14, 2017
is there a new version of translator ++ ? I have Translator++ 1.12.4
2.1.1 is the most current version, but until it’s patched I wouldn’t recommend using it.

I have copies of 1.6.17 and 1.8.1 that I use. 6.17 is my primary, if that fails I upgrade to 1.8.1. I wanted to use 2.1.1 but since I had problems i stopped.
I think 6.17 is in the Patreon archive so I’ll give that a try when I get home, maybe that one will actually compile for me.

Edit: Sadly it doesn't seem like any of the versions outside of 2.1.1 even compile on my end. Guess I'll have to wait for a patch.

Last edited:
Reactions: KURO_NEKO_SAM

Chapman

Dec 20, 2017
Hi, I'm currently trying to apply Translator++ to a game called School Girl Courage Test 5. Unlike the previous title, the majority of its text are stored in json files in another directory outside of the data folder called "mes". I tried copying the json files from the "mes" folder into the "data" folder and while Translator++ detects the copied files, it only translates the original files in the "data" folder. Is there a way for me to have translator++ detect the json files for translation?

R3lz

Oct 6, 2017
Trying to translate Wondice ( ), but getting errors with Translator++ version 1.11.6. I think the scripts in wondice must be janky. Even when I try to use RPGMakerTrans on it RPGMakerTrans has errors when trying to patch. For instance, in translator ++ the uneditible initial text column has fields like
"
> 【アリス】
> 「よ、余計なこと言わないでよ…!恥ずかしいんだから…!」"
The > characters there seem to break something when applying the translation. I know when I export to rpgmaker trans file the > characters are not properly escaped in the output file.
i had a similiar problem, here is what i did:
Open the game with translator++ and save to .trans, then open it with a text editor (i use notepad++) and use the function replace to delete all the bad characters.

But it could generate new errors

Darksshades

Feb 7, 2020
Great tool.

Does anybody know what are the "rpgmktranslated" and "mtimes" files that are sometimes generated when exporting the translation files?? Are they just a backup project file for Translator++ and not actually needed for the translation? I've excluded them but have not seen any differences.

Yxel

Nov 15, 2017
Translator++ 2.2.10:
Did the "search" function broken or it just me?

Upd. Shit. Tried upgrade from 2.1.1. Looks like author messed something with structure in 2.2.10 and "search" just not working. Making new project and importing makes app hang on "collecting translation refference". Rolling back to 2.1.1.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote