Tool Translator++

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
hey man i been looking for someone to help me translate some games, you think you could give me some pointers? im starting to get the hang of the basics.
There is not much to point out.
-1st try different engines to translate some sentences. google, red google, papago and deepl give the best results but still can very from game to game e.g. on farming life no translator does a good job only papago translation was somewhat readable (google, red google and deepl translations were unbearable on this one).
-2nd after you go with an engine, try to translate some tabs with different characters/symbols to identify what is getting changed during the translation, in order to revert it back later.
-3rd if translator++ misbehaves delete its folder and start from scratch (is a pain in the ass to identify where the problem is/was)
-4th take a look at Silentce guide and this (in case you want to restore the structure and the encoding of the translated json files)

gabz787878

Aug 31, 2020
Hi so i managed to translate a game but the enemies wont move and i cant attack them. It is the first time i try so i wonder what i've done wrong

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Hi so i managed to translate a game but the enemies wont move and i cant attack them. It is the first time i try so i wonder what i've done wrong
Do you have more info for us? Like, are you translating a WOLFRPG game, or RPGMaker (MV/VxAce).

Off the top of my head, I'd imagine you auto-translated or translated part of the Scripts file and broke something in the game's coding. I'd recommend finding the original Scripts file and replacing the translated one with that, and starting the translation for that particular file over (but be careful).

gabz787878

Aug 31, 2020
Do you have more info for us? Like, are you translating a WOLFRPG game, or RPGMaker (MV/VxAce).

Off the top of my head, I'd imagine you auto-translated or translated part of the Scripts file and broke something in the game's coding. I'd recommend finding the original Scripts file and replacing the translated one with that, and starting the translation for that particular file over (but be careful).
Firstly thanks for answering and second the game is a Rpg maker MK. The only broken thing is > enemies stand still on the spot and will not attack me. I tought it was an animation problem and i learned above that i should never translat animation do on my second try i avoided it. I think ill try again translating 1 by 1 and see were the bug is. Sorry i might say something noobish but it is my first try to translate :D

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Firstly thanks for answering and second the game is a Rpg maker MK. The only broken thing is > enemies stand still on the spot and will not attack me. I tought it was an animation problem and i learned above that i should never translat animation do on my second try i avoided it. I think ill try again translating 1 by 1 and see were the bug is. Sorry i might say something noobish but it is my first try to translate :D
All good. That's what this forum is for.
And yeah, sorry, the animations file is also the one you probably shouldn't attempt to translate.

gabz787878

Aug 31, 2020
All good. That's what this forum is for.
And yeah, sorry, the animations file is also the one you probably shouldn't attempt to translate.
But i dont really get why the game breaks i translated the maps, in maps i found the dialogs and the translation works ingame i can fight the BOSS enemies probably because they are scrippted but i cant not fight mobs

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
You need a program like Translator ++ to do that, or use the game engine itself to edit the files. I recommend the game engine.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
RPG Maker the program the games are made in. (MV, VX, VX ACE, ETC.)

kakalee

May 20, 2019
437/5000

After translating the renpy game (eg Milky city, Dream of Desire ...), I ran the game.exe file and got an error. Please show me how to fix it.
When translating the treasure of nadia (Lust epidemic) RPGM (Lust epidemic) game, the text is displayed for very little translation (no dialogues). Can anyone tell me the cause.
And who do please up to the latest Translator ++ version (2.9.29).
Thanks!
PS: I use GG Translate so I can write incorrectly, hoping for sympathy.

Jan 8, 2018
I'm running into trouble with Translator ++ translating everything just fine and then outputting an empty folder when I try to actually create the patch. I feel like there used to be a fix for that but it's been a long time since I've used this.
Does anyone know how to fix that? It's rpg maker XP so it shouldn't be some new problem.

Jun 4, 2020
Error opening file : undefinedTypeError [ERR_INVALID_ARG_TYPE]: The "path" argument must be of type string or an instance of Buffer or URL. Received undefined

I get this error with this game
Captura.PNG

AbsoluteLewd

Sep 29, 2020
If I were to use the Machine Translator and then try to edit all of the translations into proper English, would others be able to use my "translations"?

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
If I were to use the Machine Translator and then try to edit all of the translations into proper English, would others be able to use my "translations"?
Pretty much. There are caveats depending on how you decide to do things but if someone has the translated files they can pretty easily put them to use.

EnlyZ

Nov 21, 2019
I am doing the step by step of how to translate Ren'py games more after I translate that I will inject the translation when finished all game files are '' 0 kb '', why?

Jan 8, 2018
Well, updating it made it much worse. Now it can't even manage to open files. It just chugs through the whole process and then the extractor.php fails.

Snow972

Dec 4, 2017
Traslator++ V2.9.29

32 Bits

64 Bits

Dev version: send me a message

Update log

[2.9.29]

• Add : Word wrapping option for original text
  • Fix : Unable to batch translate source language other than Japanese
  • Fix : Unable to generate patch after importing TPP files when custom staging path is set
  • Fix : Unable to process tags in spreadsheet module
  • Add : Project's HTML Information to project properties window
  • Add : Project's information can be displayed on project load
  • Add : Option to enable/disable autocomplete
  • Add : Clearer error message & how to fix (staging's document error)
  • Add : Clearer error message & how to fix (PHP CLI error)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote