Tool Translator++

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

chndragon

Jun 10, 2018
I had this problem too.
I have all the Redistributables installed (even more than recommended, I think I pretty much have all the Redistributables (from game installs and such)), but nonetheless the problem persisted.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Now here is what actually helped me fix the problem and I don't know why this program doesn't accept or can't read the directory:

View attachment 722858
C:\Users\*your-pc-name*\OneDrive\

This directory is where I have my desktop, and in many years of using Windows 10 and the OneDrive cloud based desktop, I have never encountered this problem before.
The fix is simple, if you want to use this program and translate a game BOTH the game and the Translator++ CAN NOT be in this directory.

Insert the folder in C:\ example:
I hope this helped, I am running Windows 10 latest build (64-bit).
You're shitting me. I will try this and edit if it works.

hd00d

Oct 10, 2018
I've been trying to translate a KAG game but it's stuck on processing one of the system2 folders for ages. Removing it works but I can't apply the translation to the game without. Anyone have a similar problem?

Dragantis

Jul 30, 2018
I've been trying to translate a KAG game but it's stuck on processing one of the system2 folders for ages. Removing it works but I can't apply the translation to the game without. Anyone have a similar problem?
Manualy copy folder system2 from raw game to patched game.

GEORGEM

Jan 16, 2019
Is anyone else running into this problem?
Capture2.PNG
Unpack the data.xp3 and events.xp3 and then open up the game in T++ and I get a different set of files on the left side with tons of weird symbols instead of the stuff that appears in the tutorial.

GEORGEM

Jan 16, 2019
Also, if anyone just has a test game that they KNOW works, so that I can test the programs, that would be great. Like just to make sure the problems I'm having are because of T++ and Krextract and not the game itself being incompatible.

hd00d

Oct 10, 2018
Manualy copy folder system2 from raw game to patched game.
Well, I figured out that it was the Variable names that is screwing up the script of the game. Is there a way to mass tag these variables so that are not translated? They are wrapped in【】, I think

Dragantis

Jul 30, 2018
I used ctrl+h combination to change every [ to【 and ] to 】 also I manualy coped every files that didn't need to be translated. Basicly i had 3 folder: 1. raw game 2. patched by translator++ and 3. combinatio of this two. Whenever there was a problem with any patched file I coped it from raw game to combo folder.

GEORGEM

Jan 16, 2019
Question, does the latest T++ update work with KAG3? Or just KiriKiri?
Okay, did some deep soul-searching. Found out that the game used in the tutorial was made with KAG3/kirkiri2, so... one problem solved at least.
Also, if anyone just has a test game that they KNOW works, so that I can test the programs, that would be great. Like just to make sure the problems I'm having are because of T++ and Krextract and not the game itself being incompatible.
Still hoping for games that people know work, but for now I found a download link for the game used in the tutorial. I'm hoping this'll help separate game compatibility and technical issues.

Update: Got the tutorial game to work, so I at least know it isn't a problem with my downloaded copy of T++. Now I guess I just need to figure out what makes the games I want to translate different from the tutorial game.

Last edited:

GEORGEM

Jan 16, 2019
Okay, did some deep soul-searching. Found out that the game used in the tutorial was made with KAG3/kirkiri2, so... one problem solved at least.

Still hoping for games that people know work, but for now I found a download link for the game used in the tutorial. I'm hoping this'll help separate game compatibility and technical issues.

Update: Got the tutorial game to work, so I at least know it isn't a problem with my downloaded copy of T++. Now I guess I just need to figure out what makes the games I want to translate different from the tutorial game.
Update: Gave up and started using textractor, lol.

Robin717

Aug 3, 2017
Hello guys. Can I get some help with this please? This happens every time i try to start a new project:

This happens with newer versions of Translator++

Error opening file : undefinedTypeError [ERR_INVALID_ARG_TYPE]: The "path" argument must be of type string or an instance of Buffer or URL. Received undefined

With older versions I can get the project started and stuff but after i export the Data into the game folder i get this:

Untitled.png
Then the game quits

Any help is much appreciated!

Robin717

Aug 3, 2017
Hello guys. Can I get some help with this please? This happens every time i try to start a new project:

This happens with newer versions of Translator++

Error opening file : undefinedTypeError [ERR_INVALID_ARG_TYPE]: The "path" argument must be of type string or an instance of Buffer or URL. Received undefined

With older versions I can get the project started and stuff but after i export the Data into the game folder i get this:

View attachment 732665
Then the game quits

Any help is much appreciated!
I recommend finding scripts and right clicking and deleting the translations for it as RPG VX Ace games near universally have "special characters" in the scripts (like "\n" or "\[0]") which are replaced by variables when run, and machine translations (especially google Translate) love to change them and put spaces in them.

The scripts are usually only used for combat so it may be fine to just leave scripts untranslated, else you can go through manually and fix each error... So best of look :LOL:
(they may also be used for saves but I haven't really looked into it)

Also a note about
"It depends which games you tried to translate, Translator++ does not work with all RPG VX Ace games."
That I'm pretty sure this is false unless the game maker has modded the RPG VX Ace engine to add encryption or like many plugins for RPG MV, have custom text that is stored elsewhere, The main issue is as above special characters. they are usually easy to see as they usually have [] around them or have a \ before them. All you really need to do about them is just leave them untranslated. Though sometimes this can be annoying as I found a game that used the names of Items to find the images of them so I had to leave them untranslated in the game :(

NEVERMIND my dumass managed to fix it. Do as this person says on an older version

Subraumer

May 15, 2018
I had this problem too.
I have all the Redistributables installed (even more than recommended, I think I pretty much have all the Redistributables (from game installs and such)), but nonetheless the problem persisted.
Now here is what actually helped me fix the problem and I don't know why this program doesn't accept or can't read the directory:

View attachment 722858
C:\Users\*your-pc-name*\OneDrive\

This directory is where I have my desktop, and in many years of using Windows 10 and the OneDrive cloud based desktop, I have never encountered this problem before.
The fix is simple, if you want to use this program and translate a game BOTH the game and the Translator++ CAN NOT be in this directory.

Insert the folder in C:\ example:
I hope this helped, I am running Windows 10 latest build (64-bit).
OMFG it fckn worked, had that for quite some time and was already giving up on it. I even pledged a dollar to get help from the developer but no hope there.

THANK YA SO FCKN MUCH!

Robin717

Aug 3, 2017
OMFG it fckn worked, had that for quite some time and was already giving up on it. I even pledged a dollar to get help from the developer but no hope there.

THANK YA SO FCKN MUCH!

Bro...
Fucking same. Rip a dollar hah. Nah I'm JK since at the end of the day he made the Translator
There are still some things that I'm trying to figure out. The first problem I talked about with the newer version still stands
Also with some games the patching stage or the translation stage get stuck at 98% and 2% respectively

Reactions: almodm

Bossburnz

Sep 2, 2018
Can anyone fix this problem? I'm currently translating "Rural JK Exhibitionist everytime i translate the scripts part it says "could not parse", I've tried version 2.1.1 and 1.8.1 and still doesn't work.

GEORGEM

Jan 16, 2019
Anyone have tips on reducing font size in a game? Playing a game right now with HUGE fonts, I'm talking like 36pt. I'd appreciate any tips.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote