Tool Translator++

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
Sorry to bother but both didn't work, red google had the same translating problem and papago didn't even translate anything.
Use the tpp I attached to create your files.
You should also search the plugins.json of the game and set to status false
"MOG_Weather_EX" and "MOG_TimeSystem" .

Both these plugins depend from the names of the maps and actors (inside the maps) and if you do not disable you would have to remove the translation in english (but is a lot of work) or you should find the images they refer to and translate them in english too (even more work).

chndragon

Jun 10, 2018
I cannot open anything, I get

Code:
Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required 'autoInit.php' (include_path='.;./php/includes') in Unknown on line 0
Error opening file : undefined
TypeError [ERR_INVALID_ARG_TYPE]: The "path" argument must be of type string or an instance of Buffer or URL. Received undefined
when I try to open any game. There is no help for this issue, does anyone know?

Cyberjacky

Jul 6, 2018
Use the tpp I attached to create your files.
You should also search the plugins.json of the game and set to status false
"MOG_Weather_EX" and "MOG_TimeSystem" .

Both these plugins depend from the names of the maps and actors (inside the maps) and if you do not disable you would have to remove the translation in English (but is a lot of work) or you should find the images they refer to and translate them in English too (even more work).
Can you make a modified version of Translator++ that respects symbols (even when using google translator) and doesn't mess up when translating script file?

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
Can you make a modified version of Translator++ that respects symbols (even when using google translator) and doesn't mess up when translating script file?
It can not be done. The problem lies on the translation engines and not in the translator++.
But you can circumvent it:
-translate some lines of the game with special characters. Check which of those characters where eliminated or modified in the response and mark them down.
- close the translator++
- use notepad++ to search and replace (multiple files & subdirectories) those characters with other symbols (and note the paired modifications in a text) not existing in the game that the translation engine does not touch. (use the "character map" or an online tool like ). You will find the files in the directory Translator++\www\php\cache\
- Open again translator++ reload the project. Perform the auto-translation and close translator++.
- use notepad++ to revert the previous modifications.
- open translator++, reload the project and finish the translation as usual.

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
To those that wonder why you are having errors when using translator++. It seems that it messes up big time the json files eg.
map005.json original data
"autoplayBgm":true,"autoplayBgs":false,"battleback1Name":"[BattleBack]Town","battleback2Name":"","bgm":{"name":"ルエディダリア","pan":0,"pitch":100,"volume":90},"bgs":{"name":"","pan":0,"pitch":100,"volume":90},"disableDashing":false,"displayName":"ルエディダリア","encounterList":[],"encounterStep":30,"height":32,"note":"LAYER 1 pipo-fog016 0.5 0.1 80 10 0 0 0","parallaxLoopX":false,"parallaxLoopY":false,"parallaxName":"","parallaxShow":true,"parallaxSx":0,"parallaxSy":0,"scrollType":0,"specifyBattleback":true,"tilesetId":21,"width":41,
"data"

map005.json translated data
"autoplayBgm":true,"autoplayBgs":false,"battleback1Name":"[BattleBack]Town","battleback2Name":"","bgm":{"name":"\u30eb\u30a8\u30c7\u30a3\u30c0\u30ea\u30a2","pan":0,"pitch":100,"volume":90},"bgs":{"name":"","pan":0,"pitch":100,"volume":90},"disableDashing":false,"displayName":"Ruedidaria","encounterList":[],"encounterStep":30,"height":32,"note":null,"parallaxLoopX":false,"parallaxLoopY":false,"parallaxName":"","parallaxShow":true,"parallaxSx":0,"parallaxSy":0,"scrollType":0,"specifyBattleback":true,"tilesetId":21,"width":41,"data":

the main problems are shown bellow
{"name":"\u30eb\u30a8\u30c7\u30a3\u30c0\u30ea\u30a2" instead of the translated name "name":" Ruedidaria"
and
"note":null instead of "note":"LAYER 1 pipo-fog016 0.5 0.1 80 10 0 0 0"

edit: I run some tests and found what is happening.
translator++ when exporting to json files uses ansi encoding instead of UTF8 and converts the characters as they would appear in javascript. WTF? ???
ルエディダリア is endoded/translated as \u30eb\u30a8\u30c7\u30a3\u30c0\u30ea\u30a2.
It is related to this .
And for scripts that depend on notetags like yanfly shop menu, yanfly skill core, galv weather, etc. plugins is a game breaking bug.

Last edited:

Cyberjacky

Jul 6, 2018
It can not be done. The problem lies in the translation engines and not in the translator++.
But you can circumvent it:
-translate some lines of the game with special characters. Check which of those characters where eliminated or modified in the response and mark them down.
- close the translator++
- use notepad++ to search and replace (multiple files & subdirectories) those characters with other symbols (and note the paired modifications in a text) not existing in the game that the translation engine does not touch. (use the "character map" or an online tool like ). You will find the files in the directory Translator++\www\php\cache\
- Open again translator++ reload the project. Perform the auto-translation and close translator++.
- use notepad++ to revert the previous modifications.
- open translator++, reload the project and finish the translation as usual.
I get that, but how about making a feature in the translator++ that changes all references (i.e "%s") to special characters before translating, and after finishing translating it changes the emojis back accordingly. Translator++ will have a list of all common/known references (ex. "%s") to change them to emojis. This would greatly lessen the work of the translator (the guy who is translating) if something similar is implemented on T++ rather than blaming the translator engine.

Last edited:

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
I get that, but how about making a feature in the translator++ that changes all references (i.e "%s") to special characters before translating, and after finishing translating it changes the emojis back accordingly. Translator++ will have a list of all common/known references (ex. "%s") to change them to emojis. This would greatly lessen the work of the translator (the guy who is translating) if something similar is implemented on T++ rather than blaming the translator engine.
What work? The 1-3 minutes before translating and another 1-3 minutes after translating?
If those 2-6 minutes are so much work, then what exactly will he/she actually translate.... 5 sentences?

n0pe

Aug 27, 2018
hi, ihave a problem with the translation in my game, there is still something in japanese in the menu. Can someone guess what i can do to fix this?also where could those files probably be? if t++ doesnt load them. well the menu is less important. the important part are the lines that are also not translated when you open it.

Last edited:

XOUL

Jan 3, 2019
I'm mostly fine using translation aggregator however, some games have pop-ups to help you with objectives which totally ruins AGTH with repeating non sense. So I decided to give Translator++ another shot, unfortunately it still doesn't on RPG VX Ace...

I'm getting this error on most of my RPG Maker VX Ace games:

Warning: mb_detect_encoding(): Illegal argument in E:\Translator++\www\php\function\trans.php on line 12

kirbydancer

May 30, 2019
Can someone please help me? When I open Translator++ I get the following error.
I tried to reinstall Visual C++ and updated it and even installed now Visual Community.

Initialization Error!
Unable to run PHP Interpreter!
Translator++ need PHP CLI to run some mandatory procedure.
This error usually occurred because your computer is not installed with the correct version of Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable.
Please check the documentation for more information about this symptom.
1.JPG

When I try to translate a game after I click it away it says:

2.JPG

Can anyone please help or give suggestions? I reinstalled Translator++. Before formatting my laptop a month ago it worked smoothly, so I don't know what the problem is now.

Reactions: Arlert9

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
AutoTranslate!
You can do that with textcrawler pro
hi, ihave a problem with the translation in my game, there is still something in japanese in the menu. Can someone guess what i can do to fix this?also where could those files probably be? if t++ doesnt load them. well the menu is less important. the important part are the lines that are also not translated when you open it.
the menu should be somewhere in the "plugins.js" the other lines could be in the "system.json".

XOUL & kirbydancer you should install both x86 and x64 of
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package

and Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Package

Last edited:
Reactions: Arlert9

kirbydancer

May 30, 2019
pk2000 Thanks for the links.
I installed all of them. However the problem remains:

1.JPG

I can't figure out why the error still occurs :/
Open for any suggestions :)